• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Palutena can learn a 1000 things or 2 million
I don't know which goddess is better though. Viridi's such a whiny child who can destroy Earth just because she's throwing a temper tantrum and I like this. But Palutena's hair is amazing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't know which goddess is better though. Viridi's such a whiny child who can destroy Earth just because she's throwing a temper tantrum and I like this. But Palutena's hair is amazing.
And people make Palutena put like she gets down with Pit

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I tried picking up Palestina and I just felt like she didn't have a whole lot to work with.

Also, on the discussion about apple juice. Some of the best apple juice is from your local apple orchard. It's just mind blowing good.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Paletuna ...

i wish she wasn't low tier.
I wish too. I really think Sakurai wanted her to be that "bad" because he didn't want anyone to think he was favorizing his own characters. He did say he found Pit and Palutena worse than what they could really be. I'd actually don't mind more Palutena and Pit. Well, he put Ms. I have an answer to everything in lots of ending screens.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wish too. I really think Sakurai wanted her to be that "bad" because he didn't want anyone to think he was favorizing his own characters. He did say he found Pit and Palutena worse than what they could really be. I'd actually don't mind more Palutena and Pit. Well, he put Ms. I have an answer to everything in lots of ending screens.
He was lying about the Pit part since he's ranked higher in Smaah 4 than in Brawl...and Kid Icarus has more love in this game than 90% of the character roster(Mario, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem aswell)

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
He was lying about the Pit part since he's ranked higher in Smaah 4 than in Brawl...and Kid Icarus has more love in this game than 90% of the character roster(Mario, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem aswell)
Still I wouldn't mind more Palutena-sama in spite of her own guidance, her stage, her appearances in lots of ending screens, she commenting Bayonetta's trailer, having an anime-like trailer...
7.8/10 -Not enough Palutena-sama.

The website for the Arcade Version of Rio Olympics teases 4 secret characters, 2 from Mario, 2 from Sonic.

http://www.olympicvideogames.com/mario_sonic_ac/

I hope Rosalina is one of them. I'd say it's between Rosalina, Diddy, and Nabbit.

On the Sonic side, I think it will be Espio, Rouge, or Jet.
Well if there's no Daisy in this game, I'm sure she has more chances than Rosalina to get in.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Daisy and Waluigi

Blaze and Silver.

that's my bet.

It's literally an insult to not to include Blaze in the first built so it has to be her , otherwise it remains low tier
for me

Waluigi has way more chances than Rosalina for arcade installments , but Rosalina has more chances than Daisy.

We'll see .

Then again , the fact that there's a question mark means that it's a ''surprise'' , so maybe all 4 characters are newcomers , which gives Rosalina a higher chance.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Daisy and Waluigi

Blaze and Silver.

that's my bet.

It's literally an insult to not to include Blaze in the first built so it has to be her , otherwise it remains low tier
for me

Waluigi has way more chances than Rosalina for arcade installments , but Rosalina has more chances than Daisy.

Well see .
I'm pretty sure Waluigi and Daisy have more chances than Rosalina to get it. Yet, it doesn't mean she couldn't make it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well it's not like Rosalina hasn't been in an arcade game before.

I also wonder if they will do DLC for the Arcade version. If so, Rosalina seems really safe since she has a proven track record of being DLC with MK Arcade GP DX, and Mario Golf: World Tour.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Still I wouldn't mind more Palutena-sama in spite of her own guidance, her stage, her appearances in lots of ending screens, she commenting Bayonetta's trailer, having an anime-like trailer...
7.8/10 -Not enough Palutena-sama.

Well if there's no Daisy in this game, I'm sure she has more chances than Rosalina to get in.
Yeah and Pit only has
•Some of the best music in the game(going off of game series as a whole instead of just 1-3 songs)
•Most amount of enemies in Smash Run
•A stage dedicated to him and another 2 stages half dedicated to him(Palutena and Viridi making dough thanks to the others)
•An edgy clone
•Perfect Personality
•Most balanced character in the game and is pretty much the new beginner/starter character
•Has alot of jumps
•His own guidance
•The "VICTORY" Pose
•Floor Ice Cream and punny trophy discriptions for days

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Hey guys, I'm trying to find a Luma plush like the one in the spoiler, they seem to be the best ones. Amazon unfortunately doesn't have them anymore and even if I wanted it couldn't be ship in Europe. Does anyone know where I can buy one without spending too much?

EDIT: 100 posts yahoo!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hey guys, I'm trying to find a Luma plush like the one in the spoiler, they seem to be the best ones. Amazon unfortunately doesn't have them anymore and even if I wanted it couldn't be ship in Europe. Does anyone know where I can buy one without spending too much?

EDIT: 100 posts yahoo!
I've been waiting for a good Luma plush and that looks perfect.

I can't find that one on Amazon. Where did you find it?

EDIT: I found it but yeah it's out of stock.

Wow, I wish I knew about this one sooner.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No , you were talking about it way too much.

You could easily drop it , yet you kept going , so assume your stuff.

I honestly never thought people would start talking about that.
That's why I said I just continued it, never started...beside, apple juice is great
Then would Pit be happier with Rosalina?
It depends on how she'd treat him...outside of Smash that is. Pretty much any woman not named Bayonetta would be able to take care of him.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It depends on how she'd treat him...outside of Smash that is. Pretty much any woman not named Bayonetta would be able to take care of him.
I doubt that Rosalina would be rough on Pit. If anything, I would think that life would be easier for Pit if he worked for Rosalina, instead of Palutena.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I doubt that Rosalina would be rough on Pit. If anything, I would think that life would be easier for Pit if he worked for Rosalina, instead of Palutena.
If she has a hot springs, a ****ton of food, and doesn't mind being seen nude in front of him(like Palutena didn't care in the anime shorts), then Pit would most likely prefer working for her(but still live with Palutena because she's free 24/7...unless gods have to buy things to)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Paletuna is shameless and a goddess , Rosalina isn't.

There's a difference , portraying Rosalina as sassy as Palutena is clearly not gonna work.
I'd prefer Palutena just being clueless half of the time if anything; she can't cook without not bringing it to life, makes mistakes with things like Smash Bros being Bash Sisters, etc.

Palutena does have a good body though

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Palutena's personality is way better than Rosalina's current incarnation too.

Rosalina , who i don't even recognize anymore , lacks consistency in portrayal and becomes generic to match up with the rest of the Mario Characters.

Palutena remains sassy , serious and she can also be funny ; I Like how she isn't too stoic yet she isn't generic or dumb either , she just doesn't care like when she taunts and does her ''pole dance''.

She is the best.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina is a goddess (if not more) though, especially if you're comparing her to Palutena.

Palutena has been kidnapped like Peach, has been put in canon peril by VEGETABLES, has much clearer limits to her powers, including seemingly requiring her staff to use most of them. She also only watches over a much smaller scale of land than Rosalina does. She is also portrayed as weak in comparison to the other gods and even Pit is capable of defeating her. And she underwent mind control in Uprising.

Rosalina is more independent, hasn't been kidnapped, doesn't require her wand for her abilities and has the power of the cosmos in the palm of her hand (and has a literal cosmos inside of her gown), has outlived multiple universes, has the ability to PERFORM mind control rather than being mind controlled, watches over the entire universe and has been stated as being capable of defeating literally anyone and anything in official bios, clearly touting her as a really powerful figure. Even Bowser feared her and couldn't attack her directly.

Also Rosalina can pull off sass just fine and it's more justified due to how powerful and skilled she is.

I also feel Palutena in Smash ruined the character. Inferior voice actress and bad lines, and battle grunts that sound like sex moans. Far more apparent issues than anything you could grasp at straws to claim for Rosalina.

There is a reason Rosalina was on Nintendo's "Women's History Month" promotion, and not Palutena.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina isn't a goddess as much as she isn't a princess.

Palutena however is.

All until proven otherwise by a legit source , it's just fair.
The legit source is the games themselves.

It's flat out delusional to think she isn't at least a goddess. She is the textbook definition of a deity. She literally creates the universe, and houses another inside of her gown, like it's nothing, and kicks galaxies out of it.

Trying to say Rosalina isn't a goddess but Palutena is, is like saying Superman isn't a god while Goku is. In both cases, only the latter has been referred to as a god/goddess in-universe, but the former is clearly far more powerful and has far greater responsibility to go with that.

You rely too much on things being spelt out in black and white. Writers like to let you figure some things out, by leaving hints.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I totally don't want to repeat this argument since i think we can all agree , it ends in nothing at all because we will never agree in anything period.

Ironically im drinking apple juice while typing this.

------------ Moving On from that ------------

On my part i need to improve my Smash gameplay , playing as Rosalina and Luma isn't an easy task at times :/

I believe if i practice a lot i can at least become decent enough to win against some people in For glory , which sucks at times since there's lag.

Either spend my time in that or finally do some more Rosalina art ; I was annoyed by the Mini Rosalina robot voice but she still makes a very nice avatar .

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina is a goddess (if not more) though, especially if you're comparing her to Palutena.

Palutena has been kidnapped like Peach, has been put in canon peril by VEGETABLES, has much clearer limits to her powers, including seemingly requiring her staff to use most of them. She also only watches over a much smaller scale of land than Rosalina does. She is also portrayed as weak in comparison to the other gods and even Pit is capable of defeating her. And she underwent mind control in Uprising.

Rosalina is more independent, hasn't been kidnapped, doesn't require her wand for her abilities and has the power of the cosmos in the palm of her hand (and has a literal cosmos inside of her gown), has outlived multiple universes, has the ability to PERFORM mind control rather than being mind controlled, watches over the entire universe and has been stated as being capable of defeating literally anyone and anything in official bios, clearly touting her as a really powerful figure. Even Bowser feared her and couldn't attack her directly.

Also Rosalina can pull off sass just fine and it's more justified due to how powerful and skilled she is.

I also feel Palutena in Smash ruined the character. Inferior voice actress and bad lines, and battle grunts that sound like sex moans. Far more apparent issues than anything you could grasp at straws to claim for Rosalina.

There is a reason Rosalina was on Nintendo's "Women's History Month" promotion, and not Palutena.
There's also the fact that Palutena's offense (even under default conditions) is rather poor. Palutena often has to resort to a turtle playstyle, while Rosalina can be much more diverse with her offense.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Alli Hillis and Brandy Kroop Sound very similar , so i don't know where is the claim coming from about whose worst in term of voice comparisons with other characters.

It's also very weak comparing it to Rosalina when Kerri Kane is in Smash only , and yet Palutena talks a looot more than Rosalina does.

I honestly like the approach Palutena has in her personality , aside from her voice etc , because it goes naturally.

Rosalina however , can only be taken seriously in 1 Wii U game , which is Smash. The rest is ... well trash or close to it.

There's also the fact that Palutena's offense (even under default conditions) is rather poor. Palutena often has to resort to a turtle playstyle, while Rosalina can be much more diverse with her offense.
The talk wasn't about gameplay in Smash though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Alli Hillis and Brandy Kroop Sound very similar , so i don't know where is the claim coming from about whose worst in term of voice comparisons with other characters.
I could say the same about Rosalina's actresses. They all sound very similar too, a lot of people don't realise she's even had a change in actresses even once. And they are all about on par with each other, they just all have some bad voice clips and OoC moments.

The problem with Palutena's new VA is that she sounds completely bored and uninterested in anything she is saying. The voice is similar, but she doesn't emote like Ali does. One of my best friends, who is a huge fan of Palutena (like near-waifu status) has even complained about this multiple times to me.

Palutena is OK but I really feel she's really flawed in a lot aspects and not in a good way, and the one thing masking all of this (Ali Hillis) is gone now which leaves a lot to he desired. She's far outclassed by nearly every other character in Uprising in any case, both literally and figuratively. Viridi is best girl in that game. And Hades is just the best in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom