• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moveset Changes for the next Smash Game?

Cukee

Smash Rookie
Wii U is around the corner and with some good news, I'm talkin' about the next Super Smash Bros game. So I started to think: What would I change about brawl? I've got some ideas (like everyone else, I guess), but then I thought: What would I change about OLIMAR? more ideas came to me, and I ask you guys, What would you change about oli's moveset, and I'm talking 'bout moveset only, not about knockback and damage, otherwise olimar's jab will deal 36% damage or so.
I'm starting with oli's weakness, recovery. one matter keeping olimar out of high tiers.
I'm not saying to let olimar use pikmin chain infinite times, or maybe I am. That'd be cool, but it won't be fair (sadly), what i'm saying is to make it work kind of Falcon Dive or Ganon's Dark dive, where if the up special hits an enemy, to be able to repeat the up special, that way Olimar won't be so...(i'm missing a word here)... weak? against edge-guarding. sorry, english isn't my mother language.
So that's my idea, but again, what would YOU guys...VULNERABLE!!! that's the word I was looking for... change about olimar's moveset?
(Damn you Wii U, because of you, I won't be playing pikmin 3 in my Wii)

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Umm... Olimar's actually top tier right now. ^^;

Olimar's already a fine example of an interesting character. He has strengths that make him viable, enough weaknesses to make him beatable, and quirks that make him fun to learn about.
The only thing I'd really change would be fixing the occasional "whiffs" that come in certain situations and the ghost Pikmin glitch.

Cukee

Smash Rookie
Umm... Olimar's actually top tier right now. ^^;

Olimar's already a fine example of an interesting character. He has strengths that make him viable, enough weaknesses to make him beatable, and quirks that make him fun to learn about.
The only thing I'd really change would be fixing the occasional "whiffs" that come in certain situations and the ghost Pikmin glitch.
Why would sakurai put that in? I'm talkin' about the "whiffs", I read somewhere that he put that intentionally. About the tier, em, sorry you're right, but I think Oli deserves to be higher the the tier list (is it just me?)

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Why would sakurai put that in? I'm talkin' about the "whiffs", I read somewhere that he put that intentionally. About the tier, em, sorry you're right, but I think Oli deserves to be higher the the tier list (is it just me?)
imo let olimar take out his rocket ship and be able to glide :D

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I doubt Sakurai put the whiffs in purposefully... everything he did to brawl he did for a reason. Even if some of those reasons are stupid (tripping and character balance). Pikmin are just too complicated and have a lot of bugs. Making Olimar less buggy is definitely something I'd like to see them fix. Grab armor would be nice too, but I can understand why he doesn't have it.

SethT

Smash Ace
My only request is for Olimar to grab the ledge when he knocks people off the ledge with ^B
Grab whistle would be cool.

Also the ability to designate which pikimin you want to pull up.

FOUREYES

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, not going into freefall after tether would be great. However, in all honesty, Olimar as a character is actually really well balanced, and is totally fine.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Faster run-speed would be nice. Though, I guess it wouldn't be bad if he weren't the only character who flung his hurt-box behind him as he dashed, so having that animation fixed would be nice.

Taking away other character's grab armor would be nicer than giving olimar grab armor, imo.

Making a fire animation from purple pikmin grab-break (oh nintendo coders....)

Jab being safe on hit... or making any of his tilts useful close range, just like... 1 not having 300 frames of cooldown would be nice, lol.

Better Pikmin synchronization.

3 Pikmin at spawn.

They could fix a lot of things, lmao.

Cukee

Smash Rookie
about the jabs, Dnyce is right, I'm having troubles with Falco's stupid jab and i'm not finding useful any of oli's tilts or jab. any suggestions? (besides powershielding, I'm already powershielding during Falco's AAA and I'm getting predictable)

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Give him a sword and the abilty to twist in a 360 motion creating powerful winds strong enough to draw an opponent in a damage him repeatedly with hardly any way to punish me.

:phone:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Olimar-exclusive instant airdash and 100-pikmin tether would be godly.
Probably wouldn't even need to sort by the time you reach 100 pikmin. Just whistle the purples forward and spam.

It's quite probable that any new Pikmin introduced in Pikmin 3 (excluding area-specific types, such as "Bulbmin") will be made available to him in the new smash games. Might actually be something worse than purples in there.

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
I would make it so pikmin always come out after whistle. Always. A little more rise with each amount of pikmin on upB and the ability to grab ledge while the upB is out. Thats all really. He is a really solid character. Maybe a better jab. But that would be broke. (Same as grab armor, but if he had that.. My God.)

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Give him the new pikmin from the next installment in the series, but that's it. He's a good, very well balanced character. Giving Olimar stuff like grab armor or a better recovery would push him to levels of Meta-Knight brokenness.

Then again, maybe Smash NEEDS another MK-like character, to balance him out.

Or maybe I just want to win too easily.

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
All I ask for the next game:

1) Better recovery
2) More accurate depictions of Pikmin. (Flowers making them faster and stronger; Yellows with bomb rocks)
3) Bulbmin (Seriously, WTF. They focused a lot on Pikmin 2 but they don't include these guys?!)

The bulbmin should be like Peach's Bob-ombs. Rare to pluck but when you do, the rewards would be insane. Basically a purple pikmin but faster, stronger, don't grab break easily, immune to fire, water, and lasers. They live longer than purples as well. Grab range would be longer or equal to the Blue pikmin.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Well they CAN be planted in the game, so it is possible for them to be plucked at some point...

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I know, I'm just musing. Perhaps I should clarify what I meant to say there.

It might be the actual creation process that made them decide to make a Pikmin usable in Brawl. You can "make" (I.E. convert) and store purples and whites, but you can't "make" or store Bulbmin.
You can change their Leaf-Bud-Flower status and actually go through the process of plucking them by having Mamutas/Snitchbugs plant them, though.

Cukee

Smash Rookie
Besides making pikmin faster and stronger when they become Flowered pikmin, I'd wish that when olimar losses a stock, the pikmin instead of diying, to bury them selves, so when Oli gets back he'd pluck them with pikmin whistlle, this idea is bad in a second thought, nevermind. He definitely should take the pikmin with him in the final smash.

pikmingrapeandrape

Smash Cadet
Oli is a very balanced character. All he needs is a better recovery which goes through edgehoggers, and he should get any new pikmin from pikmin 3.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
for his jab attack make it his 3 hit rocket punch from pikmin 2.. first hit 2-3% next hit 3-4% last hit 5-6% totaling to about 10-13% or lower the damage percent and give the last hit shock like falcons knee or something

Top Bottom