• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The direct wasn't really all that interesting, as I expected. The only ones that appealed to me are Star Fox Zero, Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE and the new DLCs for Fire Emblem Fates. I'm a bit skeptical about Paper Mario: Color Splash as I fear it would probably end up like Sticker Star.
Compare to the previous Direct, this definitely has no surprises. I only give 5/10 on this Direct, but don't get me wrong guys. I'm looking forward to most of these games. Especially Monster Hunter Generations and the new Kirby game.

Starfox Zero just looking better and better, I love how you can get the original SNES Arwing if you scan the Fox amiibo, I wonder what can you get if you scan Falco amiibo.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE was quite a trend when it first came out here in Japan and Taiwan. I feel a bit bumped that they didn't have English vocal localization for this game...

I already saw my brother played all of the FE Fates DLC, still not getting the game yet.

We need to keep secrets for E3
For tons of hype and surprises.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I can't contain all this excitment anymore! I will unleash it here! This is a video on Mario & Sonic at the 2016 Rio Olympic, featuring Rosalina. The celestial artist...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
User was warned for this post
I'm really worried newcomers are still exclusive to one event in the WIi U version but jesus christ...

*Images removed*

Total babe.

Moderator Edit: Explicit images have been removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm really worried newcomers are still exclusive to one event in the WIi U version but jesus christ...

*Images removed*

Total babe.
A bit lame if some these are movie cutscenes, but if some of these are actual gameplay footage. Pretty neat.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well of course there was no surprises. Turns out the Leak was true.

I was just hoping for a new Mario games aside from the couple in the direct-

A bit lame if some these are movie cutscenes, but if some of these are actual gameplay footage. Pretty neat.
Considering that there hasn't been Movies like this in the recent games , im more than glad that this was shown.

This is obviously not in-game footage , it even says so in the beggining of the video.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's some good GIFs:

*Images removed*

Also she's on the boxart with another render too!

Moderator Edit: Explicit images have been removed.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Here's some good GIFs:

*Images removed*
I think that the Magenta Toad is flashing the camera at the "You-Know-Where". Oh, and all these GIF are from the Wii U trailer. I hope that newcomers aren't exclusive to one events, I want to see Rosalina have varieties of clothings add to her closet, like shorts and the winter dress. Wouldn't we be fortinuate? At least she isn't restricted to hoops only in the Wii U, and I know for a fact that she'll be playable in aquatics.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Actually, the hoops event isn't the Wii U version IIRC, which is why they give her the baton event instead, since it's a close substitute.

I could be mistaken though.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
So, here is the Nintendo Direct. All the new games and stuff, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to put it here. I mean, we can see it here rather than going on other tabs. XD.

Please don't hate me for saying this, but... I'd never have thought Nintendo would make a video where Rosalina and Elsa are both in it!
Elsa at 25:39
Rosalina at 7:02

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Compare to the previous Direct, this definitely has no surprises. I only give 5/10 on this Direct, but don't get me wrong guys. I'm looking forward to most of these games. Especially Monster Hunter Generations and the new Kirby game.

Starfox Zero just looking better and better, I love how you can get the original SNES Arwing if you scan the Fox amiibo, I wonder what can you get if you scan Falco amiibo.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE was quite a trend when it first came out here in Japan and Taiwan. I feel a bit bumped that they didn't have English vocal localization for this game...

I already saw my brother played all of the FE Fates DLC, still not getting the game yet.

For tons of hype and surprises.
Hype is important

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Please don't hate me for saying this, but... I'd never have thought Nintendo would make a video where Rosalina and Elsa are both in it!
Elsa at 25:39
Rosalina at 7:02
If that doesn't tell people how different those two are, then I don't know what will.

Anyway, I'm surprised that no one brought up Super Mario Maker's next update yet. The keys, locked warp doors, and skewers can sure add more possibilities for your courses.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Saw the trailer for Mario and Sonic at Rio 2016, and I'll say while the games do look good, and it's great that Rosalina was finally added to the Mario and Sonic Olympic titles (she's going to look amazing as a skater when the next Mario and Sonic title comes out for Pyeongchang 2018), I'm much more excited for the real Olympics. Yeah, I enjoy watching fencing and handball.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
We'll probably know something new about Zelda Wii U at E3, but for now, we take what we got.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Here's some good GIFs:

*Images removed*
Why is she always so perfect? <3

However, this Direct was quite a bummer but at least we have a Star Fox Zero date, FE: Fates european date, Monster Hunter and new Paper Mario and Kirby games. Oh, and Rhythm Heaven best game evah.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Why is she always so perfect? <3

However, this Direct was quite a bummer but at least we have a Star Fox Zero date, FE: Fates european date, Monster Hunter and new Paper Mario and Kirby games. Oh, and Rhythm Heaven best game evah.

How was it a bummer when all of that was like half the direct ???

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827

How was it a bummer when all of that was like half the direct ???
Well, maybe because the other half was almost complete trash or I don't give a damn about. Like Disney Art Academy? Seriously?

The things I've listed imho were the best out of all but that doesn't mean that they were all exciting. Like "whoo, you can use amiibos how original..." but at least it's something.

And no Zelda U, no Pokken and no Sun and Moon. Just the complete absence of these things makes this direct not worth it for me.

Everything here is my opinion, you don't have to think the same as me.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
That horse's face in the cover art lmao
He represents the amount of excitement for that game .. yaaaay .... not.:secretkpop:

At least it looks like is gonna be better than the 3DS one , which is a shame since the 3DS had potential , but Nintendo is gonna be Nintendo at the end of the day , sadly.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but the Rosalina images had to be taken down. It has come to my attention that the images were too explicit to be seen at the SmashBoards, so they had to pack their bags and go. The box art images are still around though.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but the Rosalina images had to be taken down. It has come to my attention that the images were too explicit to be seen at the SmashBoards, so they had to pack their bags and go. The box art images are still around though.
Seriously? Just for her Official swimsuit?

I think that's too harsh since that's content that everybody , including 10 year olds , will see in game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, maybe because the other half was almost complete trash or I don't give a damn about. Like Disney Art Academy? Seriously?

The things I've listed imho were the best out of all but that doesn't mean that they were all exciting. Like "whoo, you can use amiibos how original..." but at least it's something.

And no Zelda U, no Pokken and no Sun and Moon. Just the complete absence of these things makes this direct not worth it for me.

Everything here is my opinion, you don't have to think the same as me.
Zelda U needs to be saved for E3, Pokken was shown, and Sun/Moon was just announced a week ago...
Life makes no sense once again in my life

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Zelda U needs to be saved for E3, Pokken was shown, and Sun/Moon was just announced a week ago...
I now understand why this discussion is inconsistent. The Direct shown here was different. This is what I saw:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I hope this applies to ALL the characters , and not just to Rosalina and if somebody posts a picture of , a Pokemon (which is naked) or Mario in a swimsuit , you delete that as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't intend to get involved much with this thread but seriously?

I mean we have "Don't make me beg" Bayonetta in Smash and we can post whatever of her just fine, but official trailer shots and GIFs of Rosalina in a sports leotard doing some fancy acrobatics, from a 7+ game, are NSFW?

The fact one would even consider that outfit on it's own "sexualisation" is outright misogyny. Women actually wear what Rosalina is wearing in the Olympics, because it's practical for events where you're flexing you're body around like that.

Like if you can't look at this without attaching sexual thoughts to it then that is YOUR problem. This isn't SUPPOSED to be sexy. Sexualisation is when something is explicitly SUPPOSED to be sexy or the character explicitly acts sexual (like Bayonetta, who once again, is actually in Smash now). Rosalina may have TINY bits of it if you really reach for it, but for the most part, aside from her Mega Mushroom animation in Mario Tennis and maybe that LINE sticker, one or two things in Smash Bros, and a couple of voice clips (which are again, BARE MINIMUM and not really explicit, I really had to reach for those), I can't think of anything Nintendo have done for Rosalina that explicitly tries to paint her as sexy. She's supposed to be elegant and beautiful, and happens to have a really attractive body. However, Nintendo don't really exploit that body in an explicitly sexual way all that much. Simple trailer shots of her doing a gymnastics routine definitely don't fall under that.

I say this as someone who absolutely thinks Rosalina is a total hottie, but at least I'm aware she's not explicitly designed to attract me in that way and that I'm largely attracted to Rosalina because of my own reasons and not ones Nintendo intentionally fed to me.

I can understand something like an upskirt screenshot from Ultra Smash or a close up of her chest not being allowed, since that's specifically getting nitty gritty, but an OFFICIAL image? That's outright ridiculous.

The most annoying part is that I posted those exact same GIFs in another Social thread and it was perfectly fine. The exact same thing happened the first time I was banned from this thread too.

This site seriously needs to stop having double standards with Social threads. Either have them all have the same rules, or I will just keep breaking the rules. Not out of spite, but because I legitimately don't know what is and isn't OK anymore and I shouldn't have to remember multiple different rules for different social threads. Social threads are supposed to be the most casual, chilled out threads, I shouldn't have to worry about infractions just because one Social suddenly has different (and unreasonable) restrictions on "age appropriate content".

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Rosalina made it onto the Mario and Sonic Wii U cover.
The thing that bothers me apart from no Luigi is the direction in which Wario is staring...

Why everybody is assuming the New Paper Mario is completely like Sticker Star?
1. Mario is seen with no partners, save a floating fairy thing.

2. The map has a similar structure and at the top of one of the buildings is a glowing star thing, most likely replacing the comet stickers.

3. PAPER TOADS! PAPER TOADS EVERYWHERE! In other words, no different species to interact with or OC's to provide world building that isn't a GENERIC.PAPER.TOAD!!! (Sorry, this was one of my least favorite aspects of Sticker Store and Paper Jam).

4. The battle system seems to be a modified version of the Sticker Star one with cards instead of Stickers. Also the European Trailer showed no EXP garnered at the end of a battle.

I sincerely hope that actually story/world building is in place, they explain things more to make things less cryptic, and the battle system is changed for the better (as in if you run out of cards you're not SOL).

FrontsideMisty

Smash Rookie
NNID
FrontsideMisty
Wow this social thread needs a new moderator.Can't even show a official clip of a character from the game. Mario and sonic guy you need to stop removing stuff based on your opinions.Why can't this social forum be good again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom