• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moveset Differences

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So far there really isn't any Sonic move that I would call useless, so I'd welcome back the moveset as it is right now.

If I had to choose some better attacks, I'd change his Fsmash into something faster, and his Utilt I don't really use much due to the ridiculously short range.

I'd also prefer the homing attack to have a straight-line path, and MAYBE his Aerial Spindash could be reworked into a bounce (but only if his spinshot is removed, of course, since I wouldn't want to lose that technique in vain)

Would really like to see some better color swaps.
This time I predict:
Blue: Default
Red: Red Sonic doll (Sonic Colors)
Green: Green Sonic doll (Sonic Lost World)
Black: Black Sonic (Sonic the Fighters)
Yellow: A gold-ish blue Sonic (Similar to Brawl's)

I'd love to have a Metal Sonic skin, or Shadow at the very least.

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if they will introduce the Sonic's new powers of Lost World, or they will still use the same borrings old moves, I mean all thoes rollng "B" special atacks

mobilisq

Smash Ace
the footage in the new nintendo direct video makes it seem like sonics moves flow into each other much more smoothly now

something tells me this iteration of the series will have really tight controls

64 hit combo

Smash Rookie
NNID
64_hit_combo
On the part that he dodged samus charge-shot thats a new move

And you know sidestepping is down and rolling on left and right

Maybe its a new mechanic of an up while shielding compared too the left/right/down while shielding

I turned the youtube video down to 25% speed and watched that part about 20 times. It REALLY looks like he's stopping his dash, and short hopping into an air dodge.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Can someone explain to me why it appears as though Pikachu is completely unaffected by the spin dash on that Pilotwings stage...? I'm I just missing something? It looks like Sonic just charges through the little guy with no effect! I'm not suggesting like "WOWZERS NEW MOVE CONFIRM" I'm just curious why that happened? Does Sonic's spin not hit if he's turning or something?

Tesh

Smash Hero
That is true, there is no hitbox during the turnaround animation (in brawl).

As an experience Sonic player in Brawl I can tell you everything looks exactly the same, even the hitstun. The visual effects are super flashy in this game but thats it.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Can we just be at least a little less lazy about his whole moveset I mean ****. I dont care so much as whether he gets buffed or not and more about whether or not his moves will be more imaginative than rolls and kicks. Like jesus 2 spin dash specials? Really? Would it kill you to add oh idk, Blue Tornado, Sonic Wind, Lightspeed Dash, Boost, Caliburn, Chaos Control, Magic Hand, Elemental Shields, ANYthing?
/end rant

But yeah as long as they do SOMEthing to make his moveset more creative and less boring/rolling around at the speed of sound Ill be happy.

Tsumiya

Smash Rookie
Hmm this is interesting. I really like sonic and I do hope he gets a meteor smash and tight combos.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
His Side-B from Project M would've been a nice change. I'm hoping they at least add some major change-ups to one of his spin dashes in the final game.

JbrockPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JbrockPony
Sakurai pls, give sonic a meteor smash T_T. I've been spoiled by project m's sonic with his meteor smash setups (which are god like). Maybe a better hit box on his spin dashes, they were kind of garbage in brawl. They were only good for for u-air chases >_>.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
A lightspeed dash would be a great idea for a side special.
Sadly all 4 specials have been revealed. They can still change though.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I want down special to remain Spin Charge, it's one of my go-to moves and helps me maneuver around the stage. Side special should be changed though. An idea I have is throwing a ring that'll stick somewhere and being pulled toward it, like in Sonic Battle. Up special is fine.

Sonic needs a projectile, so possibly change his forward smash to him spindashing in place and releasing a wave of energy, also from Sonic Battle. Foward air should be changed to a meteor smash, and down air is just amazing. Never change it. If anything though, I think all Sonic will end up getting is buffs.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well I'm pretty happy his moveset is still the same, except he's buffed. :)
I'm definitely picking Sonic back up to be among my top 3 once again.

LOVED how that dair is a meteor/spike. That's what it should've been in the first place.

Glad to have you back in my party, Sonic. <3 Had to skip you in Project:M

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Spin dash is so much faster and all his aerials seem to to have far less ending lag. Hopefuly this means sonic can actually put up a fight agaisnt characters with really good frame data like falco. As in brawl his frame data as a whole wasn't very good. Uair to Dair meteor smash just has me hyped for combo finishers.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Looks like sonic has a new forward or neutral air at 6:07 when he's fighting mario on the halberd

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
nah it's still the same forward aerial he used to have except like his other aerials it's been reanimated, so in a way it can be considered new i guess.

Top Bottom