• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mount Dedede - His Majesty's Social Thread (Come in and Introduce Yourself!)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Finally got to play the King on the Wii U version and see him in all his HDedede glory.

I'm still terribad having just started playing today but I did manage to get a general feel of him better than many of my other mains from previous games, in spite of all his changes.

NFTsmasher

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shoob24
Hey all, I'm not sure if it would be appropriate on the forums to just post my Twitch channel as a separate topic, but I stream Smash 4 among other games at twitch.tv/inflatablethor and it would be cool if others from this subforum would join some time to critique my moves and so that we could further discuss the character together!

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Hey all, I'm not sure if it would be appropriate on the forums to just post my Twitch channel as a separate topic, but I stream Smash 4 among other games at twitch.tv/inflatablethor and it would be cool if others from this subforum would join some time to critique my moves and so that we could further discuss the character together!
Posting a thread isn't necessary, but of course you're more than welcome to bring it up here! This is the Social Thread, after all.
And I'd be more than happy to join you sometime! Feel free to shoot me a PM if you ever want some matches.

KingOfDz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3453-9759-6739
Swell idea bro! As you can see I'm the self-proclaimed KingOfDz, but I'm always looking to learn from better Dededes as soon as I come across them. Dedede has been my bro since Brawl and I always liked his unique kit that can deal high-damage harass and K.O. potential.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I played a random Diddy on FG who was pretty dang good and won like 3 times out of probably 20 matches, what a horrible feeling. At least I only got 2 stocked once ;_;

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I played a random Diddy on FG who was pretty dang good and won like 3 times out of probably 20 matches, what a horrible feeling. At least I only got 2 stocked once ;_;
Reminds me we don't really have dedicated match-up discussion here...

...maybe I should get on that soonish...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
*pokes his head in.*

Played at a tourney last night. Had a ****ing blast, despite getting knocked out early-ish. Lots of people loved my D3, though. I had people crowding around setups just to watch me play, tourney set or not. Comments and compliments left and right from some of my region's best players that were present.

I'mma do it, guys.

Smooth Criminal

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
This just got linked to me:

Well, you know, Dedede has dabbled with axes lately.
And then there's the whole Revenge Of The King thing,
and finally being possessed by dark creatures has a habit
of letting him open up his own gut.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Well well well... look who finally arrived. The wait was worth it.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
So a while ago I messed around with DeDeDe and playing him in Smash 4 just feels SO RIGHT.
Naturally, I picked him up as one of my go-to guys. Yet quite a bit to learn, but I'll manage.
Besides, HIS HIGHNESS IS HANDSOME!!

So I figured I'd poke my head in here and say hi.

majinvegeta010688

Smash Apprentice
What is BMing and how do you perform it. I saw it in the all hail the king guide and wanted to know what the heck it was.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Besides, HIS HIGHNESS IS HANDSOME!!

What is BMing and how do you perform it. I saw it in the all hail the king guide and wanted to know what the heck it was.
"BMing" usually stands for "bad mannering."
Or just BM is "bad mannered."
Last I checked, it ain't an AT or anythin' like that. :4dedede:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Just wanted to drop by to tell you guys that I just played against a DeDeDe and I don't think I've ever lost my temper faster in a Smash game. He was a gordo spamming, perma flying flowchart ****ter and taunted by laying down every single second he had available. How many are there that are like this? Is this how he's supposed to be played? I beat him, but it was the most boring spam fest I've ever encountered. Seriously, **** DeDeDe.

Thank you for reading my blog

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Just wanted to drop by to tell you guys that I just played against a DeDeDe and I don't think I've ever lost my temper faster in a Smash game. He was a gordo spamming, perma flying flowchart ****ter and taunted by laying down every single second he had available. How many are there that are like this? Is this how he's supposed to be played? I beat him, but it was the most boring spam fest I've ever encountered. Seriously, **** DeDeDe.

:4dedede:

Smooth Criminal

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
^ZSS can beat out Gordo with her uncharged paralyzer shot. I'm still tasting the salt even a couple months after I found out it was a thing.

But yeah, the only true way to play Dedede is to crouch every chance you get. If you don't taunt by crouching you are playing wrong.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

Well, I generally don't like taunting if I'm not, like, playing for money or something.
If I'm practicing, I don't want to potentially frustrate my opponent. Otherwise they'll play worse. That doesn't benefit me.

But it's hard to resist...Dedede's crouch is the best taunt in the game!

@ shrooby shrooby

This is a match between shrooby and I where we accidentally get the gordo glitch >3<
Would you mind uploading everything after that point in the match?
'Cause there's more shenigans. :4dedede:
Especially when I tried using Gordo again...

Last edited:

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
So this happened. Turns out the burying effect from the Super Dedede Jump is pretty potent. I don't exactly have the means to make a high quality video, but I did what I could. Long live the King! :4dedede:

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
Well, Gordo isn't exactly my cup of tea either. Actually, scratch that. It IS my cup of tea: a cup of HOT tea. Hot tea that I spill on myself every damn day. Gordo is a double-edged sword. It can KO, be angled three different ways, and even hit twice with same hit box, but almost every attack in the game can send that sucker flying back to the King at 88 mph. Sadly, that sweltering tea is one of the King's best approaches, and that isn't a good thing. If you're getting so heated, practice smacking Gordo back at Dedede. A solid nair ought to do the trick.
As for the taunt, it's hilarious. There's no better way to say "Well, don't you feel dumb?" than to lay down and stare straight at the camera. Dedede's crouch taunt is second only to Palutena's side taunt if you were to ask me.
Long live the King!:4dedede:

Last edited:

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Played a bunch of for glory matches that's rekindled my love for the king. Played a guy who got me thinking, it was probably the best I played the King in this game yet. And the best part was that we only lagged like one time.

Dedede is way too fun to use.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I moderate this place now.
Because the Dedede sub-forum is so out of control! :4dedede:

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Wait, im a little confused, can King Dedede talk at all? not counting the anime
Ummm...

I...don't know...

I don't think Dedede canonically talks. Definitely nothing outside of just text, at least.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I want to secondary both of the other Kirby characters, so I'm coming here first. I'd go to the Meta Knight section first, but I like King DeDeDe better as a character, so... yeah. I'm here to be taught by the King how to be the King.

Please, your Majesties, teach me!

(also I came here to take away @ shrooby shrooby . get in my mouth and we can fall into the void together.)

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I want to secondary both of the other Kirby characters, so I'm coming here first. I'd go to the Meta Knight section first, but I like King DeDeDe better as a character, so... yeah. I'm here to be taught by the King how to be the King.

Please, your Majesties, teach me!

(also I came here to take away @ shrooby shrooby . get in my mouth and we can fall into the void together.)
You know what they say, the more the merrier! wait wrong villain
This guide is a pretty good place to get started.
It's incomplete and is bare bones in places, but I think it states the basics pretty fairly.
And, of course, I'm sure some users here would be up for matches. (Like myself!)

And Dedede's Inhale beats Kirby's, unfortunately You're gonna be getting into my mouth. :4dedede:.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
What do you all do against Sanic that like to spindash + up air spam?
Shield, Inhale, jab, or f-tilt them out of Spindash, I'd say.
I'm pretty sure Inhale beats Spindash. Don't quote me on that, though!

Also, I wanna say Gordo will hit Sanic out of it, but while also reflecting it back. I feel like I've seen that before, but I could be wrong. Again, don't quote me. :4dedede:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Shield or ftilt are my usual answers to it.

Don't try to hit him out of it while he's charging if he's close, spin dash's release is invincible from 1f to the apex of the little hop (why).

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

Also, I wanna say Gordo will hit Sanic out of it, but while also reflecting it back. I feel like I've seen that before, but I could be wrong. Again, don't quote me. :4dedede:
While I haven't tested it with DeDeDe, Kirby's Inhale beats Spindash (along with all of his other spin2win moves except Homing Attack), so his most likely will, too.

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
It has invincibility there? Well, that explains a couple anomalies. It's pretty frustrating for me to face people who spam. I think I'm just not good at attempting to it. Any way, thank you for the help all. Feel free to add my NNID; I could always use the practice. Long live the King! :4dedede:

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

I'm going to quote you anyway and you're going to like it. Anyway, Inhale does not beat the Spindash. Jab and forward tilt are the most reliable ways to stop it, but Sonic is so fast that you need quick reflexes or you're going to lose.

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
I enjoy the simple things in life like hitting an opponent who tried to counter the jet hammer too early. Long live the King! :4dedede:

Last edited:

Mr Akae

Smash Rookie
I need to know something. Is ZSS a bad match up for King? I want to know peoples opinions before, I go indept with my ZSS problem

piscaso

Smash Cadet
When I first got smash for 3ds on October 2nd at 9:00 pm, I was excited. At first I sucked. I couldn't beat classic if my life depended on it. I finally understood the controls well enough to beat it with rosalina, and All star (easy) as greninja. I had loved Pokemon Y before so I thought I was good at him. I couldn't win against my friends with him. So I fell on Little Mac. I would win and I was good at him. But something was missing.
After school one day my friends and I were smashing outside the library and after a match I jokingly said, "Let's all play as Dedede!" I thought it was funny because he was so silly looking! He's a fat penguin in a cape who weilds a hammer, what more could you ask? I Dedestroyed them. They said "You should play as him more, you're good!"
For a few weeks I practiced as him. His damage was insane! He can KO some characters at 33%!
When November 21st came around I didn't have a wii u. But I was at a party with my friends and someone brought the wii u version. We basked in glorious 8 player smash. I got 8 KOs. I left and the next day embarked on a 22 hour drive to Washington. During the ride I played Omega Ruby. And occasionally smash. After a while I just kept at the cpus. Continuous 1 on 1s with level 8 cpus. Eventually I won so much I turned it up to 9. I kept winning.
Now 2 months later I have become one with the King. I've become super competitive with my friends. I win most matches. EXCEPT FOR MY FRIENDS DAMN SAMUS.

And now we're here. I hope that the king will reign supreme over all.

Top Bottom