• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not getting XCX yet because I actually just got the Wii game (aka teh Shulk gaem) for €9.99 so I've been playing that along with other games.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ok so hold on , why would anybody be MAD at all when their favorite character is being included more?

WTF?

Rosalina is one of the ''better'' parts of both Mario Tennis Ultra Trash and MP10 , a game Which is ABYSMAL.

Let's be real for a damn second here. The only way to be pulling down Rosalina nowadays would be her new voice , which in the end , is not sooo bad , especially nowdays. Now that time passed , personally i find a bit indiferent to the change , sometimes i even forget Mercedes ever voiced Rosalina since it's been soooo long.

Other than that , there's nothing else. The outfits she wears are ok. Why is it ok for Peach and Daisy to dress properly to play certain sports , but when Rosalina gets it then she is ''generic''??

I don't get it. While i can agree she could just get the same dress , it just doesn't make sense to wear it all the time.

Why would anybody wear such outfit to play tennis????

I seriously don't understand this board sometimes.
Considering that Rosalina levitates, she can get away with wearing her signature dress more easily than Peach and Daisy.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Considering that Rosalina levitates, she can get away with wearing her signature dress more easily than Peach and Daisy.
In my opinion , now that the game is out , it would look sooo out of place. She blends better with her current outfit , unique to her.

Still don't get why appropiate outfits are a ''bad thing'' but whatever.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They didn't even properly model Rosalina's behind in Ultra Smash if that's what you are getting at. Sometimes it actually curves inward. It's really awkward looking and doesn't look attractive anyway, nobody is really looking for it anymore.

We already have MK8 and Smash for checking her behind anyway so it's nothing new. And they actually give it it's proper shape in those games.

And if some people think Rosalina is attractive then so what? It doesn't harm you or anyone really.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
After playing Mario Party 10 and deciding difference from Smash and MP10 in Rosalina voices, I come to think that Kerri has the best Rosalina voice in my opinion while Laura F. Smith is second in my book. Laura F. Smith is still ok, but the voice is letting me down alittle.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
To me it was

Mercedes > Kerri > Laura.

Then it after hearing MK8 it was

Mercedes = Kerri > Laura

But then again , since the voice itself it's not bad and i personally got used to it (it's been almost 8 years since Galaxy or MKWii , we need to move on)

Mercedes > Kerri = Laura.

The filter doesn't help that much , but you can certainly associate it with ''outer space'' , trademark to Rosalina

I've already done the test , and there's barely difference sometimes , the filter i applied in the video is most noticeable when she says Whoo hoo! , but you can hear it better on TV.

What people always miss is the deep in Mercedes portrayal , not really the filter. Deep voices are more appealing and that serious voice is fitting for Rosalina who always has a poker-face by default.

I mean it's weird that Rosalina doesn't even Smile in MP10 Before the minigame and it sounds a ''Whoo hoo!''

But overall they are all ok , but fans are really picky , which i would obviously understand since i have been really picky with this specific topic , but alas , get over it.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
To me it was

Mercedes > Kerri > Laura.

Then it after hearing MK8 it was

Mercedes = Kerri > Laura

But then again , since the voice itself it's not bad and i personally got used to it (it's been almost 8 years since Galaxy or MKWii , we need to move on)

Mercedes > Kerri = Laura.

The filter doesn't help that much , but you can certainly associate it with ''outer space'' , trademark to Rosalina

I've already done the test , and there's barely difference sometimes , the filter i applied in the video is most noticeable when she says Whoo hoo! , but you can hear it better on TV.

What people always miss is the deep in Mercedes portrayal , not really the filter. Deep voices are more appealing and that serious voice is fitting for Rosalina who always has a poker-face by default.

I mean it's weird that Rosalina doesn't even Smile in MP10 Before the minigame and it sounds a ''Whoo hoo!''

But overall they are all ok , but fans are really picky , which i would obviously understand since i have been really picky with this specific topic , but alas , get over it.
Don't attention to the fans if its bothering you. Pretty good test with the voice clips and you may save me the trouble of finding her voice clips from MK8 and 3D World when I animate again. I'll credit you for the voice clips when I do so.

Kerri 1st, 2nd Laura, 3rd Mercedes in my opinion which I posted early. Laura's voice with Rosalina is pretty good and ok, but I'm starting to like Kerri more. Too bad, she doesn't get a chance to show more and it lasted a short amount of time too.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm still playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.
Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to skip that one since I couldn't get myself to finish it in time mainly because I've spent the last month or so playing the Professor Layton games.
Don't attention to the fans if its bothering you. Pretty good test with the voice clips and you may save me the trouble of finding her voice clips from MK8 and 3D World when I animate again. I'll credit you for the voice clips when I do so.

Kerri 1st, 2nd Laura, 3rd Mercedes in my opinion which I posted early. Laura's voice with Rosalina is pretty good and ok, but I'm starting to like Kerri more. Too bad, she doesn't get a chance to show more and it lasted a short amount of time too.
Mercedes will always be the best Rosalina voice without a doubt, in my opinion, with Kerri at a close second. Laura is absolutely horrible unless they move her in the same direction as her two predecessors, like giving her the echo for example.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Has anyone got Xenoblade Chronicles X?
My Special Edition just shipped yesterday so I'm hoping it arrives soon. I'm a bit worried that it might be hard to avoid spoilers, but nothing major has been spoiled to me for the original which I haven't started yet, so that makes me hopeful.

Rosie shows Dex the light.
At least his commentary makes the game look more interesting. It's the battle for the babycakes!

I'm liking the design this artist gave for Rosalina's outfit. It looks great on her in my opinion.

http://sinarrow.deviantart.com/art/Rosa-572793653
That is quite the smug Luma if I ever saw one.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My own copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X came in the mail today in a great condition and I plan to start on it tomorrow, which I do plan to avoid going on the internet from spoilers. Good thing I was able to finish as many of my Wii U games as I can.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I guess my debate on television shows are that the reasons I watch Nick is because I liked these shows: Puckett & Valentine, VicTORIous and iFreddie. And I never knew about Sonic Boom. I know that there was a show about it with actual episodes, but I just didn't know what network it was aired on. My lack of cable and interest/curiousity has confine myself from watching these shows. Is anyone at all wondering about Disney? My old cable has Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Disney together, it was Direct TV. Well, I'm glad some of you can still enjoy these shows but sharing it on here makes me feel isolated, but I'm not saying you guys should stop. You may continue, and I'll gladly support your ideas.

In my dream, I dreamt of:
I was a stellar gymnast, a mother to the Lumas. I was hanging out with a group of unknown people, possibly a gang. I was wearing my Olympic leotard/swimsuit and I was at a spacious beach. The sun was setting and it seems as the water is subsiding leaving a massive floor of sand. I was to prepare for the sport events but, alas, I haven't the slightest idea of where I was. I supposed I could jump off the high boardwalk and head to the shores but I was filled with sudden fear of hight when I was on the other side of the railing. I slid down the railing and placed my feets on the warm summer sand. Throughout my journey to dilemma, I was constantly switched between first person view and third person view still knowing I am Rosalina. Very soon I found myself at a street with a sidewalk and the bushes that lies behind it. It seems as I have teleported there, somehow. I realize now that my environs are very modern, and I then knew I wasn't in the right dimension... I was supposed to be in Rio, oh how my friends miss me dearly! My adventure in the modern world ends as I awaken-->

*Awakes* Oh, what a strange dream... Well, I guess being my favorite character in my dream as a future "Rio Rosalina" model of the game coming soon means it's a sign I shall get it. Both for Wii U and 3DS separately. I hope you guys liked my dream as I felt excited while sharing it. Oh... The satifatory, and I also had a lucky day of getting more than one badges each turns. Even two of the badges just fell down the pit and I didn't even need to move a single inch. I got so many badges but sadly, none of them is :rosalina:. I don't have any Rosalina badges, except for Daisy's icon and Baby Daisy in a kart. (Which I got a long time ago.) Oh, and how's your Christmas preparations going everyone? If you all excuse me, I'll go watch some episodes from the "Paper Jam" series from one of my many favorite youtubers.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Earlier today, a talented Miiverse artist named Oscar was doing some quick commissions, so here's what I requested:

View attachment 86091

Our very own Rosalina as Dark Magician Girl from the Yu-Gi-Oh series. Ain't she the cutest?
I can see the resemblance there from this pic...almost.

Fun Fact: I still have that Yu-Gi-Oh! card of her stored in a box in the drawer somewhere.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dark Magician Girl is smol, doesn't have Rosalina's magnificent lips, and seems a bit more Peach like in the face. Still cute though.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Peach and Dark Magician Girl don't look nothing alike whatsoever.

No comment on the lips though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I guess my debate on television shows are that the reasons I watch Nick is because I liked these shows: Puckett & Valentine, VicTORIous and iFreddie. And I never knew about Sonic Boom. I know that there was a show about it with actual episodes, but I just didn't know what network it was aired on. My lack of cable and interest/curiousity has confine myself from watching these shows. Is anyone at all wondering about Disney? My old cable has Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Disney together, it was Direct TV. Well, I'm glad some of you can still enjoy these shows but sharing it on here makes me feel isolated, but I'm not saying you guys should stop. You may continue, and I'll gladly support your ideas.

In my dream, I dreamt of:
I was a stellar gymnast, a mother to the Lumas. I was hanging out with a group of unknown people, possibly a gang. I was wearing my Olympic leotard/swimsuit and I was at a spacious beach. The sun was setting and it seems as the water is subsiding leaving a massive floor of sand. I was to prepare for the sport events but, alas, I haven't the slightest idea of where I was. I supposed I could jump off the high boardwalk and head to the shores but I was filled with sudden fear of hight when I was on the other side of the railing. I slid down the railing and placed my feets on the warm summer sand. Throughout my journey to dilemma, I was constantly switched between first person view and third person view still knowing I am Rosalina. Very soon I found myself at a street with a sidewalk and the bushes that lies behind it. It seems as I have teleported there, somehow. I realize now that my environs are very modern, and I then knew I wasn't in the right dimension... I was supposed to be in Rio, oh how my friends miss me dearly! My adventure in the modern world ends as I awaken-->

*Awakes* Oh, what a strange dream... Well, I guess being my favorite character in my dream as a future "Rio Rosalina" model of the game coming soon means it's a sign I shall get it. Both for Wii U and 3DS separately. I hope you guys liked my dream as I felt excited while sharing it. Oh... The satifatory, and I also had a lucky day of getting more than one badges each turns. Even two of the badges just fell down the pit and I didn't even need to move a single inch. I got so many badges but sadly, none of them is :rosalina:. I don't have any Rosalina badges, except for Daisy's icon and Baby Daisy in a kart. (Which I got a long time ago.) Oh, and how's your Christmas preparations going everyone? If you all excuse me, I'll go watch some episodes from the "Paper Jam" series from one of my many favorite youtubers.
iFreddie>iCarley

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Oh, and how's your Christmas preparations going everyone? If you all excuse me, I'll go watch some episodes from the "Paper Jam" series from one of my many favorite youtubers.
Not sure what my family and I have plans for Christmas this year. Don't know if my dad will spent Christmas and New Years in Mexico again. I'm currently thinking about buying a PlayStation Vita as an early Christmas present.

And I only go to YouTube to watch music videos...rap videos, that is.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina's model from Ultra Smash has been ripped.

It's not being distributed right now as it's apparently kind of broken.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I've been pretty busy with a Mario Kart 8 tournament during the past set of hours. It's called the "Clash of Karts", and it's around to represent an upcoming show that will be airing on Disney XD tomorrow night, called "Clash of Karts Mario Kart 8".

Source: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkqer5sWg
Sounds like fun. Are you going to be in the tournament as well?
Not sure what my family and I have plans for Christmas this year. Don't know if my dad will spent Christmas and New Years in Mexico again. I'm currently thinking about buying a PlayStation Vita as an early Christmas present.

And I only go to YouTube to watch music videos...rap videos, that is.
I may go and see Creed at the movies on Christmas with my family. Also, I may try to get ZSS, Lucina, and Dr Mario amiibos as well before Christmas and I already got a Captain Falcon amiibo, last week. I may get Fox and Little Mac if not three amiibos to get first.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
These are literally the only two instances where Rosalina sounds like questionably bad

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0aEww92Ctfy

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0MfRFvh3LWX

One bothers me because her voice sound like it's about to crack and the other is Peachy.

But even so , it's unfair to put Rosalina in this bag considering that

A) The rest of the clips are totally Rosalina-ish

B) Many characters in MK8 , Mario included sound TERRIBLE

''Mario KARTTTT EIGGGHTTTT!!!!'' anyone?

I would obviously understand that the take is not what i would prefer but it's still fitting somehow.

Shame people forget this too :

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1DPsA8eT0RB

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1paCdhEenLE

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1wcKky95305

Those are examples of how she sounds fine.

While i agree that Rosalina's voice was a big part of her portrayal since the games where she comes from are sooo simple , the other big part of her portrayal is still there somehow.

A filter doesn't make the difference either , so people need to get off that horse. The thing that you like is that her voice was more estoic and deeper , and that's it .

I'd rather reserve my detailed thoughts tho , in the end , if the filter or lack of filter conflicts to some in liking a character or not then well , idk.

Also let's Never forget that in any case , this is Clearly Nintendo's fault.

Who were the people that replaced Mercedes in MK7 for starters? Nintendo.

Then , who decided that Laura F. Smith would be a good choice to voice Rosalina? It was Nintendo

And most importantly , Who are the ones that told Laura to voice Rosalina like that and removed the echo filter? it was Nintendo.

Or did you think that VA decide enterily how to voice the characters they get?

Did you think Kerri and Mercedes generate the echo filter naturally with their voices???

Blame Nintendo , instead of blaming people who are doing their job .
I did say in my previous post that I'm aware that it's not the actresses' fault, it's the direction they're being given that's not good. And of course the echo is not natural, unless you're Morgan Freeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom