• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Well I was close! Didn't expect to see a 2nd costume/color revealed this week. Here is my recolor for Fire Power White Mage Rosalina!

Edit: People are bringing up that this color/costume looks like the white mage attire from the mario spinoffs. I have to agree now that it has been mentioned Rosalina really does look like a white mage in this outfit!

Last edited:

Gravitational23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gravitational23
Ha what are the odds of that. Talking about Rosalina fire costume next day we get something similar to that.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Her color scheme is like Peach's Fire color scheme in Super Mario 3D World. It almost reminds me of White Mage too.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Coincidentally, one of the Brawl hacks that I worked on a few months back has a palette swap that's highly identical to Rosalina's white palette swap.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Rosalina looks like some kind of white mage to me, minus the hood of course; however, I love the colors they chose for her.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
OH GOD THERE'S ANOTHER ONE OF THESE

#TOADETTESTURNTUP

(Bad language warning, for those who are sensitive to it)

I almost want to make a response video to these from Rosalina's POV.
In case you couldn't tell these aren't supposed to be taken seriously.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In case you couldn't tell these aren't supposed to be taken seriously.
Apparently the creator claimed they are genuine.

They are hilarious regardless though. Partly because the singing syncs up terribly with the music, especially in the Daisy one.

EDIT: I FREAKIN' DID IT!

I BEAT PEEPA'S FOG BOG IN 79 SECONDS, AND GOT IT ON FILM.
Will be uploaded by tomorrow.

Also, I did something else funny while I was recording...I'll probably make GIFs of it.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I feel so stupid... I just found out that Smash was available at the Nintendo World Store. I could have played as Rosalina & Luma and contribute to the Rosalina coverage thread. I don't think it's still there... :(

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I feel so stupid... I just found out that Smash was available at the Nintendo World Store. I could have played as Rosalina & Luma and contribute to the Rosalina coverage thread. I don't think it's still there... :(
The coverage thread is still stickied, but it's in read-only mode now; you can view it, but new posts can no longer be made.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's poor luck, that would have been great if you got to play. I'm sure you would have gotten a lot of info if you managed to play it. Don't fret on it though, less than 100 days until the 3DS version comes out! It'll fly by!

And if it makes you feel any better, I credited you in the description of my updated speed run video, since I couldn't have done it without your great help!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I know, I just find them hilarious (and the sincerity of them makes them all the funnier).

Also, I did a thing - if anyone ever tries to tell you Rosalina is just "Blue Peach", here, show them this:

This must be what Gamefaqs call Rosaline! And she has an evil unrelated sister called Peech!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Does anyone think Rosalina should have the Spin Attack as her neutral air attack?

It just makes more sense in so many aspects. Also, doesn't anyone else think that Rosalina's special recovery, Launch Star, should have a hitbox? I think it should since Mario was able to break through crystals with a launch star in SMG & SMG 2.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm fine with no spin attack as all her moves seem far more interesting then a boring spin.

SmashSage

Smash Rookie
Does anyone think Rosalina should have the Spin Attack as her neutral air attack?

It just makes more sense in so many aspects. Also, doesn't anyone else think that Rosalina's special recovery, Launch Star, should have a hitbox? I think it should since Mario was able to break through crystals with a launch star in SMG & SMG 2.
I totally agree, just like Peach or Ness N-Air but with "stardust effects" or something... But, who knows? Everything is subject to changes: In the Direct, her Final Smash didn't ends with the Power Star explosion, they improve it for the Invitational. They can do the same for some moves, as for the Launch Star.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If today's PotD and the recent confirmation of Hoodie Mac are anything to go by, I'm willing to bet that every character will have at least one texture swap and one model swap, besides the usual colour swaps.

With that in mind, I reckon Rosalina will get the Cosmic Spirit as her "texture swap", and her Biker outfit for her "model swap".

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
If today's PotD and the recent confirmation of Hoodie Mac are anything to go by, I'm willing to bet that every character will have at least one texture swap and one model swap, besides the usual colour swaps.

With that in mind, I reckon Rosalina will get the Cosmic Spirit as her "texture swap", and her Biker outfit for her "model swap".
I doubt she'll get her biker outfit. It would look weird having her float around in it. I'm not opposed, but I doubt it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually think it would look cool, since without the racing context of Mario Kart, the biker outfit could be interpreted as something like Samus' Zero Suit, and would go well with Rosalina's kicks.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I REALLY want the Biker Outfit for at least Peach or Rosalina. Most likely Rosalina would get the Cosmic Spirit and Peach would get Nurse Peach/Shadow Queen.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A summer-type outfit could always be considered for Rosalina though. She'd still wear a dress, but it would be sleeveless, and the skirt would be shorter (up to her knees).

The following is just an example of what I'm talking about...

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
A summer-type outfit could always be considered for Rosalina though. She'd still wear a dress, but it would be sleeveless, and the skirt would be shorter (up to her knees).
I could see it work, but considering that Rosalina doesn't have completely modeled legs...

...I don't see it happening. I don't see the biker outfit happening either. So far, the only possible alt would be the Cosmic Spirit (and maybe Rosalina with a ponytail).

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I could see it work, but considering that Rosalina doesn't have completely modeled legs...

...I don't see it happening. I don't see the biker outfit happening either. So far, the only possible alt would be the Cosmic Spirit (and maybe Rosalina with a ponytail).
But the whole point of a model swap costume is that the model would be a different one altogether, like Little Mac's Hoodie alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom