• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No I'm pretty sure she is. Even if she's not broken she's too annoying to fight compared to other characters. its honestly baffling how she's designed
You probably have to anticipate Rosalina's battle style better. Certain fighters actually have the tools to contain Rosalina, which is why she's not as dominant as the likes of Sheik and Zero Suit Samus in the competitive scene.

Waterwraith

Smash Cadet
You probably have to anticipate Rosalina's battle style better. Certain fighters actually have the tools to contain Rosalina, which is why she's not as dominant as the likes of Sheik and Zero Suit Samus in the competitive scene.
I think it goes further than that. I think there are some inherent problems with her design. Wish they'd change her

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Man, I like Rosalina a lot. She's one of my favorite characters. Thats why I wish she wasn't so badly designed and op in this game. I just don't have fun playing as her and it makes my friends mad since they have such a hard time with her. I wish the'd nerf her so I could enjoy the character without dominating everyone with her weird design choices. :\
My brothers only hate the Luma rather than her lol.
She isn't dominating as she was before. It's still those weird competitive anti-Rosa players who still brags about her being OP, even more significant then Sheik and ZSS I say...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She isn't dominating as she was before. It's still those weird competitive anti-Rosa players who still brags about her being OP, even more significant then Sheik and ZSS I say...
It's just Luma and uair that people hate the most

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
In other news, as an artist I can say that the genderbent Rosa picture indeed has the lower sections of the leg too short, it amazes me one can be so proficient at coloring while making a basic mistake like that hehe.

In other news, Rosa isn't OP or badly designed. In fact she works as intended I'd say.

People usually complain about certain attacks by her being a bit too strong when getting hit by Luma (upair for example) but it isnt much worse than having a 50/50 kill setup(sheik) or being able to kill at 68% outta a combo(Zss).

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In other news, as an artist I can say that the genderbent Rosa picture indeed have the lower sections of the leg too short, it amazes me one can be so proficient at coloring while making a basic mistake like that hehe.

In other news, Rosa isn't OP or badly designed. In fact she works as intended I'd say.

People usually complain about certain attacks by her being a bit too strong when getting hit by Luma (upair for example) but it isnt much worse than having a 50/50 kill setup(sheik) or being able to kill at 68% outta a combo(Zss).
Rosalina's U-air is actually the more potent move most of the time and gets the early KOs, so you don't even really need Luma to get early KOs with it.

Rosalina's problem is that the community exaggerates how OP she is (because she takes a lot of skill and practice to be good with, definitely more than 99% of the roster), but then the player base also undersells her (most of the noteworthy competitive Rosalina players have obvious room for improvement or make obvious mistakes in tournaments so that doesn't help there either).

This is why I rarely interact with the Smash community in regards to Rosalina in Smash. Or in general. Just whiners everywhere you go.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I'm alittle more surprise that she gets more hate than Pikachu, but not much. People hated him on Brawl and smash 64 a lot.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Pikachu is an old character, so not surprise.
If you say so. If the anti-Rosalina players(scrubs or dumb ones) think that Rosalina is cheap, then they need to think again. If the good anti-Rosalina ones don't like fighting her, then that understandable. I don't like fighting Little Mac or Sheik(especially as Luigi), myself, but at least I'm not whining like those kind of players:p

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If you say so. If the anti-Rosalina players(scrubs or dumb ones) think that Rosalina is cheap, then they need to think again. If the good anti-Rosalina ones don't like fighting her, then that understandable. I don't like fighting Little Mac or Sheik(especially as Luigi), myself, but at least I'm not whining like those kind of players:p
The thing about Little Mac though, is that his air game and recovery are both terrible (possibly the worst in the game), which balances out his powerful ground game. So even if one considers Little Mac to be cheap, all that you need to remember is that once you send him flying, he can't fight back very well until he touches ground again.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
She's too cheap, a plague that wants to destroy humanity and replace it with brainless zombies a.k.a. Rosalina mains.

Y'know, there's always something to claim as lame, bad-designed etc. and there's always such a claim in basically, every game that implies going against another and is asymmetrical in that regard, and that not only is a bad habit because of the "assuming that to every complain is going to correspond an automatic answer that isn't yours", but as well because such toughts easily snowball out of control.
It's the case with Rosalina's Uair, as calling a move wich has 13 frames of endlag (wich only matters if you are still above her when the move whiffs) is quite unappropriate, most non-super floaty match-ups draw the line of fishing for Uairs kills simply in virtue of this, as well as her air speed usually not being enough to follow-up on whiff.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
The thing about Little Mac though, is that his air game and recovery are both terrible (possibly the worst in the game), which balances out his powerful ground game. So even if one considers Little Mac to be cheap, all that you need to remember is that once you send him flying, he can't fight back very well until he touches ground again.
Thanks for the advice, but I already know this and the character. When it comes to facing good Little Mac that are not from For Glory and know their character very well, they can be a huge pain for me to fight and give me a run for my money. Super armor, I'm not a big fan of it because my experience against it wasn't pleasant in the past with other games before Smash 4 so that's part of the reason why I don't like fighting Little Mac. Bad ones or decent ones,, I can take down.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rosalina's U-air is actually the more potent move most of the time and gets the early KOs, so you don't even really need Luma to get early KOs with it.

Rosalina's problem is that the community exaggerates how OP she is (because she takes a lot of skill and practice to be good with, definitely more than 99% of the roster), but then the player base also undersells her (most of the noteworthy competitive Rosalina players have obvious room for improvement or make obvious mistakes in tournaments so that doesn't help there either).

This is why I rarely interact with the Smash community in regards to Rosalina in Smash. Or in general. Just whiners everywhere you go.
Rosalina=OP
Ryu=Op
They can't tell the difference

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
I was looking through some really old traditional art folder of mine, around 2011 art so prolly not really that great looking compared to anything I'd do nowadays haha, but I still wanted to share. (Also ignore the signature with my old nickname ew)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was looking through some really old traditional art folder of mine, around 2011 art so prolly not really that great looking compared to anything I'd do nowadays haha, but I still wanted to share. (Also ignore the signature with my old nickname ew)

I think I've seen that before.

>All of these "Princess" Rosalina damsel things

they make me sad

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
>All of these "Princess" Rosalina damsel things

they make me sad
Dunno if you are referring to my picture, but I drew that for a contest where Rosalina is actually the "hero" of her own game, with this scene being her entering Bowser's castle while unknowingly having the Koopalings on her back hehe.

That was 4 years ago and I still remember clearly oh boy.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dunno if you are referring to my picture, but I drew that for a contest where Rosalina is actually the "hero" of her own game, with this scene being her entering Bowser's castle while unknowingly having the Koopalings on her back hehe.

That was 4 years ago and I still remember clearly oh boy.
Was this like a contest hosted by Nintendo or something else entirely?

Also I'm just awfully finnicky about how Rosalina's portrayed, so don't mind me.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

Nice picture. She must be babysit Bowser's children and Luma is afraid to play with them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Also I'm just awfully finnicky about how Rosalina's portrayed, so don't mind me.
I can be rather finicky with Rosalina's portrayals as well, since I just don't like seeing her be out of character.

Anyway, as for Quarium Quarium drawing, it can be quite creepy knowing that the Koopalings and Bowser Jr. are about to ambush Rosalina and the Lumas.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yet another tell tale "SHE'S A MAIN CAST MEMBER" sign.

Also it looks like she's about to whack Mario in the crotch with her racket.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm already seeing people getting pissy about this.

You want something to be pissy about? Play the hard mode of Gnat Attack in Mario Maker. ;___________;

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

You want something to be pissy about? Play the hard mode of Gnat Attack in Mario Maker. ;___________;
Oh my, already? Just... where?

I would have understoood for the Mario Party Island Tour, as I even got surprised by her appearance on the boxart. She's like just a NPC clapping at the end of one mode, her only animation, and she's on the boxart, at the same size as Daisy and Toad, or even bigger.

There this is totally legit.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Rosalina's made it onto the Mario Tennis Disk art.
No surprise there, but Nintendo is giving Rosalina more love, though. Can't wait to get this on Winter season.

Or just get some hammers and golden ones and take it out on the character that you hated on 8 man smash with your fighters in cpus on teams.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
No surprise there, but Nintendo is giving Rosalina more love, though. Can't wait to get this on Winter season.

Or just get some hammers and golden ones and take it out on the character that you hated on 8 man smash with your fighters in cpus on teams.
But I don't hate any Smash characters. :(

I mean situationally, I hate fighting some of them but that's more to do with online lag than anything.

--------

I don't normally post stuff from 4chan but I read this comment in regards to people (mostly Daisy elitists) being salty about Rosalina's inclusion on the disc/general prominence, and it's too real.

"If Rosalina didn't exist, Daisy would still not be in Smash. She'd also still not be in 3D World. She'd still probably wouldn't be in Super Mario Maker either, since Toadette is undoubtedly a more important character that is featured more prominently and wasn't a costume either. If there was no Rosalina, Yoshi or Bowser would be more likely to take her place on the disc before Daisy. No-one's taking her 'spot', she's still in every spin-off like she's always been. Rosalina's prominence has nothing to do with Daisy and isn't taking anything away from her, because she was never that important anyway.

I mean, most people only ever pick a single character for every Mario spinoff anyway. You're always DK, or Wario, or Yoshi, or Bowser. It's not like Rosalina's inclusion takes anything away, since you're probably using the same character for everything."

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Rosalina's made it onto the Mario Tennis Disk art.
Needs more Rosalina. It would be great if the game got DLC considering the game is allegedly 888 megabytes. We could get more characters. The game should definitely get Dress, Biker, and Cat Rosalina onto the roster. And they won't be alts, they'll be separate characters with different stats. There's no such thing as too much Rosalina.
And the sad part is that you actually "have" to complete hard mode Gnat Attack if you want the Fighter Fly Mystery Mushroom costume.
Well, that's one costume that I'll never ever attempt to obtain ever ever. It's not worth it. It was barely worth it to me to get Builder Mario. I had to use the Home Menu trick to win the original.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, that's one costume that I'll never ever attempt to obtain ever ever. It's not worth it. It was barely worth it to me to get Builder Mario. I had to use the Home Menu trick to win the original.
I got the Builder Mario costume in just one attempt, and I never even had to perform any tricks. Normal mode Gnat Attack is nothing when compared to hard mode anyway.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Normal Mode Gnat Attack gave me trouble but I did legitimately do it.

My main problems with Gnat Attack are:

1) You start from Stage 1 if you lose and try again.
2) The RNG making it partially luck based.
3) When I'm tapping the left side of the screen, I generally even can't see the right side at all because my right hand (my good hand), has to cover it to reach it. So while I'm tapping something on the left, tons of flies have appeared on the right side and I have no time react after noticing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom