• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only way we'd ever find out about that sort of stuff is if Nintendo makes it a game.
TBH when it comes to extra details on Rosalina, I'd settle for just a novel at this point. I liked how Square Enix did this with the FFXIII saga.

Also yeah, the Cosmic Toads were lame. They were literally just Toads with star patterns on their heads instead of polka dots.

In other news, I found some amazing 3DS screenshots of Rosalina:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
TBH when it comes to extra details on Rosalina, I'd settle for just a novel at this point. I liked how Square Enix did this with the FFXIII saga.

Also yeah, the Cosmic Toads were lame. They were literally just Toads with star patterns on their heads instead of polka dots.

You can save your screenshot to your SD card, and then upload it here, I got tons of pictures of Rosalina and Mario, I hope I can upload it some time.
The second picture of Rosalina looks a bit creepy.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They aren't his screenshots though.
It is gonna take a lot of risk and effort to post the real pure Smash Bros 3ds screenshot, I'll have to pull out my SD card and put them into PC(I don't own one for now) and then upload to imgur and post it here, WHOO! What work!
I know they aren't his screenshots, @ ChikoLad ChikoLad can post better if he got the game.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It is gonna take a lot of risk and effort to post the real pure Smash Bros 3ds screenshot, I'll have to pull out my SD card and put them into PC(I don't own one for now) and then upload to imgur and post it here, WHOO! What work!
I know they aren't his screenshots, @ ChikoLad ChikoLad can post better if he got the game.
I do have a feeling that the camera restrictions may prove to be problematic for certain stages. Remember how you can't take close-up shots at Castle Siege in Brawl? You had to use Gecko codes to disable the camera restrictions.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I do have a feeling that the camera restrictions may prove to be problematic for certain stages. Remember how you can't take close-up shots at Castle Siege in Brawl? You had to use Gecko codes to disable the camera restrictions.
The Wii quality is not that good though, I really want to see HQ Castle Siege on the Wii U.
The 3ds can't zoom in as close than Brawl, and the screenshots you take are encrypted, you have to a specifc software to unencrypted it.
I still don't know if you can send replays to other players or not.
I'd buy this in an instant, and i'm a guy. Rosalina and Palutena is enough to sell it to me. (and Lucina, Robin, and Zelda.)
Me too, I will love to see this cover in Smash Bros 3D render rather in cartoony style.
Do you hope Sakurai make a new Smash Bros game like this?

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
The Wii quality is not that good though, I really want to see HQ Castle Siege on the Wii U.
The 3ds can't zoom in as close than Brawl, and the screenshots you take are encrypted, you have to a specifc software to unencrypted it.

Me too, I will love to see this cover in Smash Bros 3D render rather in cartoony style.
Do you hope Sakurai make a new Smash Bros game like this?
I don't care what game sakurai makes, it will be amazing judging by the others.
But yeah it would be cool.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't care what game sakurai makes, it will be amazing judging by the others.
But yeah it would be cool.
Hmmm.... Super Bash Sisters sounds.....not that amusing...but we all know it is Smash Bros.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I really like Rosalina's jewelry, it's just so gorgeous yet simplistic. I wish I had jewelry just like her..
It could use some Pink Gold here and there though, like Peach. :troll:

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I really like Rosalina's jewelry, it's just so gorgeous yet simplistic. I wish I had jewelry just like her..
It could use some Pink Gold here and there though, like Peach. :troll:
Another thought, how did Rosalina get her jewelry if she is in outer space?
Peach has a Sapphire as her jewlery because it share the month's birthstone when she debuted.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Are these from Classic mode cause these are freaking awesome.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Last I've checked, whenever you take photos with the 3DS, they're saved as JPEG images. Anyway, I am a bit concerned that Miiverse's Smash Bros. community won't allow screenshot postings, especially considering that you can't post screenshots in the Pokemon X/Y community.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
After playing like 500 For Glory matches with a lot of different characters I can safely say that Rosalina is among the top contenders in this game. I will be very surprised if she doesn't end up among the top 5 characters.

She has...

- insane priority on so many moves - like insane imo
- hard to grab due to Luma
- hard to approach due to Luma
- strong attacks, it feels like facing Bowser or something and I get to 100% in no time
- the dash attack, seriously there's something odd about it, it just feels different than any other dash attack
- great recovery

I've now reached the point where I kind of feel depressed when facing Rosalina since I know what's waiting me lol. And this is just at the beginning of the meta game as well, where the Luma game is still very undeveloped. I'm scared of how good the best Rosalina players will be.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
After playing like 500 For Glory matches with a lot of different characters I can safely say that Rosalina is among the top contenders in this game. I will be very surprised if she doesn't end up among the top 5 characters.

She has...

- strong attacks, it feels like facing Bowser or something and I get to 100% in no time
- the dash attack, seriously there's something odd about it, it just feels different than any other dash attack
- great recovery

I've now reached the point where I kind of feel depressed when facing Rosalina since I know what's waiting me lol. And this is just at the beginning of the meta game as well, where the Luma game is still very undeveloped. I'm scared of how good the best Rosalina players will be.
Out of curiosity, who do you primarily play as?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Last I've checked, whenever you take photos with the 3DS, they're saved as JPEG images. Anyway, I am a bit concerned that Miiverse's Smash Bros. community won't allow screenshot postings, especially considering that you can't post screenshots in the Pokemon X/Y community.
I know that you can't post pictures to Smash Bros Miiverse community yet. I hope thay can at least let's us post replays to youtube like Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U version.
THE ABSOLUTE DISRESPECT (Secret Boss Spoilers):

Gosh that boss was sooo hard to battle, I guess I have to be good with Rosalina in order to defeat that thing.

She has...

- great recovery

Someone had already analyzed Rosalina's advantage, but nice job.
However Rosalina still had some disadvantages.
-Extremely weak without Luma.
- Too floaty so can be easy to get launched in a short percentage.
- Slow dash attack and down tilt.

Here is the link created by @NashRiskin
http://berathen.com/2014/08/smash-4-rosalina-analysis.php

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think that's exaggerating a bit.

A lot of people I've been watching in streams actually think she would be a viable character even if Luma wasn't present.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

A lot of people I've been watching in streams actually think she would be a viable character even if Luma wasn't present.
Yeah but without Luma, Rosalina will have usless special B and side B, and reduced her Smash attacks.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

And gosh, it is so hard to concetrate on battle and keep track on Luma on four player battles. The distance how Luma should be away from Rosalina is really a big deal.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Gosh that boss was sooo hard to battle, I guess I have to be good with Rosalina in order to defeat that thing.
This is basically where equipment customization could help you get the upper hand.

Someone had already analyzed Rosalina's advantage, but nice job.
However Rosalina still had some disadvantages.
- Too floaty so can be easy to get launched in a short percentage.
- Slow dash attack and down tilt.

Here is the link created by @NashRiskin
http://berathen.com/2014/08/smash-4-rosalina-analysis.php
That article is from the demo footage though, so some things are basically different in the final build.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
With only less than 5 days remaining until the game comes out, the first character I'll be playing as the whole time will definitely be Rosalina. I'm so very anxious to find out from experience exactly how she's being played, not just from watching some gameplay videos of her.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
After I try out Classic Mode and Smash Run at least once, I'll probably start practicing with Rosalina. Obviously, getting her (along with the Luma's) attack damage values will be the main priority. Once that's done, I'll have to pay close attention to the equipment parts that I'll be picking up.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Check this out. Bowser at the end of the first battle got what he deserved for not paying attention to Luma.
I added this video and a couple others in the Rosalina Gameplay Video Thread.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This is basically where equipment customization could help you get the upper hand.

That article is from the demo footage though, so some things are basically different in the final build.
I played with my brother's 3DS and I know nothing of Japanese so I never know how customization works.
I tried Rosalina for a while now, and I think only game features and stages are different than the final build.
With only less than 5 days remaining until the game comes out, the first character I'll be playing as the whole time will definitely be Rosalina. I'm so very anxious to find out from experience exactly how she's being played, not just from watching some gameplay videos of her.
Me too, but since I am not that good using her, I will still watch some videos how the pros use Rosalina.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ZlCfzRAaOB0Qm5SLL4.jpeg
Rosalina is on both the 3DS and Wii U extended poster arts. I think we can all agree that she's the 3rd(or 4th) female face of Nintendo. Yay​

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
View attachment 26334 Rosalina is on both the 3DS and Wii U extended poster arts. I think we can all agree that she's the 3rd(or 4th) female face of Nintendo. Yay​
Cool.
Rosalina on both of the poster does give Smash Bros a new twist, and of course you have to add Pac-man, Sonic, Megaman on the poster. Too bad they aren't on the boxart versions.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
A couple more days and sweet, baby mama will be ours! Oh, and the little star critters too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Cool.
Rosalina on both of the poster does give Smash Bros a new twist, and of course you have to add Pac-man, Sonic, Megaman on the poster. Too bad they aren't on the boxart versions.
I could imagine Sonic between Mario and Pit, Megaman in the air somewhere, and Pacman next to Little Mac. Atleast theres that custom wallpaper thing though.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Oh my gosh!! This is awesome!! Rosalina fans REJOICE!!
There's gonna be nearly 50 themes for the 3DS next month! (in Japan). One of them is themed entirely around Rosalina with Super Mario Galaxy music!! I wish Rosalina is in a commercial with an awesome outfit!! >w<

The Rosalina themed one is 200 Yen, which is about 2 dollars. The top screen is static, but Rosalina is spinning around when you slide the screen.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/theme/list/00031/index.html

Here's the website for the faceplates: The first is the index site and the other flashy site with Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/theme/index.html
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/kisekae/#/top
http://nintendoeverything.com/these-3ds-themes-will-be-available-in-japan-nearly-50/

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh my gosh!! This is awesome!! Rosalina fans REJOICE!!
There's gonna be nearly 50 themes for the 3DS next month! (in Japan). One of them is themed entirely around Rosalina with Super Mario Galaxy music!! I wish Rosalina is in a commercial with an awesome outfit!! >w<

The Rosalina themed one is 200 Yen, which is about 2 dollars. The top screen is static, but Rosalina is spinning around when you slide the screen.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/theme/list/00031/index.html

Here's the website for the faceplates: The first is the index site and the other flashy site with Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/theme/index.html
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/kisekae/#/top
http://nintendoeverything.com/these-3ds-themes-will-be-available-in-japan-nearly-50/
It looks beautiful.
I so want to get Mario theme panel.
Mario looks so stylish in the commercial. What kind of stylish outfits do you think Rosalina is going to have? Post a fanart that you think it suits her here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom