• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I love the storybook remix. It sure is nice to have Rosalina portrayed the right way again. (Mario Golf also did good though.)
She hasn't ever been portrayed incorrectly, except for maybe MK7, but the voice acting/direction was really the problem there.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think I'm going to make the observatory in Stage Builder and have that beautiful Comet Observatory/Storybook remix play on it.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I am in love with the Comet Observatory / Luma's Theme remix.

It better be part of the soundtrack offer or I'll flip.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I am in love with the Comet Observatory / Luma's Theme remix.

It better be part of the soundtrack offer or I'll flip.
Unfortunately, it isn't. The songs for that were revealed in the Smash Wii U Direct, and it wasn't among them.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So there's only like 12 songs on each CD?

That's really unfortunate.
No, there's 36 on each.

Also I just went back to check - they only revealed 30 songs on each CD, so the Blue CD MAY have the Comet Observatory theme after all. I'm not gonna get my hopes up too high since it's an unlockable track, but it would be great if it's there.

EDIT: This weeks Conquest is Rosalina VS Olimar!

CHIKOS, SQUAD UP!!!

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
No, there's 36 on each.

Also I just went back to check - they only revealed 30 songs on each CD, so the Blue CD MAY have the Comet Observatory theme after all. I'm not gonna get my hopes up too high since it's an unlockable track, but it would be great if it's there.

EDIT: This weeks Conquest is Rosalina VS Olimar!

CHIKOS, SQUAD UP!!!
Actually they didn't reveals the same number of songs for each cd. They revealed 30 for the 3ds, but only 20 for the Wii u version.

That song really was beautiful also.

Lastly, better get started then!...Even though Olimars are rare. >.>

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Actually they didn't reveals the same number of songs for each cd. They revealed 30 for the 3ds, but only 20 for the Wii u version.

That song really was beautiful also.

Lastly, better get started then!...Even though Olimars are rare. >.>
No, they revealed 30 for both. It shows three slides of 10 songs for each version in the direct. Here's the Wii U ones (second two images have the last song obscured in each, but they are Stage Select from Pikmin 2, and the Smash 4 Results Display Screen Theme):

-----

Here's a 15 minute version of Rosalina & Luma's theme, without annoying hammers:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I can't read a word of Japanese but it seems like we officially have our first look at the Rosalina Amiibo. Twitter link.

Hmm...Don't know what to think yet. I'm glad they didn't use a weirdly colored stand for Luma first off. Though it's not the prettiest stand for him.

I need a good look at her face, but everything else is fine. Actually, these look way better then the previous waves. Especially that Shulk!

So thats 3 mains getting at least decent amiibos so 2 more to go.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Rosalina amiibo:

Releases on the 22nd of January in Japan. Looks real nice, I reckon. I hope mass production doesn't hit this one too hard. At least the bar that holds up Luma is clear.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Rosalina amiibo:

Releases on the 22nd of January in Japan. Looks real nice, I reckon. I hope mass production doesn't hit this one too hard. At least the bar that holds up Luma is clear.
Mass production probably will hit hard, and it will be incredibly disappointing. :/

Rosalina amiibo:

Heeey not bad for an Amiibo!

Unlike Shulk... :|

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
If aerial Smash attacks aren't even just a little OP, I don't know what is. In all seriousness though, I still think Rosalina is a tiny bit OP (though it may just be my lack of skill).

I picked up the character though because the truth is that as of yet, I have no way to deal with Rosaluma other than fighting fire with fire.

Anyway, that amiibo looks really nice. But like Raccoon said, mass production will probably hit it :(. Personally, I plan on getting Luigi, maybe Sheik, and maybe R.O.B. King Dedede looks nice as well, though. I have a friend who mains Rosaluma who will likely get the amiibo, so hopefully mass production won't be too bad for it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mass production probably will hit hard, and it will be incredibly disappointing. :/
I'm pretty sure that is the mass production one. I would expect quite a bit more from the prototype. It has a lot of evidence of being the mass production one - the wand is a pole and is not hollow at the star, Luma has an obnoxiously thick stand, and there is that gap between her chest and her belly looking like two disjointed pieces rather than seamlessly combined.

Other than those few things, she looks great, one of the best in fact, Her face is pretty much spot on.

Plus, Sonic doesn't look too hot in that set...as do Shulk and Bowser....

Last edited:

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
Apparently there is meant to be a new update that will balance the game further

"http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2lxzo0/in_case_anyone_is_curious_patch_104_was_just/

This patch will adjust the game balance by refining the strengths of some fighters. It also includes various other gameplay fixes. Please see the notices on the next page."
Hopefully no nerfs to Rosalina, she's a well balanced character and the people here and reddit need to stop with the "she's OP" statements. Heck changing the red pawn timer on her would probably be too much.

Hopefully no nerfs to Rosalina, she's a well balanced character and the people here and reddit need to stop with the "she's OP" statements. Heck changing the red pawn timer on her would probably be too much.
Not sure if the source is true. It's up to you to buy it or not

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c..._anyone_is_curious_patch_104_was_just/clz91k0

I wouldn't buy it but every time I say that, I get bit in the ass and turn out to be wrong. idk. I just got this from the competitive discussion. I just wanted to see your opinions on this (It's probably fake but whatever)

Edit: Alright, one of my closer friends in Smashboards are saying that it's probably true. idk again *shrugs*

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
You can have a better look at Rosalina & Luma in the video Nintendo posted.
Just put the video to full screen.

Not sure if the source is true. It's up to you to buy it or not

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c..._anyone_is_curious_patch_104_was_just/clz91k0

I wouldn't buy it but every time I say that, I get bit in the *** and turn out to be wrong. idk. I just got this from the competitive discussion. I just wanted to see your opinions on this (It's probably fake but whatever)
I don't buy it... yet. I kinda expect Rosalina & Luma to be affected by this patch and I do think they will increase the respawn timer on Luma. I thought of this before the patch was announced.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I really hope Rosalina isn't changed too much. Personally, I don't even think Luma's respawn time needs and extension, but if that's all they do to her, I will not mind that much.

It's far too early for patches that re-balance the game. I just want stuff like the glitch Rosalina has against DHD to be patched.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I really hope Rosalina isn't changed too much. Personally, I don't even think Luma's respawn time needs and extension, but if that's all they do to her, I will not mind that much.

It's far too early for patches that re-balance the game. I just want stuff like the glitch Rosalina has against DHD to be patched.
I hope they focus on that too. Glitches are the main problem they have to get rid of, not re-balancing the game. It is too soon for that and I'm wondering if they even fixed the 136 year ban glitch. It's really bothering me that I don't know if they fixed it yet.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I hope they focus on that too. Glitches are the main problem they have to get rid of, not re-balancing the game. It is too soon for that and I'm wondering if they even fixed the 136 year ban glitch. It's really bothering me that I don't know if they fixed it yet.
I actually completely forgot about that. They have not said anything about fixing it, so I hope they focus on doing that.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Here's the complete packaging of Rosalina & Luma. You can also see her name in different languages.

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Wow dude. I think your obsession with Rosalina outdoes my obsession with Toad back then when I supported him

That was a compliment
Well, Rosalina is an epic character. If you've played Super Mario Galaxy 1 you'll know.

Also it feels like Rosalina has a strong bond with her Lumas, and it makes for a good character if you can develop personality like that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh by the way, amiibo figures are not region locked, so you can import it from Japan if they release it there first.
http://nintendoeverything.com/amiibo-figures-not-region-locked/
This is actually really good. A friend of mine from New York who lives near the Nintendo World Store was wanting to get me something there for Christmas, but I told him if he can't find the thing he's looking for, he can get me an Amiibo. So this is cool for me.

Wow dude. I think your obsession with Rosalina outdoes my obsession with Toad back then when I supported him

That was a compliment
TBH, I might actually do this with all of the Amiibos I get. The Rosalina one just gave me the idea.

...Wouldn't it be cool if someone got all of the Amiibos, kept the back packaging, and like, put all of them on a board or something? In the same order as the CSS?

Oh yeah, despite the bull this woman has thrown at me in this game, she's still my favorite female Mario character.

or Female Nintendo character

Oh and you're gonna burn through your wallet so quickly if you do that lol

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
...Wouldn't it be cool if someone got all of the Amiibos, kept the back packaging, and like, put all of them on a board or something? In the same order as the CSS?
...Without having the cardboard pictures rip every time you pull off the plastic? Yeah, good luck with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom