• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Out of curiosity, who do you primarily play as?
I've been trying out a lot of different chars that I've played a lot with. Duck Hunt, Zelda, Ganondorf, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, now Samus. At least none of these has a very "good" matchup vs. Rosalina. I'd say Samus does best but at the same time Rosalina's down special hurts the projectile game.

Also, for those saying that "Rosalina is weak without Luma"... Well that doesn't matter much does it when she's back like after 15 seconds max. Why even make it so that Luma can get ko'd if it gets regenerated so quickly.

And I also agree with the statement that Rosalina would be viable without Luma, but Luma is the icing that makes Rosalina a top threat.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Looks rad.
Stop reminding me how amazing a Rosalina spinoff by Platinum would be. :p

Oh my gosh!! This is awesome!! Rosalina fans REJOICE!!
There's gonna be nearly 50 themes for the 3DS next month! (in Japan). One of them is themed entirely around Rosalina with Super Mario Galaxy music!! I wish Rosalina is in a commercial with an awesome outfit!! >w<

The Rosalina themed one is 200 Yen, which is about 2 dollars. The top screen is static, but Rosalina is spinning around when you slide the screen.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/theme/list/00031/index.html

Here's the website for the faceplates: The first is the index site and the other flashy site with Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/theme/index.html
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/kisekae/#/top
http://nintendoeverything.com/these-3ds-themes-will-be-available-in-japan-nearly-50/
I like it, but I don't like all the random generic crap at the top. :p It'd be cool if Rosalina got one with the bottom screen having her on the hill (child or adult.) with her father's telescope, looking up at the dynamic starry sky on the top screen. :T

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I wonder how much Nintendo pushed Sakurai to make Irrelevina a good character?

OR maybe because she has Luma and that thing looks like a character out of a Kirby game?

Regardless, it's ridiculous and disrespectful that he would put more time and effort into a non-factor character like Irrelevina over the original QUEEN Zelda.

I'm not here for Sakurai and his obvious bias against the Zelda series.

But she is relevant. Where have you been since 2007?

But she is relevant. Where have you been since 2007?
He's a troll. One that's been banned

Rosalina's been relevant since the myriad amount of rule 34 kicked in she appeared in Mario Kart Wii and other spin offs then to put the seal of relevance, she was in Super Mario 3D World.... Then Smash Bros 4

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Rosalina's been relevant since the myriad amount of rule 34 kicked in.
I see... I guess this applies to Wii Fit Trainer. Either way, Rosalina's been a relevant character because she appeared in the main Mario series. Without her being in Super Mario Galaxy, she might not have been relevant today.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina has been in most of the majorly marketed and successful Mario games of what's nearly the last decade, was arguably the main character of one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time and was recognised as the most developed Mario character by far, by virtue of her debut game alone, was the poster girl for Mario Kart 8 (she was marketed way more than Peach, even, for this game) and went on to become the most used character in that game's online by far, was chosen as the unlockable character in 3D World by virtue of being "well known" and beloved, and also turned out to be the most useful character in the game, was coveted DLC for Mario Golf: World Tour and was the most anticipated character of that game's DLC by far, and has been one of the most marketed characters and one of the most talked about characters since her Smash announcement, having way more PotD's dedicated to her than most other characters, featuring in the AKB48 (sp?) trailer, and having a ton of down time in Nintendo Treehouse previews, especially at San Diego Comic-Con. She's also the most important character in the Mario universe in terms of her actual role within the universe (literally nothing else would exist without her doing her job).

She is super relevant.

-------

I found this comic very cute:

EDIT: Also I made this because I was bored

EDIT2: Rosalina in Smash Run

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I wonder how much Nintendo pushed Sakurai to make Irrelevina a good character?

OR maybe because she has Luma and that thing looks like a character out of a Kirby game?

Regardless, it's ridiculous and disrespectful that he would put more time and effort into a non-factor character like Irrelevina over the original QUEEN Zelda.

I'm not here for Sakurai and his obvious bias against the Zelda series.

He's just jealous that Rosalina's awesome
He's a troll. One that's been banned

Rosalina's been relevant since the myriad amount of rule 34 kicked in she appeared in Mario Kart Wii and other spin offs then to put the seal of relevance, she was in Super Mario 3D World.... Then Smash Bros 4
I see... I guess this applies to Wii Fit Trainer. Either way, Rosalina's been a relevant character because she appeared in the main Mario series. Without her being in Super Mario Galaxy, she might not have been relevant today.
Come on guys, I guess this user is just dissatisfy about no new Zelda characters, but he really should blame Rosalina for this.
I agreed with you but also also disagree with you, this game has one of the most Super Mario reps, and the first Smash Bros game that had no new Zelda characters, but unlike you I won't say Oh, why did they add Rosalina in this game? She is a princess or something like that, I think the most irrelevant characters has to be Bowser Jr. , and Duck Hunt Dog. Yes even though I eventually give in to the leak, I still hate these characters.
First, Bowser Jr. why they add Bowser Jr. in Smash Bros? Just because he wasn't in MK8 nor SM3DW? No they even add Koopaling as his alt costume, everyone are already crticize of them dominating the MK8 roster.
Duck Hunt Dog,of course Sakurai will always add an unexpect old Nintendo rep character in the game, but no one would have thought he will cut Ice Climbers, and we all later know that they got cut was indeed due to the problem on the 3DS, but I can't accept the replace for these two cute fighters are a dog and a duck.
I won't explain to you how awesome Rosalina is now cuz you have already seen it, but don't you think that Rosalina is gorgeous? She seems to be the female mascot of Nintendo now. And she is a rare game female character that is both strong, powerful but also elegant, and not too sexualized, and a character that we all respect since she is a mother. What kind of better game female character you can find except Rosalina?
Here is another picture of Rosalina by the bourgy man from deviantart, but this time with Elsa from Frozen, I don't know why does everyone compare two of them but yeah, they both have powers, wear blue dresses, and both even had a tragic childhood, well, sort of.
Frozen is sure a great film I say.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not that fond of Frozen but regardless of that, I really don't think Rosalina and Elsa are comparable. A little in the design, sure, but definitely not in personality or backstory.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Come on guys, I guess this user is just dissatisfy about no new Zelda characters, but he really should blame Rosalina for this.
I agreed with you but also also disagree with you, this game has one of the most Super Mario reps, and the first Smash Bros game that had no new Zelda characters, but unlike you I won't say Oh, why did they add Rosalina in this game? She is a princess or something like that, I think the most irrelevant characters has to be Bowser Jr. , and Duck Hunt Dog. Yes even though I eventually give in to the leak, I still hate these characters.
First, Bowser Jr. why they add Bowser Jr. in Smash Bros? Just because he wasn't in MK8 nor SM3DW? No they even add Koopaling as his alt costume, everyone are already crticize of them dominating the MK8 roster.
Duck Hunt Dog,of course Sakurai will always add an unexpect old Nintendo rep character in the game, but no one would have thought he will cut Ice Climbers, and we all later know that they got cut was indeed due to the problem on the 3DS, but I can't accept the replace for these two cute fighters are a dog and a duck.
I won't explain to you how awesome Rosalina is now cuz you have already seen it, but don't you think that Rosalina is gorgeous? She seems to be the female mascot of Nintendo now. And she is a rare game female character that is both strong, powerful but also elegant, and not too sexualized, and a character that we all respect since she is a mother. What kind of better game female character you can find except Rosalina?
Here is another picture of Rosalina by the bourgy man from deviantart, but this time with Elsa from Frozen, I don't know why does everyone compare two of them but yeah, they both have powers, wear blue dresses, and both even had a tragic childhood, well, sort of.
Frozen is sure a great film I say.
You forgot Mario had no new reps in Brawl, so he decided to show why he's the boss by bringing Rosaluma and Bowser Jr, while reloning hinself to bring back Doctor Mario. The life lesson is DONT MESS WITH MARIO

Moderator Edit: Fixed the quote.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You forgot Mario had no new reps in Brawl, so he decided to show why he's the boss by bringing Rosaluma and Bowser Jr, while reloning hinself to bring back Doctor Mario. The life lesson is DONT MESS WITH MARIO
I know that, seriously, why he add three Mario characters? I know it is bold of arguing the roster but it is just not we wanted. We all hope Dr.Mario is just an alt right? And Bowser Jr. I don't know why I just feel irritated of him in Smash bros.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I know that, seriously, why he add three Mario characters? I know it is bold of arguing the roster but it is just not we wanted. We all hope Dr.Mario is just an alt right? And Bowser Jr. I don't know why I just feel irritated of him in Smash bros.
As long as Rosalina is in the game, I really don't care about Dr. Mario (would've preferred they brought back Roy instead) and I certainly don't give a bleep about that little brat Bowser Jr. and his dumb Koopalings...sorry, but I really don't like them at all.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm fine with Bowser Jr and Rosalina. I feel like both characters deserved to be in Smash at some point.

Dr. Mario was unnecessary in Melee, and is even more so now.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
As long as Rosalina is in the game, I really don't care about Dr. Mario (would've preferred they brought back Roy instead) and I certainly don't give a bleep about that little brat Bowser Jr. and his dumb Koopalings...sorry, but I really don't like them at all.
I'm fine with Bowser Jr and Rosalina. I feel like both characters deserved to be in Smash at some point.

Dr. Mario was unnecessary in Melee, and is even more so now.
@ Tino Tino Ha! Me too.
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad
So you are fine with two new Mario reps in Smash Bros right? To me not. Don't get me wrong though, Mario series is my most favorite serie EVER, but I don't think there are any Mario characters should be in Smash Bros except Rosalina.

I approve of this

A lot
I know you do.:bee:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Maybe Mario hasnt forgiven Bowser Jr yet, and the roster needs a doctor incase Lumas are hurt. Rosalina on the other hand is probably gonna enjoy being milked by Nintendo like Nickelodeon milks the Ninja Turtles and Spongebob.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Maybe Mario hasnt forgiven Bowser Jr yet, and the roster needs a doctor incase Lumas are hurt. Rosalina on the other hand is probably gonna enjoy being milked by Nintendo like Nickelodeon milks the Ninja Turtles and Spongebob.
Nice explanation, and I love Spongebob..............

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just got a text from college saying that I have no classes on Friday.

Because of the fact I have all weekend now, I'm probably going to use Rosalina way more than I originally planned on the first day. Gonna spend lots of quality time with her. :D

Because of the fact I have all weekend now, I'm probably going to use Rosalina way more than I originally planned on the first day. Gonna spend lots of quality time with her. :D
I got no classes on Monday next week so I'm planning on getting Smash after class on the day itself (Hopefully). 4 day weekend full of Smash

Gonna try tinker around with Shulk, and also Rosalina

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

I got no classes on Monday next week so I'm planning on getting Smash after class on the day itself (Hopefully). 4 day weekend full of Smash

Gonna try tinker around with Shulk, and also Rosalina
I got no classes at all because I graduated high school long time ago and I quit college. I'll be playing Smash with RosaLuma all day, every day.

By the way, no one pointed out that when the new 3DS comes out, using Luma will be so easier with the C-Stick (especially when Rosalina is in hitstun). I bet the tier lists will be shifted even more when we have a C-Stick.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got no classes at all because I graduated high school long time ago and I quit college. I'll be playing Smash with RosaLuma all day, every day.

By the way, no one pointed out that when the new 3DS comes out, using Luma will be so easier with the C-Stick (especially when Rosalina is in hitstun). I bet the tier lists will be shifted even more when we have a C-Stick.
I'm still doing Video Game Development courses which is why I often have my hands full *nervously looks at that yet to be created Rosalina FAQ*.

I'll be able to play Smash 3DS often enough regardless, because I can play it on the bus to and from college (which is an hour to an hour and a half), as well as during free periods. I'm really happy to have launch day off though, I'll play it all day!

also ur message count needs to blaze it ;)

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I'm still doing Video Game Development courses which is why I often have my hands full *nervously looks at that yet to be created Rosalina FAQ*.

I'll be able to play Smash 3DS often enough regardless, because I can play it on the bus to and from college (which is an hour to an hour and a half), as well as during free periods. I'm really happy to have launch day off though, I'll play it all day!
When I was in college, I was gonna major in Game Design, but after 1 semester (Sept - Dec) I ultimately dropped out. I wasn't taking care of my sh*t and I failed 3 out of 4 classes as a result. In some ways, I'm glad I dropped out of college because I realized almost all college students will wind up in debt. In this type of economy in the US, it's nearly impossible to finish college debt-free. Here's a nifty video explaining some stuff. I don't know how it is in Ireland, but I hope you do great and graduate with little to no debt.

An hour? That's not enough time imo. If you're gonna play Smash, you play it TO THE EXTREME!! I'd play it non-stop, starving and dehydrating myself in the process. I'd probably lose weight playing Smash by not eating when I play for long periods of time. Rosalina is gonna be my teams partner in all my COM team battle, and she's also gonna be my sparring partner.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

What? Quit college? So are you looking for a job now maybe?
I'm 17 years old so I am preparing an national exam for getting in to college. Taiwan's educational system is so bold here, every high school students will start panicing about their tests around December. After the exam in next year February's national exam, I will have to use that grade to appy a collge, the better your grades, the more and better college you can apply.Yes, there are some good and bad college in Taiwan. Private colleges are often regarded as bad college.My parents will never wanted me to quit college.
So I might not have much time playing Smash Bros when I got the game, USA's education is so freedom and Taiwan's education just makes you feel like prison, similiar to Japan.

also ur message count needs to blaze it ;)
Game Development course? I might thinking of taking that course when I choosing college. But now my main choice is choosing the foreign language course.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Regardless, I'd rather not ramble on about college, since I don't want to keep it on the mind too much, and for people like Shirma, I'd feel de-railing this thread into talking about it would be extremely alienating as it's something no longer relevant to them and it likely brings up stressful memories.

There's not much I can really say about Rosalina and Smash at this point, though. I'm just anxiously waiting on the game at this point, to try her out. I'm also mighty keen on getting that 3DS Menu theme of her, I'm curious as to what song it will play.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Regardless, I'd rather not ramble on about college, since I don't want to keep it on the mind too much, and for people like Shirma, I'd feel de-railing this thread into talking about it would be extremely alienating as it's something no longer relevant to them and it likely brings up stressful memories.

There's not much I can really say about Rosalina and Smash at this point, though. I'm just anxiously waiting on the game at this point, to try her out. I'm also mighty keen on getting that 3DS Menu theme of her, I'm curious as to what song it will play.
You mean the Sound menu? That basically plays all the sounds, character voices and music in the game, just like in previous Smash Bros. games.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I know, but what I'm talking about is this:

So when will the USA have the theme? And what kind of colorful outfits do you think Rosalina could possibly wear in the commercial? Can you post fanarts here for examples?

Oh alright, but this means I am fully stressed now. In a dillema of game and schoolwork.
I had already tried the game for quite a while now, so when I got the US version I just want to know more of the details, and will definitely not getting the Wii U version when it is launched at the first day, so hope you can bring a lot of information about the Wii U version.
Uh oh, double post again....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom