• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mount Dedede - His Majesty's Social Thread (Come in and Introduce Yourself!)

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Is there footage of you kicking butt with his majesty at Pax South? Did you murder any punk Diddys?
No streams or footage that I am aware of. One diddy but a lot of rosalinas and sheiks this tourney. Went through 2 THEN the grand finals rosalina. I had a lot of people rooting for me as we were all glad to see no diddy in finals.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*Pokes head in*
Uh... Hi!
I am SmashRiver64.
I have a bucket of chicken, and I main King Dedede.
How's it going? :4dedede:
Dedede.png

KillJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
K0maeda
3DS FC
0361-6214-0350
Scrublord here, but damn do I love playing Dedede.

One question I have to ask though: Are Gordos really trash or do they have their uses?

Someone who played Dedede in Brawl in my region says that the gordos have made his zoning almost worthless, but I'd like to hear others opinions on it.

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman

One question I have to ask though: Are Gordos really trash or do they have their uses?

Someone who played Dedede in Brawl in my region says that the gordos have made his zoning almost worthless, but I'd like to hear others opinions on it.
You need to not treat them like other projectiles. I use mostly for god-tier edgeguarding and using the short throw to protect.

rsr2

Smash Lord
I think Gordo's are excellent. If you play them right and not mindlessly spam them, they are really awesome. My favorite is to fake out people with them by holding up. Most of the time they either Jab or hold shield expecting it to fly right at them, thus leading to a free grab or F-tilt depending on how far away they are.

Last edited:

NualphaJPN

Smash Cadet
Hey what's up everyone, the name is FatalDMG on twitch but my team name is NualphaJPN.
My main is Dedede and enjoy using the King Penguin very much so, that I intend on bringing him to the next Umebura tournament in Tokyo.

I'll try to stop by more often and drop some new tech whenever possible.

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack

Gordo is also pressure heavy. In a really weird way, Gordo functions similar to luma. Keep it out, but not aggressively. Gordo thrown at the up angle can be an easy forward or back throw combo. It can even be used for a couple mind games. Up throw Gordo and immediately try to face plant the opponent. He or she is so occupied with Gordo that the face plant is a total surprise. I can't count how many times this has worked online and against my friends.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Thanks for updating me on this thread Smashboards (not)! Played catch up from page 6 to here. Lots of introductions being thrown around which is pretty cool. Not even sure what my last post was here (didn't bother to look back) but I still main the King!...well co-main him with Galacta Knight. There's no tournaments in my area...or Smash players in general and my Wii U doesn't connect to the internet where I am for some reason so the only match up related stuff I can talk about is the matches I have with my cousin. Sooo I'm not too useful competitively but whatever, socializing in the social thread!

Since Amiibos were being talked about I'll go ahead and mention that of the two Amiibos I've fought (my Fox and my cousins Link) neither of em can even take a stock off my Dedede. Most matches are kinda close and they even win some (**** using Puff against them ;-; those stat buffs are dumb and no I'm not talking about equipment) but against D3 they can't even ko me. Part of it is because of how ranged he is, another part being how long he lives and another part being that...Amiibos are just dumb or at least the two I've fought. Get em on the ledge, up angle a gordo and then go for an fsmash and it hits them like 90% of the time and usually kills either outright or allows for a gimp. I'll be getting the Marth one soon so I'll see if that one is more competent especially since I actually use Marth. Oh and I have no plan to get a D3 Amiibo until a Kirby game comes out or some other game that makes better use of it. Got the Fox one for Starfox Wii U and getting the Marth one for Project Steam. Don't have the money or interest for collecting and the Amiibo function for Smash while neat isn't worth getting an Amiibo for imo.

I also have no D3 merch to share like some of ya ;-; got a Kirby toy thing from I think Burger King back when the anime was going on. Pretty sure that's my only merch from the Kirby series though

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

The Gordo is a very valuable tool in our kit.
But, as a few have said already, it's not a standard projectile. So you can't use it as such.

Now I definitely think I'm gonna go through with my idea of a "General Gordo Guide" of sorts.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Please do! I've gotten smarter about how I use it, but I still feel like I might be using it a little too often/in the wrong situations.

Especially when my opponent doesn't seem to understand how to deal with it, eheheh. :4dedede:

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
Hi guys, new Deeds player checking in. As of now he is my secondary to Luigi but in non serious matches I pick the Deeds every damn time lol

Just played in my first tournament last week, mostly Deeds in the low rounds but switched to Luigi for loser's finals and grands. I took 2nd, but the guy who I lost to mains Rosalina which is my toughest matchup for both mains. Looking forward to chatting with you all down the line and as I get more into the competitive scene! Just ordered an el gato so hopefully videos will be coming soon! :)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
So it just me or are Dedede dittos the best dittos

Alotoaxolotls

Smash Cadet
NNID
alotoaxiolotls
3DS FC
3969-4797-0441
Hello, just your friendly neighborhood lurker here. I main our almighty mallet master, and am excited to meet people who do the same.
I used to main :popo:, and I'm happy to have found someone who satisfies my hammering needs
STOP! Hammer Time!:smash::smash::smash:
(As is usual with bad puns, they're pretty bad)

Last edited:

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
Anyone have any suggestions on escaping Ness's stupid down throw, fair combo? In my experience, His Majesty's a bit too wide to just DI out.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Anyone have any suggestions on escaping Ness's stupid down throw, fair combo? In my experience, His Majesty's a bit too wide to just DI out.
Don't let him grab you. That's pretty much all you can do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
At stupidly low percents you can fast fall and tech away!
Don't let him grab you. That's pretty much all you can do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
wait I got a skype request probably weeks ago now from a toadster, was that you?

Alotoaxolotls

Smash Cadet
NNID
alotoaxiolotls
3DS FC
3969-4797-0441
Has anybody else been fast-falling out of d-throw to u-air before to final hit and regrabbing as a mix-up? It really only works against heavy characters and ones like the FALCONE when they're at high percents, but even then it's easy to di away if you expect it.
:smash:

(I use this a ton, but that might just be my inner Ice-climbers shining through)

Last edited:

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Has anybody else been fast-falling out of d-throw to u-air before to final hit and regrabbing as a mix-up? It really only works against heavy characters and ones like the FALCONE when they're at high percents, but even then it's easy to di away if you expect it.

(I use this a ton, but that might just be my inner Ice-climbers shining through)
I do this sometimes, but I don't rely on it very often because it's very easy to escape if your opponent knows what's up. And even if they don't it's possible they'll try throwing an attack out anyways.

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack

Why didn't I think of that? Thanks for the tip. :4dedede:

Alotoaxolotls

Smash Cadet
NNID
alotoaxiolotls
3DS FC
3969-4797-0441
Warning Received
Yeah, sometimes they'll just mash buttons and randomly jump out, but if a player is used to the combo they'll usually just try to di

K :smash:

Why didn't I think of that? Thanks for the tip. :4dedede:
K, yw :3

K:smash: " avre d3"

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hey there, cool thread! I've been maining Dedede since November, and so far, it's going good.

Alotoaxolotls

Smash Cadet
NNID
alotoaxiolotls
3DS FC
3969-4797-0441
I would like to point out that no one thought to make so that during the current conquest King Dedede was on Team King Dedede, preferring to put him on Team Diddy Kong.:ohwell:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I would like to point out that no one thought to make so that during the current conquest King Dedede was on Team King Dedede, preferring to put him on Team Diddy Kong.:ohwell:
Yeah, what's up with that? I guess his handsome mug will still show up after Team Diddy Kong inevitably wins.

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
Hey guys, New to the competitive scene in smash but been playing semi seriously since Brawl. I mained D3 in brawl and absolutely love the changes made to him in Sm4sh. I notice a few people here talk about the "chain grab" You all shouldn't underestimate it as even though more advanced players will figure it out quickly you can still mix it into your play. If they focus on trying to jump away from the U-air cancel you can always just opt to finish the u-air and chances are they weren't focusing on DI too intensely. Not to mention it's absolutely hilarious to chain grab heavier characters into oblivion on for glory when people don't figure it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3-uRgdj-uA

A small video of my highlights on FG. I know it's only FG but I don't have any tourny matches to show yet. I plan on attending a college tourny next weekend however.

Last edited:

atomicblast360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AtomicBlast360
I'm a an okay Dedede wanting to learn how to improve, I'm new to competitive smash, so if anyone would like to fight me and give me advice that would be appreciated, NNID AtomicBlast360, I'm on Wii U Ill be on most of the day February 4th (Tomorrow)

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Finally won my first non-line tournament today with the Dedes. Although I pulled out Jigglypuff for one match in the first round, it was Dedede all the way otherwise!

ItsShanks

Smash Rookie
I feel bandwagony, but a new Dedede player approaches.. heh. Anyway, hey guys I'm Shanks. Kinda new still but yearning to please his majesty.

Top Bottom