• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
janking people with uair/utilt isn't something rosalina can always just do. It's notable but it's also not a palutena dthrow -> uair or ness bthrow. from my experience rosa is one of the easiest characters to survive against, though it's not like lucario has to be at all that high% to kill rosa at 60%. If rosalina is seriously living to 200% then that's a problem because by 160% most nairs intercepting her garbage recovery should kill her.

Also you should never separate from luma as rosa against lucario. It's the easiest way to get rocked since lucario can get through solo rosa zoning fairly easily. on top of that if he really wants lucario can charge an AS on top of luma and completely trap him until rosa forces him to stop, It's actually fairly nifty because it's pretty easy to make luma run into it. The easiest way for rosa to win the matchup is to dumb down her playstyle to barebones basics. Her base options with luma on her are so superior that lucario has very few opportunities around them, trying to get fancy might work better against characters with good neutral games, but against lucario it just gives him opportunities. It's sad and hilarious how well rosa can do by simply dash attacking the moment lucario presses a button at neutral, and dash attack cancel grab if he's in shield. Even if you mess up and do it into his shield, it's fast enough (and lucario sideB is slow enough) that you usually don't have to worry about dying. Rosa's nair, though it's nerfed, is still nearly as good in the air, beating out literally everything and being safe as well. From lucario's perspective, Rosalina's like a tougher sheik matchup, luc automatically loses the neutral game completely, but rosa can kill better in exchange for a much worse recovery and being even lighter.
I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree, as I don't really feel like making write-ups right now. Not that your points are completely invalid, but they aren't perfectly accounting for everything either.

Steam

Smash Hero
I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree, as I don't really feel like making write-ups right now. Not that your points are completely invalid, but they aren't perfectly accounting for everything either.
I could say the same about you with lucario but that's how theorycrafting goes.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I could say the same about you with lucario but that's how theorycrafting goes.
I understand how Lucario plays in general, though Rosalina is a character that isn't nearly as well defined, especially as of late. That's why it's hard for me to discuss MUs for her. People won't believe things on the basis "Dabuz doesn't do it" or whatever.

------------

Some little girl made a bunch of crochet Smash Bros plushies and brought them to Nintendo of America. It's adorable.

http://imgur.com/a/T3eZv

And here's the Rosalina one:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Best way to deal with Din's Fire is actually to just jump over it, I find. This way, you can easily approach while dodging the move.

Sorry for the double post, but there was something I wanted to post here that people might like.

You know how I've been saying that the White Luma from Galaxy 1 is the same White Luma from Galaxy 2, and that he got lost and lost his memory, and his existence proves that Lumas weren't killing themselves or turning into planets or galaxies in Galaxy 1's ending?

The first picture is obviously referring to events of Galaxy 1. It's really that simple, and I can't believe I forgot about this (and everyone else seems to have missed it).

I love these little details about these games.

----

Also bonus:

>tfw the bae stops appearing in games for a while and there are stupid people with hateful misconceptions about her, but she starts appearing in everything and being the best thing in everything
I just love the fact in Galaxy 2 she seems way more powerful than in the one. Y'know, creating a gigantic hologram of herself, turning the Observatory into a starship just by a move, and... the Cosmic Spirit ?
I mean, even if she doesn't appear a lot in this game, she appears more powerful.

And I love that so much xD

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just love the fact in Galaxy 2 she seems way more powerful than in the one. Y'know, creating a gigantic hologram of herself, turning the Observatory into a starship just by a move, and... the Cosmic Spirit ?
I mean, even if she doesn't appear a lot in this game, she appears more powerful.

She does amazing things in a lot of games, even in Mario Golf.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
She does amazing things in a lot of games, even in Mario Golf.
Teleportation from Earth to space (or further) and a PK Starstorm, it's true that even in Mario Golf her powers are incredible.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Uh... what were the point you disagree?

Love it :)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Just the raw video I think? I won't be able to watch it live.

And @ mario123007 mario123007 the idea is that it will be pm to me.

My plan is this.

The Smash direct starts at about 2am, I will be in Bed and I can't watch videos on the web while at home anyway.
On Monday at School, I have no study periods to watch the video.
I will however have the opportunity to download it during either my 'Workshop' class or Software Design class. I hop on Smashboards (but I will avoid the main page), I go to my PMs and copy and paste the link Sonicbrawler sent to me to keepvid. I download it during one of these classes and I don't get in trouble for watching a video.
I wait until I get home and watch the videos. I enjoy myself.

The E3 Digital Event is going to be a bit more difficult.

On Wednesday, I have Tafe. I have easy opportunity to download it, but avoiding spoilers will be much harder. My tafe coarse is Gaming & App development, and while I think I'm the only one who owns a Wii U there, that might not stop them from them bringing up Nintendo. Other than that its the same plan. Although depending on how long the video is, I might be able to watch it before class starts. When you send my the E3 video Sonicbrawler, could you tell me how long it is when you pm me?

Also, Thanks for doing this, I really appreciate it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

My plan is this.

The Smash direct starts at about 2am, I will be in Bed and I can't watch videos on the web while at home anyway.
I will however have the opportunity to download it during either my 'Workshop' class or Software Design class. I hop on Smashboards (but I will avoid the main page), I go to my PMs and copy and paste the link Sonicbrawler sent to me to keepvid. I download it during one of these classes and I don't get in trouble for watching a video.

On Wednesday, I have Tafe. I have easy opportunity to download it, but avoiding spoilers will be much harder. My tafe coarse is Gaming & App development, and while I think I'm the only one who owns a Wii U there, that might not stop them from them bringing up Nintendo. Other than that its the same plan. Although depending on how long the video is, I might be able to watch it before class starts. When you send my the E3 video Sonicbrawler, could you tell me how long it is when you pm me?

No problem, though you may want to stay off the internet until tomorrow. Contents of tomorrow's patch were leaked.

------------------

So this happened somewhere:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

My plan is this.

So.. should I do anything?
No problem, though you may want to stay off the internet until tomorrow. Contents of tomorrow's patch were leaked.

------------------

So this happened somewhere:

I wonder who draw that...
And I feel sooooo down today, during my work break I go to game store and found a Rosalina amiibo! But She's 550 NT$, while I only have 450NT$, so I need to give up on her for a moment... :(
And Dark Pit was 700NT$

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So i made this little video . Texture hacking Daisy Circuit is really fun as the track has a lot to offer, It's simple but has a really good layout and envoirment. It's not finished however , there have been updates after i made the video. I also modified the size and colors of the Sprinter so Rosalina can use it without problems. Rosalina's Dress is also Shorter , it can be seen at the end when she is waving her hand.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just realised that Rosalina is one of the only newcomers not to be included in any of the big leaks.

She's a part of the Holy Trinity.

holytrinity.jpg

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What do people think of Ryu and Roy in relation to Rosalina (gameplay is out)?

Don't see them being a particular problem right now. Marth and Lucina are no problem so Roy won't be (he seems a bit more agile, but his attacks are only strong at the hilt). Ryu just seems like Luma will get in his way a lot and like he will be easy to combo for us, just like Captain Falcon. He isn't as fast as Falcon either, so for those of you who struggle with that (I don't), that won't even be a problem.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Don't see them being a particular problem right now. Marth and Lucina are no problem so Roy won't be (he seems a bit more agile, but his attacks are only strong at the hilt). Ryu just seems like Luma will get in his way a lot and like he will be easy to combo for us, just like Captain Falcon. He isn't as fast as Falcon either, so for those of you who struggle with that (I don't), that won't even be a problem.
And seems to have a poor recovery too, better than Little Mac but still poor.
And why did Wii Fit trainer sound different ?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Meanwhile in Swiftie's Circuit ...

Rosalina statue coming soon but this one happened by accident , and it's hilarious. My mii is a Lucky cat , btw

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

We'll have to wait for at least a full month after their official release, before any actual match-up discussions can finally take place for those two.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We'll have to wait for at least a full month after their official release, before any actual match-up discussions can finally take place for those two.
I know that's the case on official discussions, but there is no harm in people giving quick impressions on what they see so far.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Kind of sad that the characters are now being spoiled, we'll see what will Nintendo do.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I know that's the case on official discussions, but there is no harm in people giving quick impressions on what they see so far.
If Ryu does decent damage and can rush down Rosalina, she could have some trouble. Plus, if Ryu has a multitude of moves that can knock Luma off stage, than Rosalina could have a hard time. However, based on what I saw, it doesn't seem to be the case. Some of his attacks seem to have a chunk of end lag (not a ton, but some). I think Rosalina is able to gimp his recovery though.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
No character is really capable of consistently rushing down a competent enough Rosalina, so it's kind of a moot point.

--------

oh no she's HOT

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The leak going around doesn't bother me too much since its mostly just showing off stuff we already knew about (aside from Mii Costumes and some music).

I'm sure there's going to be stuff in the direct not featured in update, they've gotta give us something to look forward to.

Although its still a shame about the leak.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's no surprise to me considering they were "leaked" by looking through some files or whatever after the Mewtwo patch. Of course, it's sad those damn leakers had to ruin the surprise for everyone else that didn't know anything about it.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
It's no surprise to me considering they were "leaked" by looking through some files or whatever after the Mewtwo patch. Of course, it's sad those damn leakers had to ruin the surprise for everyone else that didn't know anything about it.
That's not totally leakers' fault. I mean, every website news screamed "ROY & RYU FOR SMASH BROS. WII U [RUMOR]" (and that's how I knew they were included).

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Now don't take my word on this entirely but I think the leaker, RandomTalkingBush, was initially holding off on posting the leaks. His gut feeling was not to share it, but he did it anyways since word got out among a few friends. I assume that once those people he told went about sharing it, that was the point of no return for him about keeping the leak a secret.

He also tweeted out saying that Nintendo was gonna cut off his balls or something about leaking this.
EDIT: Wait, here it is.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Now don't take my word on this entirely but I think the leaker, RandomTalkingBush, was initially holding off on posting the leaks. His gut feeling was not to share it, but he did it anyways since word got out among a few friends. I assume that once those people he told went about sharing it, that was the point of no return for him about keeping the leak a secret.

He also tweeted out saying that Nintendo was gonna cut off his balls or something about leaking this.
EDIT: Wait, here it is.
I'd be surprise if Nintendo actually did go after him and rip his head off.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
I'd be surprise if Nintendo actually did go after him and rip his head off.
Let him be IMO. He actually DO consider not leaking the thing.

And also, I feel that's the whole fault is in Nintendo's hands. Like, HTF do you even 'accidentically' release the patch? Somebody clicked on the wrong button?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Let him be IMO. He actually DO consider not leaking the thing.

And also, I feel that's the whole fault is in Nintendo's hands. Like, HTF do you even 'accidentically' release the patch? Somebody clicked on the wrong button?
That isn't what happened. It's standard procedure for developers to upload a patch the day before release. However, Nintendo's update server is actually just a publicly accessible URL, apparently. Once you know the URL, you have free reign to explore their update server. So someone got on and downloaded the update files from the server. They didn't come with an installation executable, but the files could still be data-mined.

As for how they got the new characters and stages playing (with the characters having Mario's percentage icon), I don't know for sure, but I would suspect they used a RAM editor, to tell the game what to load instead of Mario's files.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Not too sure, but this is what I get from news:
'Late last night, the latest patch for Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS was accidentally released early in Japan.'

Could you link me to the new... uh, news? That's, well, news to me.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I'm glad about the Inkling Trophy.

In fact , i'm glad about the Splatoon Hype and i'd have a tiny hope for the Inkling girl to be playable in Mario Kart.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
It's over!!! The leak has spoiled everything!!!
And "sigh" Rosalina has become sandbag once again...
That was for one or two hits, so it's good, but I'm pretty sad she isn't on Ryu's artbox. I saw stars, but not Rosie during the presentation.
But I saw Palutena, and that is good news for me xD

EDIT: Ok, Palutena and Rosalina are in, I love that artbox so much xD

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Because I'm the most awkward person ever existed :4pacman:.
Awkward, indeed.
I'm glad about the Inkling Trophy.

In fact , i'm glad about the Splatoon Hype and i'd have a tiny hope for the Inkling girl to be playable in Mario Kart.
Pretty excited about the extra stuff they added to Smash Bros.
It's over!!! The leak has spoiled everything!!!
And "sigh" Rosalina has become sandbag once again...
I knew you were gonna say that.
Would you quit over exaggerating about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom