• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Releasing the NX system at the end of the year is a rather premature move Nintendo is making if they really are going through with this. Plus I highly doubt this new console would help them with its sales and ****.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
It could be worse.
She could shop at wal-mart.

And besides, nothing wrong with saving a little bit of money when you got all those luma's to feed

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I do apologize for my impudence but my previous post was intended to be a joke. Anyway, I have news, IGN just announced that Nintendo is making a new platform, as well as a Super Mario Galaxy 3! (I think.) I feel honestly upset about this due to the fact that this new console might tip the Wii U out of balance but I know they'll still support the Wii U. I truly hope that this will have graphics inspired by "Unreal Engine 4." Best of all, in my prediction for 2020-2030, they will probably have Nintendo virtual worlds. I have some picture I would like to share with all of you.
You may find more information on this website: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/06/nintendo-to-unveil-nx-concept-before-e3-says-analyst
Not sure about that. I mean, it's possible, but I don't think so. The last person who talked about Mario Galaxy 3 was the president of Nintendo France, and he said he didn't know where they were going with that series, but that a third title isn't impossible. And it's such a vague message.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Miyamoto actually confirmed that they had actively been conceptualising for Galaxy 3 and said that it's pretty much an inevitability at this point, it's just a matter of time and finding the right system for it. It was in the same interview where he confirmed Pikmin 4 is in development.

I honestly expect Galaxy 3 to be on the NX and it will be released in 2017. If they are already conceptualising for it, the timing lines up. Especially since 2017 is the 10th Anniversary of Galaxy 1 (and of :rosalina:
lumaicon.png
!).

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Releasing the NX system at the end of the year is a rather premature move Nintendo is making if they really are going through with this. Plus I highly doubt this new console would help them with its sales and ****.
They said they wouldn't rush it but they are going to release it this year. I look forward to seeing Nx's new features!
Not sure about that. I mean, it's possible, but I don't think so. The last person who talked about Mario Galaxy 3 was the president of Nintendo France, and he said he didn't know where they were going with that series, but that a third title isn't impossible. And it's such a vague message.
I'm not too sure like you, but I have a positive side that knows it will happen. If it does get announced, do you hope Rosalina is playable in this one, or just another major-nonplayable character? I mean it, having Rosalina playable in a "Super Mario Galaxy" game... Literally you can control her and physically display her powers...

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Miyamoto actually confirmed that they had actively been conceptualising for Galaxy 3 and said that it's pretty much an inevitability at this point, it's just a matter of time and finding the right system for it. It was in the same interview where he confirmed Pikmin 4 is in development.

I honestly expect Galaxy 3 to be on the NX and it will be released in 2017. If they are already conceptualising for it, the timing lines up. Especially since 2017 is the 10th Anniversary of Galaxy 1 (and of :rosalina:View attachment 91173!).
Oh? Am I so outdated? I'd like a link, please.

They said they wouldn't rush it but they are going to release it this year. I look forward to seeing Nx's new features!
I'm not too sure like you, but I have a positive side that knows it will happen. If it does get announced, do you hope Rosalina is playable in this one, or just another major-nonplayable character? I mean it, having Rosalina playable in a "Super Mario Galaxy" game... Literally you can control her and physically display her powers...

Mmmh... Can't choose for now, personally. It depends on the game itself for me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh? Am I so outdated? I'd like a link, please.

Mmmh... Can't choose for now, personally. It depends on the game itself for me.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-hardware-technology-gets-better-and-advances

"[A new Mario Galaxy] is always in discussion," Miyamoto told Eurogamer. "But even with Mario 64 there was a lot of feedback about motion sickness with the 3D or maybe us making it too difficult.
"On the other hand, me and [Yoshiaki] Koizumi-san, director of Galaxy, are always looking to challenge Galaxy and do another 3D action title," Miyamoto continued. "However we can't make so many games at once in parallel.

"But as the hardware technology gets better and advances, I think there will be a lot of opportunity for both options."

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It would be quite amusing if Super Mario Galaxy 3 turned out to be called, "Super Mario Galaxy 3: Rosalina's Galaxy Adventure". You'd have to use Rosalina to save the universe from an evil force that's far greater than anything that Bowser could ever accomplish.

Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario have their own games, so I can't see why Rosalina can't have her own.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina is the Mario character that makes most sense to be given her own franchise, even more than the ones that already got one. She's just a deeper character than the others and has always provided a unique atmosphere compared to the others. And her basically being god means they can literally put her in any kind of genre and give her any kind of abilities they choose. And her being immortal and unquantifiably old means she already has the reasoning for being able to show up in any kind of adventure they come up with for her.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To add to this, giving Rosalina her own franchise would potentially give her a series symbol of her own if another Smash Bros. installment is ever planned. I've often found the Super Mario series symbol to be an odd choice for Rosalina when her victory BGM is completely different from the other Super Mario series characters.

I guess the main problem is that even though Rosalina has appeared in at least three mainstream titles, the main focus in all three of her mainstream game appearances was way more on Mario.

Also, her symbol, the Grand Star, pretty much has to compete with the Kirby series symbol, as both of them use a star.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To add to this, giving Rosalina her own franchise would potentially give her a series symbol of her own if another Smash Bros. installment is ever planned. I've often found the Super Mario series symbol to be an odd choice for Rosalina when her victory BGM is completely different from the other Super Mario series characters.

I guess the main problem is that even though Rosalina has appeared in at least three mainstream titles, the main focus in all three of her mainstream game appearances was way more on Mario.
Actually in Galaxy 1, I still feel like the focus is more on her.

Yeah you play as Mario but in terms of the plot, he is completely replaceable, literally proven by the Luigi play through.

EDIT: Guys I found the perfect Facebook page:

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i would like a Mario game with better details and depth for Mario himself and Peach though.

It's so weird that they don't give the most important characters a more detailed perspective during the course of the games , it would be better if they did , so they don't get stale , saving the same character over and over and playing as the same 1 or 2 characters over and over ... it gets boring.

When Galaxy 3 comes out , if it ever does , i'd love to see Rosalina having more interactions with other characters , since she was pretty much limited to interact with Mario and a group of Lumas .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
i would like a Mario game with better details and depth for Mario himself and Peach though.
Peach gets some development and fun lines in the RPGs (I actually really liked her in Super Paper Mario, if she was more like that all of the time, I would probably like her almost as much as Rosalina), but Mario is pretty much a bust. He's supposed to be a blank slate so they can feasibly put him in any role. Even a villain role, which they did in the early days of gaming.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did go back in memory lane earlier today to see my old Miiverse drawings of Rosalina, which I made back in 2014. Here are a couple of them...

My drawing habits have really died off after Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U were released, however, but it's still nice to go back to see your old drawings.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Mine did too , on miiverse.

I got tired of Spam , ''Rosalina sucks'' and drawing in the Wii U pad.

Miiverse is a Hellhole , full of worthless people so i just thought ''why would i waste my time?''

So i quit.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
As long as the NX gets full thurd party support, and has amazing features, I'm sure it will sell well.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I ran into this really stunning Rosalina artwork.

In this artwork she reminds me of a girl I met years ago. Then I had to leave her because distance. Rosalina, in a sense, is very similar to her. Sorry for this post, I had this urge to share this thouhts to someone.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Oh dear...

This is gonna be a thing isn't it?

This is going to be the new thing YouTubers milk...

I watched it and while it's nowhere near as bad as MatPat's, it still gets a lot wrong.

I actually always got the impression that Rosalina had PTSD or something similar, but, only in the storybook. I thought the entire point of the storybook was to show how she had it and how she overcame it, with the secret ending of Galaxy depicting how she can now visit her home in peace since getting over it, or at least to get "that one chance" to mourn for her family every 100 years, that being the one remnant of her past life in her current life.

Besides that he got a lot of things wrong. Hungry Lumas often aren't actually legitimately hungry, they're more like Kirby in that they just love to eat, it's pretty clear from their dialogue, and even by how some of them even resort to selling things to get their goods.

As for the whole "not stopping Bowser despite clearly being capable of that and far more" thing, that's literally just due to the fact Rosalina, as a main character, was a late addition to Galaxy. While it does confuse me WHY she is so blatantly over powered yet rarely decides to use it practically (and they even imply that Bowser knew how powerful she is too), and I do think it would have been smarter for the story to just not make her so blatantly powerful (though I ultimately think it makes Rosalina herself a way cooler character with way more potential so I think they picked the lesser of two evils), they didn't go that route and as such we end up with a "why doesn't Mega Man just teleport TO the Robot Masters?" situation, in that we're just supposed to shrug our shoulders and just accept that they did this to make sure we still have some excuse to have Mario go on an adventure through space, while still having a god character with infinite power or whatever just sit around. And it's moot anyway since, at the end of Galaxy, Rosalina DOES step up to fix everything anyway when she does the universe reset, and before that, ravages Bowser's fleet.

There's more I can pick out but I won't waste my time. Y'all don't care anyway. :V

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's less giving her a bad name and more like this is going to become a recurring thing:

>Popular YouTuber needs a successful video idea
>Makes a "TOTALLY WELL RESEARCHED ON WIKIPEDIA" Rosalina theory revealing her "DEEP DARK SECRET"
>It's completely contradictory to the facts but most people don't think for themselves or haven't experienced much of Rosalina's current portrayals so they eat it up anyway
>Impressionable fans/newcomers spread this information as fact and Rosalina fans who do properly follow and research the character get harassed for not accepting these silly YouTube "theories" as fact

Why is alarming spread of misinformation such a common thing with Rosalina specifically? I'd be willing to wager she's one of the most widely misinterpreted characters in all of fiction at this point. It started when Prima Games called her a princess and it all went downhill from there.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Forget what i said. Looking at sonicbrawler get all startled when Rosalina is labeled as a ''Princess'' is funnier.

These days have been soo funny , first the K-mart comment , then more Rosalina theories and now this.

This is a good sign.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Forget what i said. Looking at sonicbrawler get all startled when Rosalina is labeled as a ''Princess'' is funnier.

These days have been soo funny , first the K-mart comment , then more Rosalina theories and now this.

This is a good sign.
...I don't think you know the definition of the word "startled".

But English isn't your first language so it's whatever.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Hm, is it just me or do I think Rosalina needs to own more landscapes... I mean, these followings are all she has...
And on the subject of calling Rosalina anything, I will not call her a "Princess", or a "Queen", I'll call her between "Mother" and "Lady". Or "Goddess".
I watched it and while it's nowhere near as bad as MatPat's, it still gets a lot wrong.

I actually always got the impression that Rosalina had PTSD or something similar, but, only in the storybook. I thought the entire point of the storybook was to show how she had it and how she overcame it, with the secret ending of Galaxy depicting how she can now visit her home in peace since getting over it, or at least to get "that one chance" to mourn for her family every 100 years, that being the one remnant of her past life in her current life.

Besides that he got a lot of things wrong. Hungry Lumas often aren't actually legitimately hungry, they're more like Kirby in that they just love to eat, it's pretty clear from their dialogue, and even by how some of them even resort to selling things to get their goods.

As for the whole "not stopping Bowser despite clearly being capable of that and far more" thing, that's literally just due to the fact Rosalina, as a main character, was a late addition to Galaxy. While it does confuse me WHY she is so blatantly over powered yet rarely decides to use it practically (and they even imply that Bowser knew how powerful she is too), and I do think it would have been smarter for the story to just not make her so blatantly powerful (though I ultimately think it makes Rosalina herself a way cooler character with way more potential so I think they picked the lesser of two evils), they didn't go that route and as such we end up with a "why doesn't Mega Man just teleport TO the Robot Masters?" situation, in that we're just supposed to shrug our shoulders and just accept that they did this to make sure we still have some excuse to have Mario go on an adventure through space, while still having a god character with infinite power or whatever just sit around. And it's moot anyway since, at the end of Galaxy, Rosalina DOES step up to fix everything anyway when she does the universe reset, and before that, ravages Bowser's fleet.

There's more I can pick out but I won't waste my time. Y'all don't care anyway. :V
Well, I do think Matpat's theory is headcanon but this theory, however, seems to be accurate and Rosalina did go though these syndrome at some point, Nintendo is just too kid-friendly to mention that. I like how you point out the errors because I didn't like the part where he said Rosalina doesn't protect the cosmos from threat but instead relies on Mario. In fact, "not stopping Bowser despite clearly being capable of that and far more" statement was proved wrong in Super Mario 3D World, I know she's an unlockable but she can still defeat Bowser as if the game has reseted to the part where Bowser wasn't defeated. At least the theory didn't prove that Rosalina is an antagonist. With this knowledge, you certainly seem capable of making a theory on Rosalina, yourself.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't want to say anything shady to get anyone upset, so i went with a mild word.

Gomenasai :3
Saying something shady wouldn't get me upset.

I don't care for gossip gorls.

Hm, is it just me or do I think Rosalina needs to own more landscapes... I mean, these followings are all she has...
And on the subject of calling Rosalina anything, I will not call her a "Princess", or a "Queen", I'll call her between "Mother" and "Lady". Or "Goddess".
Well, I do think Matpat's theory is headcanon but this theory, however, seems to be accurate and Rosalina did go though these syndrome at some point, Nintendo is just too kid-friendly to mention that. I like how you point out the errors because I didn't like the part where he said Rosalina doesn't protect the cosmos from threat but instead relies on Mario. In fact, "not stopping Bowser despite clearly being capable of that and far more" statement was proved wrong in Super Mario 3D World, I know she's an unlockable but she can still defeat Bowser as if the game has reseted to the part where Bowser wasn't defeated. At least the theory didn't prove that Rosalina is an antagonist. With this knowledge. you certainly seem capable of making a theory on Rosalina, yourself.
I have actually considered the idea of making a "Rosalina's Channel" on YouTube and making Rosalina related videos on It including theories/fact check videos, but I'm not sure I'd be capable of pulling off something like that.

I have a few theories regarding Rosalina and headcanons and the like but nothing big.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Oh dear...

This is gonna be a thing isn't it?

This is going to be the new thing YouTubers milk...

Whoa, frankly say, thus video didn't bother me that much. (Except that creepy Rosa pic in the video…), he eventually debunk his own theory in the end anyway, so it ends well imo. And yes, his points do have flaws.
I have actually considered the idea of making a "Rosalina's Channel" on YouTube and making Rosalina related videos on It including theories/fact check videos, but I'm not sure I'd be capable of pulling off something like that.

I have a few theories regarding Rosalina and headcanons and the like but nothing big.
I high encourage you to do that. But try to make the channel positive and not taking GT's videos all flaws and junks.
And being a Youtuber will meet criticism and troll comments. Just try to make your video not only persuasive, but also entertaining.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
That video was good. Analysing both sides in a VERY biased way is a good way to arrive at a firm point. I always thought Rosalina suffered from the trauma of her lost mother and became lonely and quite devoid of emotions but the Luma help her to recover this emptyness in her life. It's a well done character development.

The only part of the video that made me lol was the Hungry Luma one. They're just hungry, not starving to death, they would not literally explode after all those Star Bits if they were so underfed lmao

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The only part of the video that made me lol was the Hungry Luma one. They're just hungry, not starving to death, they would not literally explode after all those Star Bits if they were so underfed lmao
The only bad part of the video is that creepy Rosalina, gosh, looking that pic again right now is totally going to give me nightmares.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
The only bad part of the video is that creepy Rosalina, gosh, looking that pic again right now is totally going to give me nightmares.
Oh, also that. I probably removed that part to not cause me a trauma lol

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Make sure you keep it family friendly too if you know what's good for ya. :denzel:
...Well, considering certain popular content on my channel, I might have to push the envelope a little bit. :V

EDIT:

Geeeeeeez, such perfection!

Last edited:

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
...Well, considering certain popular content on my channel, I might have to push the envelope a little bit. :V

EDIT:

Geeeeeeez, such perfection!

I feel like this gif embodies "Rosie's fanbase vs her hatebase" perfectly. No matter how much they may try and take her down she'll always be one magnificent step ahead, laughing at their attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom