• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
Can you further explain your first point, I'm not sure I understand but I want to.

On the second point, I don't know, I think I lack knowledge on the DDD matchup so that's why I lost. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to B-throw more but I was just aiming to keep stage control, maybe. I noticed I fell for the same traps in that match but hopefully, I'll improve in that aspect.
When you hit the ground and have luma, you can input a tech or wait and do a standard get up or roll first, and immediately afterwards input any tilt or a jab with luma, it's just safer than a get up attack and is pretty hard to punish. This won't happen very often but it's just a minor situational thing to take advantage of. Especially if you can land a sweetspot luma up tilt that can kill early af with rage, pretty uncommon through this tho. And this also applies to rolling, you can lunar land then roll and take the hitbox with you, this also leads to roll boosted lunar lands at ledge. There are threads for all this c:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Actually i can think of more characters that have more personality than Rosalina herself.
Having a Backstory = Have depth.

Having a Backstory =/= Have a personality defined.

Both Luigi and Princess Peach (and Daisy) come to my mind when personality is on the table , they have way too much that it should be illegal , same for Mario.

Rosalina's root in personality was her fierce presence , her serious attitude ; And since that's pretty much gone , she is like a different character.

Other theory i have is that , Rosalina's portrayal from Mario Galaxy was completely abandoned and that they started again with 3D world. And Thus , Rosalina from Galaxy is 1 character and the one from 3D is the current one , which makes more sence since they are nothing alike.

Not surprising if that was the case , considering that Miyamoto never planned Rosalina to be developed so much in the slightest ; Maybe she was so epic that they have to ruin her a little to make her even with the rest of the characters? XD lol , who knows.

Graphical Description Below:

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Mainly just a few of them in Mario Party 10 where she sounds like she just won the lottery over some very little things.

And then the big moans she does in Bowser mini-games and what not. Seriously don't get why they did that. The game went a bit too far with over glorifying Bowser at points.

I honestly don't find it too big a deal though. She's still the only character I play as in the game (aside from Bowser Party when I want to be Bowser, and Amiibo Party, because I don't wanna erase my Smash Rosalina Amiibo data, so I use my "Super Mario" Mario Amiibo and Toad Amiibo instead).
Ok...

Even though I like Rosalina, I still use Mario in most games.
Actually i can think of more characters that have more personality than Rosalina herself.

Both Luigi and Princess Peach (and Daisy) come to my mind when personality is on the table , they have way too much that it should be illegal , same for Mario.

Rosalina's root in personality was her fierce presence , her serious attitude ; And since that's pretty much gone , she is like a different character.

Other theory i have is that , Rosalina's portrayal from Mario Galaxy was completely abandoned and that they started again with 3D world. And Thus , Rosalina from Galaxy is 1 character and the one from 3D is the current one , which makes more sence since they are nothing alike.

Not surprising if that was the case , considering that Miyamoto never planned Rosalina to be developed so much in the slightest ; Maybe she was so epic that they have to ruin her a little to make her even with the rest of the characters? XD lol , who knows.

I do say they refined her look a bit. But they didn't give up her look in SMG. We can still recognize her.
And it's obvious they have to change her attitude a bit, since Mario Party is a friendly game.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Ok...

Even though I like Rosalina, I still use Mario in most games.
Rosalina has always been the only character I've ever played as since Mario Kart Wii. I was like "**** Mario and the rest of the cast" in favor of her and in Smash Bros., she's the only Mario rep I'll ever play as.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina has always been the only character I've ever played as since Mario Kart Wii. I was like "**** Mario and the rest of the cast" in favor of her and in Smash Bros., she's the only Mario rep I'll ever play as.
I do use her Smash Bros, of course. In any game that has Rosalina, I will use her at some moment. In MK7, I still often use Mario and Toad though, but that will change when I got MK8.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It was never really until Mario Kart 8 that I was truly able to treat Rosalina as a true main.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165

No they still kept her same look and personality from galaxy 1. Having fun doesn't mean she lost it. Plus yes backstory= depth, but it also means backstory=personality, character, etc.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
No they still kept her same look and personality from galaxy 1. Having fun doesn't mean she lost it. Plus yes backstory= depth, but it also means backstory=personality, character, etc.
What i said it's pretty much My opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own , popular or unpopular.
That's it , not much You can do about it so...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Finally got all three golden parts in Mario Kart, so I thought I would share an image of Rosalina with all three.
WiiU_screenshot_TV_010ED.jpg

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So I tried to doodle my mains, I didn't have a mouse and had to use that little red thing in the middle of the keyboard oof my laptop. (Think of it like the New 3DS c-stick)

http://sketchtoy.com/65074115
http://sketchtoy.com/65074130
http://sketchtoy.com/65074135
http://sketchtoy.com/65074146
http://sketchtoy.com/65074155
They're beautifuul, aren't they.
Not bad...
Finally got all three golden parts in Mario Kart, so I thought I would share an image of Rosalina with all three.
View attachment 50342
Can I see the stats of this Kart?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The Gold Standard is a clone of the Mach 8 kart body, while the Gold Tires are a clone of the Metal tires. The Gold Glider is an aesthetic glider, much like with the Super Glider.
So the Gold Kart is not superior than standard kart? Man...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So the Gold Kart is not superior than standard kart? Man...
You're probably misunderstanding what I'm saying here...

Gold Standard
Speed: +0.5
Acceleration: -0.25
Weight: +0.25
Handling: 0
Traction: -1

Metal
Speed: +0.25
Acceleration: -0.5
Weight: +0.5
Traction: -0.5

Gold Glider
All Stats: 0

The Standard Kart is just an aesthetic kart body, and in truth, is actually inferior to most other vehicle body choices, such as the Pipe Frame.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You're probably misunderstanding what I'm saying here...

Gold Standard
Speed: +0.5
Acceleration: -0.25
Weight: +0.25
Traction: -1

Metal
Speed: +0.25
Acceleration: -0.5
Weight: +0.5
Traction: -0.5

Gold Glider
All Stats: 0

The Standard Kart is just an aesthetic kart body, and in truth, is actually inferior to most other vehicle body choices, such as the Pipe Frame.
Okay...

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
At least they actually make the Gold parts in MK8 usable and good compared to MK7. The only real use you'll get out of the Gold Tires is with specific combinations unfortunately. I say unfortunately because these combos are really lacking in competitive play and only meant for Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach (only two out of the whole roster).

This is currently best for competitive play (and it's actually fantastic):

You get a good amount of speed with this + the unbelievably tiny character frame (it really is tiny) = great combo.
The handling is atrocious / terrible on some tracks though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
the Golden Kart is so easy to get in 8.

7 golden Kart parts are horrible , especially the glider (was it like 10000 vr?)
Mario Kart 7's Gold Standard was okay, but the Gold Tires were very awful in that game. At least Mario Kart 8's Gold Tires are much more balanced.

Sadly, the Monster tires did take a heavy blow, and based on stat totals alone, are literally the worst tires in Mario Kart 8 (tied alongside the Hot Monster).

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Hello Rosalina thread! Just decided to come by and quickly introduce myself. I just love Rosalina so much. She's by far my favorite Mario character. Everything about her is just perfect! When Smash 4 came out, I immediately wanted to add her and Mega Man as my newcomer mains. Such a fun character to play as and has a unique take as a floaty character who is also tall kinda similar to how Mewtwo is, who I'm also practicing with. I hope to get a lot better playing as her. She really needs her own game. Maybe an RPG that can dig deeper into her lore and explore the galaxies the way she sees it in her perspective? Also, I found some Rosalina artwork that you might not have seen before that I plan to post on the artwork thread. I also have a desire to practice drawing myself, and I want to make artwork of my mains including Rosalina. Anyway, those are my brief thoughts on Rosalina in a nutshell. Expect to see me here more often.:chuckle:
:rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina:
So we're talking about Mario Kart now? I need to get MK7 and 8 ASAP because I'm missing out on so much. That's like 2 games with Rosalina that I don't own yet. Being the completionist I am though, I think I'll have fun unlocking those gold upgrades. That's enough of me rambling for this post. Time for more Rosalina! Let's get giddy!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Hello Rosalina thread! Just decided to come by and quickly introduce myself. I just love Rosalina so much. She's by far my favorite Mario character. Everything about her is just perfect! When Smash 4 came out, I immediately wanted to add her and Mega Man as my newcomer mains. Such a fun character to play as and has a unique take as a floaty character who is also tall kinda similar to how Mewtwo is, who I'm also practicing with. I hope to get a lot better playing as her. She really needs her own game. Maybe an RPG that can dig deeper into her lore and explore the galaxies the way she sees it in her perspective? Also, I found some Rosalina artwork that you might not have seen before that I plan to post on the artwork thread. I also have a desire to practice drawing myself, and I want to make artwork of my mains including Rosalina. Anyway, those are my brief thoughts on Rosalina in a nutshell. Expect to see me here more often.:chuckle:
:rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina:
So we're talking about Mario Kart now? I need to get MK7 and 8 ASAP because I'm missing out on so much. That's like 2 games with Rosalina that I don't own yet. Being the completionist I am though, I think I'll have fun unlocking those gold upgrades. That's enough of me rambling for this post. Time for more Rosalina! Let's get giddy!
Welcome! I hope we see you often , and i'm sure we are all glad to have you here.

And yes , you should get 7 and 8. Especially 8 , since it's a really good game and the DLC pretty much makes it really addicting. Rosalina is always one of the best drivers to choose , so that's a plus for you!

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Welcome! I hope we see you often , and i'm sure we are all glad to have you here.

And yes , you should get 7 and 8. Especially 8 , since it's a really good game and the DLC pretty much makes it really addicting. Rosalina is always one of the best drivers to choose , so that's a plus for you!
Thanks. I'm hoping to get those soon. I want a good feel for the new (to me) customs for the karts. I've never actually mained a heavyweight in Mario Kart before, but I have a feeling that Rosalina would be a good fit for me. It's been way too long since the last time I played Mario Kart Wii to remember how Rosalina handles.
D'aww that's so cute!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Make yourself right at home...and it looks like I found another fellow Rosie and Mega Man main in a place like this. :)
:rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman:
I agree that she should get her own game. If that were to happen, hope it won't be anything like a bull**** of a game that is Super Princess Peach.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
At least they actually make the Gold parts in MK8 usable and good compared to MK7. The only real use you'll get out of the Gold Tires is with specific combinations unfortunately. I say unfortunately because these combos are really lacking in competitive play and only meant for Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach (only two out of the whole roster).

This is currently best for competitive play (and it's actually fantastic):

You get a good amount of speed with this + the unbelievably tiny character frame (it really is tiny) = great combo.
The handling is atrocious / terrible on some tracks though.
Wow, nice combination! When it comes to combination of karts, I only care about speed and handling.
Mario Kart 7's Gold Standard was okay, but the Gold Tires were very awful in that game. At least Mario Kart 8's Gold Tires are much more balanced.

Sadly, the Monster tires did take a heavy blow, and based on stat totals alone, are literally the worst tires in Mario Kart 8 (tied alongside the Hot Monster).
The Golf tire's handling was much horrible than the slick tire.
Welcome! Glad to see another Rosalina gan to join the party! Even though I'm a Mario main, but Rosalina was a Mario character that I always hope to be in Smash Bros.
Hey, isn't that a thing you often see in Japan? I know what that thing is but I just can't remember what is it called...

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Make yourself right at home...and it looks like I found another fellow Rosie and Mega Man main in a place like this. :)
:rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman:
I agree that she should get her own game. If that were to happen, hope it won't be anything like a bull**** of a game that is Super Princess Peach.
So trashy , In my opinion SPP was great and is severely underated ; But at least it's even better than the abomination known as New Super Mario Bros and it's Call of Duty - like sequels.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So trashy , In my opinion SPP was great and is severely underated ; But at least it's even better than the abomination known as New Super Mario Bros and it's Call of Duty - like sequels.
The New Super Mario Bros. games were a big "meh" to me though the Wii U one was perhaps the best one out there; and that's because SPP really is trash, in my opinion. Don't take it too personally, doll.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The New Super Mario Bros. games were a big "meh" to me though the Wii U one was perhaps the best one out there; and that's because SPP really is trash, in my opinion. Don't take it too personally, doll.
I might enjoy the NSMBU, but for now, I'm still playing NSB2 ...and I think it's awesome.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
New Super Mario Bros. 2 was okay but didn't like the fact that I had to waste time collecting a million coins...
I had enjoy the fun of collecting the coins, and get over 200+ lives, it's impossible for you to gameover in NSMB2

And check out this Rosalina montage video

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did have one thought, where Rosalina had to help a young prince reclaim his home, after it was taken over by an evil lord. Captain Toad had his own main antagonist, which was Wingo, so maybe Rosalina would have her own unique antagonist to defeat.

The Golf tire's handling was much horrible than the slick tire.
In Mario Kart 7, the Slick and Gold Tires are tied for having the worst handling AND worst off-road, but their hidden stats are different at spots; Slicks have better air handling, while Gold Tires have better sea handling.

At least you can hack New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and compose your own courses with the Reggie Level Editor software.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
It's matter of taking it personally ; Is that objectively speaking , is not a bad game. Is a Mario platformer with Peach instead of Mario on the lead , and that's pretty much it.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom