• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't like the sound of that. I don't care what people say, but Boxing is just not a sport for Rosalina to be participating in.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I don't like the sound of that. I don't care what people say, but Boxing is just not a sport for Rosalina to be participating in.
No matter what, there's no character lock in the Wii U version and this event appears in the version. Except if they're stupid enough to lock the women from this sport (as far as I'm concerned, no female can participate in this event in the 3DS version. I'm not calling misogynism, but I do find this kind of suspicious), I'll enjoy punching Bowser and DK in the face with Rosalina.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
But in MKWii, they forgot she's supposed to have a cool, nonchalant edge, and gave her some really silly lines like "OUCH OUCH OUCHIE" and "BLUB BLUB BLUB BLUB BLUB". She literally whines and stuff when she takes damage. Meanwhile, MK8 Rosalina just shrugs it off with a simple "Woah" or "Huh" or something. Mercedes also had a bunch of high pitched voices too, no different to Laura, arguably more frequently, so you can't hate Laura for that alone
Ok , i need to take care of this really quick , since the beggining of the nonsense just started again.

----------------------

Ahem ; Yeah so composed :

1- Do i have to remind you that in Mario Kart Wii the characters literally spend more than 5 second during the process of ''Burning'' and ''Drowing'' ??

In MK8 this ''scenes'' do not exists as Lakitu quickly grabs you as soon as you touch water and lava.

Rosalina made the sounds she needed to make for the time she was actually Drowing in Mario Kart Wii and Burning too in places like Grumble Volcano.

This doesn't exists in MK8 , therefore IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE to go ''Ouch ouch ouch!'' when the process of Burning / Drowing litertally doesn't exists in MK8 , it happens way too fast.

Same with the Falls , they don't exists in that game. Anybody with common sense knows that.

2- Tell me again what ''high pitched'' voices?
And even so , Mercedes never sounded like a chicken dying nor her voice did crack while trying to go ''Woo!''
And neither did Kerri.

3- More frequently?? Where??

4 - Because this sounds are sooooo much better

http://s0.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s0QRuIR4DXRa.mp3

1- ''Foru'' - Literally what is this

2- ''OW FLOW'' - Rosalina has swag while getting hurt confirmed

3 - '' Arourrr'' - Whatever is this?

4 - ''YIAUCCCHHH'' - For what exactly? this a medium damage sound , sounds like a hamster dying.

5 - ''ooooooOOOooo'' - ???? So i get burned and go ''Ooooooooo'' , yeah ok.

6 - ''Whoooaaaa'' - ???? Again what's the meaning of this.

I know you are deaf , no shame in that , but do not defend it. Try defending 3D World's instead , but not MK8's because it was bad , and im not even joking

In fact i'll be fair , MK8 has terrible voice clips for many characters , Rosalina just happenes to be one of the worst.

I only want to play the boxing event with Rosalina, right now. I'm so glad the Wii U version doesn't have character lock... I wanna play soccer and boxing with Rosie so much.
I was just thinking the same thing.

But No with Rosalina , with a character like Cream. I wanna beat Bowser using Cream.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No matter what, there's no character lock in the Wii U version and this event appears in the version. Except if they're stupid enough to lock the women from this sport (as far as I'm concerned, no female can participate in this event in the 3DS version. I'm not calling misogynism, but I do find this kind of suspicious), I'll enjoy punching Bowser and DK in the face with Rosalina.
I guess I'm more afraid of seeing Rosalina get punched in the face, and of course, there's the outfit dilemma as well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Ok , i need to take care of this really quick , since the beggining of the nonsense just started again.

----------------------

Ahem ; Yeah so composed :

1- Do i have to remind you that in Mario Kart Wii the characters literally spend more than 5 second during the process of ''Burning'' and ''Drowing'' ??

In MK8 this ''scenes'' do not exists as Lakitu quickly grabs you as soon as you touch water and lava.

Rosalina made the sounds she needed to make for the time she was actually Drowing in Mario Kart Wii and Burning too in places like Grumble Volcano.

This doesn't exists in MK8 , therefore IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE to go ''Ouch ouch ouch!'' when the process of Burning / Drowing litertally doesn't exists in MK8 , it happens way too fast.

Same with the Falls , they don't exists in that game. Anybody with common sense knows that.

2- Tell me again what ''high pitched'' voices?
And even so , Mercedes never sounded like a chicken dying nor her voice did crack while trying to go ''Woo!''
And neither did Kerri.

3- More frequently?? Where??

4 - Because this sounds are sooooo much better

http://s0.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s0QRuIR4DXRa.mp3

1- ''Foru'' - Literally what is this

2- ''OW FLOW'' - Rosalina has swag while getting hurt confirmed

3 - '' Arourrr'' - Whatever is this?

4 - ''YIAUCCCHHH'' - For what exactly? this a medium damage sound , sounds like a hamster dying.

5 - ''ooooooOOOooo'' - ???? So i get burned and go ''Ooooooooo'' , yeah ok.

6 - ''Whoooaaaa'' - ???? Again what's the meaning of this.

I know you are deaf , no shame in that , but do not defend it. Try defending 3D World's instead , but not MK8's because it was bad , and im not even joking

In fact i'll be fair , MK8 has terrible voice clips for many characters , Rosalina just happenes to be one of the worst.

But No with Rosalina , with a character like Cream. I wanna beat Bowser using Cream.
No offense, but can you please stop antagonizing others over their views with Rosalina's voice acting? We get that you don't like Rosalina's current portrayal, but please don't argue with other users for thinking differently.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Yes i'll stop , i just needed to take care of it before moving on .

Again , as i was saying Rosalina will have the Shorts outfit , along with that the Winter Outfit and the Swimsuit.

Also , now that i think of it , there was restrictions for Sochi Olympics.

You couldn't have Same sex couples in Figure Skating Pairs.

I bet something similar will happen to the Boxing Event , but i could be wrong.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

Oh my, she'd be adorable (I'm sorry I found her too adorable for this world).

I guess I'm more afraid of seeing Rosalina get punched in the face, and of course, there's the outfit dilemma as well.
Oh, don't see the problem of being punched. But it's true I'd like to see how they'll manage this to match her.

Rosalina will have the short palette swap.

I'm betting on it.
I do hope they add a personal touch if they ever do this, like with the swimsuit and the tennis outfit (long-sleeved, dress-like flap and tights). I don't see how they'd customize it tho... tights?
No seriously, I'd prefer another type of outfit, but this is just my opinion.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
the best they can do it's add her brooch and her collar.

Like they did with Peach , something that it's likely to happen since Rosalina is now part of the unofficial Princess Trio considering she was featured alongside Peach and Daisy in some stuff recently.

Also @
sonicbrawler182

I'm so sorry for calling you deaf , that was out of character , and i did take it too far.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
the best they can do it's add her brooch and her collar.

Like they did with Peach , something that it's likely to happen since Rosalina is now part of the unofficial Princess Trio considering she was featured alongside Peach and Daisy in some stuff recently.
I can never really understand why Rosalina had to be paired alongside Peach and Daisy at the Nintendo Badge Arcade. She's not even an actual princess, which makes the ordeal quite suspicious.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i don't think it has to do with the Princess or Not princess stuff ; I would take it as , they are the most relevant human females nowdays , so they put them together.

I mean they even put Rosalina with Mario , Luigi , Peach and Daisy in the promos for Ultra Smash.

Which i personally think it was out of place since 5 characters was too much for that , but anyway.

And they even put Rosalina on the disk alongsie Mario , Luigi , and Peach ; So they are just making room for her.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For a normal Mario character, Rosalina's voice clips in MKWii are perfectly fine for when she takes damage.

But Rosalina isn't a normal Mario character. One of her defining character traits is that she is nonchalant even when taking damage. Sakurai even went out of his way to emphasise this in Smash Bros (hell, she flat out smiles when taking damage and getting stunned sometimes, and otherwise just looks relaxed), and even made a Miiverse post about it, and he's REALLY particular about character representation most of the time. All of Rosalina's bios also state this.

So why is it in Mario Kart Wii, she sounds like a whiny five year old when ever she takes damage, and just over the top in general? "OUCH OUCH OUCH OWIE" and stuff like that just doesn't suit her at all.

Laura sounds more nonchalant like she is minorly surprised by getting hit by a shell, or simply doesn't care. That's why I think she sounds way better than Mercedes did in MK8, and I just like the overall spunky and sassy side of Rosalina she nails so well.

That's all I'm saying about this though. I think you guys are looking for issues that really, really aren't there (and I think you guys also misinterpret many elements of the character, like thinking she is a princess and stuff). Rosalina's portrayals in spin-offs are mostly quite good, sometimes exceptional. It's why she's always like, the most hyped character for spin-offs.

I mean that can already be seen, it's nothing new:

But because of her aforementioned nonchalant nature, it looks like she's using Mac's fist as a pillow. :p

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's still an odd dilemma, since Rosalina is taller than Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Daisy; all four of those characters are medium-sized middleweights, while Rosalina is a "large-sized" middleweight, much like with Waluigi.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't see why Rosalina's size should have anything to do with her use in product placement.

She's a key cast member and she's probably the most genuinely beloved character in the series, outside of maybe Yoshi. That's more than enough reason to put her on stuff.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

i don't think it looks bad , because they are not literally putting them next to each other making the heigh difference look bad ; They arranged them well , and even so Peach would still be taller than Mario and still would look fine imo

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

But because of her aforementioned nonchalant nature, it looks like she's using Mac's fist as a pillow. :p
And this can likely explain why Donkey Kong was used as Punch-Out!!'s bonus opponent, instead of Princess Peach.

Anyway, it's almost like Rosalina is saying "No!" whenever she makes that face.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And this can likely explain why Donkey Kong was used as Punch-Out!!'s bonus opponent, instead of Princess Peach.

Anyway, it's almost like Rosalina is saying "No!" whenever she makes that face.
What she says depends on how she's launched or whatever.

She won't say anything if she isn't launched.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

i don't think it looks bad , because they are not literally putting them next to each other making the heigh difference look bad ; They arranged them well , and even so Peach would still be taller than Mario and still would look fine imo
I do like her artwork but I found her face strange. Her skin seems pink and that not totally opened mouth... I dunno, I find her strange. Could've been better with a closed mouth I think.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's just boxing…
But I will love to see Rosalina playing my favorite sport such as soccer,badminton,baseball, and basketball.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I can never really understand why Rosalina had to be paired alongside Peach and Daisy at the Nintendo Badge Arcade. She's not even an actual princess, which makes the ordeal quite suspicious.
Could be becuase she's a woman
For a normal Mario character, Rosalina's voice clips in MKWii are perfectly fine for when she takes damage.

But Rosalina isn't a normal Mario character. One of her defining character traits is that she is nonchalant even when taking damage. Sakurai even went out of his way to emphasise this in Smash Bros (hell, she flat out smiles when taking damage and getting stunned sometimes, and otherwise just looks relaxed), and even made a Miiverse post about it, and he's REALLY particular about character representation most of the time. All of Rosalina's bios also state this.

So why is it in Mario Kart Wii, she sounds like a whiny five year old when ever she takes damage, and just over the top in general? "OUCH OUCH OUCH OWIE" and stuff like that just doesn't suit her at all.

Laura sounds more nonchalant like she is minorly surprised by getting hit by a shell, or simply doesn't care. That's why I think she sounds way better than Mercedes did in MK8, and I just like the overall spunky and sassy side of Rosalina she nails so well.

That's all I'm saying about this though. I think you guys are looking for issues that really, really aren't there (and I think you guys also misinterpret many elements of the character, like thinking she is a princess and stuff). Rosalina's portrayals in spin-offs are mostly quite good, sometimes exceptional. It's why she's always like, the most hyped character for spin-offs.

RIP Rosalina's precious face...without being hit right in the face.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Maybe this is so dumb of me , but i feel like placing 8 races in 1st place in just one run it's an accomplisment.

Moderator Edit: Fixed up a coding mistake.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Actually I think the fact that there are items at all automatically makes it a party game ; which it has always been.

Playing Mk competitively it's a very funny thing to hear

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why "unfortunately"?
Lack of combo diversity is the main reason. Mario Kart 8's mechanic flaws make it so that you just don't get punished enough for using a poor accelerating vehicle combination, and the acceleration tiers don't make things any better either.

You're basically more prone to seeing vehicle bodies like the Circuit Special and Blue Falcon be abused more often than vehicle bodies like the Biddybuggy and Steel Driver. Likewise, the Slick and Cyber Slick tires' get more attention than even the Slim and Roller tires'. I could continue further, but I've pretty much brought up the main issues.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I do like her artwork but I found her face strange. Her skin seems pink and that not totally opened mouth... I dunno, I find her strange. Could've been better with a closed mouth I think.
You cannot keep a closed mouth while in the middle of an action, simply because you must let oxygen reach muscles for the action.
Mario Kart is Mario Kart.

Water is wet.

Fire Burns.

People around have unpopular opinions.

Melee is overrated.

anything else i'm missing?
Speaking about this

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
You cannot keep a closed mouth while in the middle of an action, simply because you must let oxygen reach muscles for the action.

Speaking about this
This is obvious, but I still find her face strange. And, y'know... Rosalina, like most of the Mario characters, has been speaking without opening the mouth in some games.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Lack of combo diversity is the main reason. Mario Kart 8's mechanic flaws make it so that you just don't get punished enough for using a poor accelerating vehicle combination, and the acceleration tiers don't make things any better either.

You're basically more prone to seeing vehicle bodies like the Circuit Special and Blue Falcon be abused more often than vehicle bodies like the Biddybuggy and Steel Driver. Likewise, the Slick and Cyber Slick tires' get more attention than even the Slim and Roller tires'. I could continue further, but I've pretty much brought up the main issues.
Wombo Combo:MarioKart Edition

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
This is obvious, but I still find her face strange. And, y'know... Rosalina, like most of the Mario characters, has been speaking without opening the mouth in some games.
Know that, but it's still a nice feature to have, while there are some """""""horror""""""""" games even forget to flip pentagrams upside down

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i don't like how characters in the Mario series don't move their mouth when they are actually speaking , they just open it.

And then you have instances like MP10 Where it doesn't even make sense ; For example , Rosalina gets selected and goes ''Thats Better'' and she has her mouth closed , and keeps smiling like nothing.

Doesn't make sense and it doesn't look good , this applies to all the characters btw.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's not exactly easy to make a character's mouth be in-sync with what he/she is saying, especially if the mouth expressions are treated as separate polygons without any actual bones. And then we have Brawl Ganondorf, where his facial expressions are controlled by SHP0 files, instead of CHR0 files.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Here's a video where Rosalina has takes part in story mode. I really do think that you'd have to compete against Rosalina in dream mode, but I don't know how you can unlock, maybe by beating her? Oh, and the Rosalina part starts at 33:31, so basically 33 minutes and 31 seconds later into the video.

As far as we know, sonicbrawler182 translated one line for us, but I think Rosalina makes that line when you accept the request. Plus, I am SO happy they bought back Mii clothes. I've missed those since the Winter Olympic Games on the Wii.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom