• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
I still can't understand why the Luma is so angry though. Maybe it's because Kirby is colored yellow?
Yeah that's pretty much it. Kirby is actively trying to pass himself as Luma in that picture hehe. The name I put for it on DA is "Not a Luma!" for that reason.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Looks like Pokemon Direct wasn't enough, so we are going to have a Nintendo Direct! on this Friday/Thursday!

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I just hope in new information about Zelda U. That's all I need to know.

And maybe Pokémon Sun and Moon but considering the Pokémon Direct some days ago I don't expect new info

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The Nintendo website must be slow then. Not that it matters for the Smash Bros. fans though, since Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U are all done with their DLC.
Looking forward to anything that comes from Nintendo, we get Smash news if we are lucky. Not expecting it, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a bit of luck.

And maybe Pokémon Sun and Moon but considering the Pokémon Direct some days ago I don't expect new info
This needs luck as well.

And who is that girl in your sig on the both side of Rosalina's pic?

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
And who is that girl in your sig on the both side of Rosalina's pic?
Yoko Littner from Gurren Lagann, best anime ever period. I wanted to use just one of the two icons but I couldn't decide which one to put as my avatar so I said "F*** it, let's put both on my sign". Then I found this cool guy Robin image and everything now is perfect. Oh, and also now the quote on my signature is visible.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Looks like Pokemon Direct wasn't enough, so we are going to have a Nintendo Direct! on this Friday/Thursday!

I don't know why it came today in my mind but I want another Mario Strikers. This is quite sudden, but I saw fan arts of Rosalina and yeah... I doubt it'll happen though, as I'm not sure Nintendo would assume such a violent Mario game once again.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yoko Littner from Gurren Lagann, best anime ever period. I wanted to use just one of the two icons but I couldn't decide which one to put as my avatar so I said "F*** it, let's put both on my sign". Then I found this cool guy Robin image and everything now is perfect. Oh, and also now the quote on my signature is visible.
I can only say: Never heard of it... but I may take a look on that anime. I hope it's not a too girly anime like Love-Live!! (Which my two sisters are a huge fan of it). And it almost feel like the Yoko and Rosalina's artwork in your sig are from the same artist... can you imagine Rosalina in Gurren Lagann's artwork style wears the same nurse dress like Yoko?

In my opinion, these animes both have the "Best anime ever" title. You know I'm an Asian that lives very close to Japan, so I do know a number of animes that my brother or sister can also be a fan. But here are my favs:
One Piece (Really famous in Taiwan)
One Punch Man<<Especially this one!!!
HUNTER X HUNTER
Seven Deadly Sins (Can't wait for it's season 2!)
Fairytail

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't know why it came today in my mind but I want another Mario Strikers. This is quite sudden, but I saw fan arts of Rosalina and yeah... I doubt it'll happen though, as I'm not sure Nintendo would assume such a violent Mario game once again.
Mario Strikers Wii U/3DS/NX/Mobile all at the same damn time
I just feel that my Lv 50 Rosalina still doesn't do well, so I reset her Lv and start from scratch.
"Git Gud"

the old internet answer for everything

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I can only say: Never heard of it... but I may take a look on that anime. I hope it's not a too girly anime like Love-Live!! (Which my two sisters are a huge fan of it). And it almost feel like the Yoko and Rosalina's artwork in your sig are from the same artist... can you imagine Rosalina in Gurren Lagann's artwork style wears the same nurse dress like Yoko?
Not in the least: Gurren Lagann is a mecha anime but it's too reductive. I like to describe as an epic, crazy and over the top tale of mankind. Seriosuly, it's great, I cried when I finished it.
And Rosalina in nurse's clothes is... interesting to say the least :smirk:

In my opinion, these animes both have the "Best anime ever" title. You know I'm an Asian that lives very close to Japan, so I do know a number of animes that my brother or sister can also be a fan. But here are my favs:
One Piece (Really famous in Taiwan)
One Punch Man<<Especially this one!!!
HUNTER X HUNTER
Seven Deadly Sins (Can't wait for it's season 2!)
Fairytail
I'm more of a fan of western animation, aside from Miyazaki movies and similar but I can agree with some on this list (never watched Fairy Tail or SDS).

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm more of a fan of western animation, aside from Miyazaki movies and similar but I can agree with some on this list (never watched Fairy Tail or SDS).
I see... Miyazaki's movies are like childhood memories for us (Classic), and DYK? One of "Spirit Away"'s scene was actually adapted from one of the town street in Taiwan.
Recommend you to watch those two anime, it's great.
Not in the least: Gurren Lagann is a mecha anime but it's too reductive. I like to describe as an epic, crazy and over the top tale of mankind. Seriosuly, it's great, I cried when I finished it.
And Rosalina in nurse's clothes is... interesting to say the least :smirk:
Really? Sounds like Seinen anime/manga if you ask me.
There are some artworks already, but imagine in Gurren Lagann's artwork style.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I just feel that my Lv 50 Rosalina still doesn't do well, so I reset her Lv and start from scratch.
Unfortunately, no matter how many times you train your amiibo, it will eventually ditch your training completely, and start acting more like the level 9 CPU. My smash attack usage with Mewtwo is rather low, and yet even though I tried to train my Mewtwo amiibo to follow my tactics, it eventually forgot about them, and became a smash attack abuser.

Also, amiibo are "very" smart when it comes to item usage, as they "will" chase after items like Poke Balls, Gust Bellows', and even Smash Balls whenever they pop up.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Unfortunately, no matter how many times you train your amiibo, it will eventually ditch your training completely, and start acting more like the level 9 CPU. My smash attack usage with Mewtwo is rather low, and yet even though I tried to train my Mewtwo amiibo to follow my tactics, it eventually forgot about them, and became a smash attack abuser.

Also, amiibo are "very" smart when it comes to item usage, as they "will" chase after items like Poke Balls, Gust Bellows', and even Smash Balls whenever they pop up.
My Pit always listens to me...and doesn't spam smash attacks...so Pit is probably the smartest one

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Are you sure about that? Check to see if a level 9 Pit plays exactly like your Pit amiibo.
I did...twice(for both a lvl 9 Pit and lvl 9 Pittoo); the cpu Pit just tried spamming smash attacks alot while Pittoo spammed Electroshock...Amiibo Pit 18 stocked both(total)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
FB_IMG_1456962901104.jpg

Just dropping this here.

I know people don't care much about Rosalina competitively in Smash here but it makes me happy that she's the dominant character in Ireland, and has been for a long time.

I really should get around to competing with her myself some time.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 99039

Just dropping this here.

I know people don't care much about Rosalina competitively in Smash here but it makes me happy that she's the dominant character in Ireland, and has been for a long time.

I really should get around to competing with her myself some time.
But Megaman though...

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Hands down, this has got to be my favorite Mario music. This is sweet and comforting, and may I say it's like a lullaby from a mother to her child. This is Luma's Theme, if I'm not mistaken? Well, I love this very much. It occurs during a specific cutscene:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
With the recently shared Leak of the coming direct , apparently we won't get news about the Zelda game , which sucks.

Even more , if all the leaks are to be trusted , chances are that M&S at the Rio O. games is the last Mario game of this year, which i clearly don't want since that's a very lame way to close Mario this year.

Even so , that's one of the games that according to the leak , will get coverage during the direct , so i expect Rosalina footage, and maybe amiibo funtions.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
With the recently shared Leak of the coming direct , apparently we won't get news about the Zelda game , which sucks.

Even more , if all the leaks are to be trusted , chances are that M&S at the Rio O. games is the last Mario game of this year, which i clearly don't want since that's a very lame way to close Mario this year.

Even so , that's one of the games that according to the leak , will get coverage during the direct , so i expect Rosalina footage, and maybe amiibo funtions.
No Zelda U... This is becoming a joke. I'm waiting for the immortal guy in Pokémon XY to say the "It's been 3000 years now..."

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No Zelda U... This is becoming a joke. I'm waiting for the immortal guy in Pokémon XY to say the "It's been 3000 years now..."
The longer the wait, the more hype it'll contain

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Can say I'm not really looking forward to this upcoming Nintendo Direct later but I'll still tune in anyways to see what they got.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Can say I'm not really looking forward to this upcoming Nintendo Direct later but I'll still tune in anyways to see what they got.
Hoping for Starfox info

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
His name is AZ.
Oh thanks, I wanted to call him just Z.

The longer the wait, the more hype it'll contain
I suppose you can see it this way. Personally, it just bothers me a bit. Not because it is delayed, because a delayed game means the developers need more time to do their job correctly and add more content to the game. What I disliked was the "release in 2015". I mean, or you know when to release your game and you say it, or you don't know and can't say it and you stop disappointing people. This same feeling of disappointment comes from Starfox too, personally. If it's delayed again, my hype will be as low as Federation Force sales.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Praying it can be a good game. I'm not bothered if they delay the game's release.
It has to be
Oh thanks, I wanted to call him just Z.

I suppose you can see it this way. Personally, it just bothers me a bit. Not because it is delayed, because a delayed game means the developers need more time to do their job correctly and add more content to the game. What I disliked was the "release in 2015". I mean, or you know when to release your game and you say it, or you don't know and can't say it and you stop disappointing people. This same feeling of disappointment comes from Starfox too, personally. If it's delayed again, my hype will be as low as Federation Force sales.
Ew Federation Force

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So basically there's already confirmation of Mario and Sonic At the Rio Olympics.

1- All characters available to play all the sports
2- There's Boxing
3- This means Rosalina can participate and that Rosalina will get new outfits for this game.

They made sure to showcase a lot of Rosalina in her swimsuit along with the New dancing event.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The direct wasn't really all that interesting, as I expected. The only ones that appealed to me are Star Fox Zero, Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE and the new DLCs for Fire Emblem Fates. I'm a bit skeptical about Paper Mario: Color Splash as I fear it would probably end up like Sticker Star.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
For the Wii U M&S Olympics trailer, I'm surprised Rosalina was only shown doing the only sport she can do on 3DS. You'd think that they'd want to give you a head's up that she can access more events. Or maybe they just want you to find out on your own. (Marketing manipulation conspiracy?... idk) It seems the leaks were real, but at least the presentation related ones were minor. Paper Mario Wii U came true at least with Paper Mario: Color Splash. Oh boy, I can already see from a mile away that people will start calling it Sticker Star 2. Being around the internet makes me feel like it's a crime to like Sticker Star. Sure, it would've been better if it had leveling up, memorable partners, and a solid story, along with the weird sticker usage. But I can still have fun with it by the base gameplay at least with a good amount of completion incentives that I really enjoy. But it could've at least had some more RPG elements. Hoping Color Splash will remedy past criticisms.

No Pikmin 4 confirmation was a downer if that's really happening, but no Zelda Wii U news worries me. I know it will likely be a holiday title, but Nintendo still couldn't throw us a bone just this once? Like a name at minimum. I will not buy into the common belief that it will also be released on NX just because Twilight Princess did it. Saving it for E3 can be good or bad depending on how inflated people's expectations become. But at least Star Fox Zero is on time for release and Federation Force looks much better than what we saw last year. This was a nice change of pace and a nice break from all those annoying NX rumor articles.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The direct wasn't really all that interesting, as I expected. The only ones that appealed to me are Star Fox Zero, Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE and the new DLCs for Fire Emblem Fates. I'm a bit skeptical about Paper Mario: Color Splash as I fear it would probably end up like Sticker Star.
We need to keep secrets for E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom