• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838

I'm bad at hands.
Is Rosie technically a princess?

But I kinda liked how it turned out.

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
Rosalina isn't actually a princess, but nice drawing regardless!
Thanks, Most of the time, I'm really bad at coloring on the Miiverse. I often forget little details and wish I could edit them in later.
I forgot to shade this picture. Ha ha.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well then. xD

Also, is that an amiibo carrying case next to it? :o
Yes, but I've heard it has no partitions, so it's really as good as any old bag.

EDIT: MORE AMIIBO CLOSE-UPS:

Also, I am sad to say that the Rosalina Amiibo will not come with it's own universe...

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Yes, but I've heard it has no partitions, so it's really as good as any old bag.

Also, I am sad to say that the Rosalina Amiibo will not come with it's own universe...

MAN! That's so weird looking... She has no feet? It's kinda unsettling to look at...

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

I mean my god. Rosalina's amiibo. It is just perfection. PERFECTION!

It is the best looking amiibo out of them all, and the mario edition ones also look good.

She may not have any feet, but people usually won't be able to see that.

Please oh please do not get me a defective one deliverer. If I do after seeing all this I will cry.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
MAN! That's so weird looking... She has no feet? It's kinda unsettling to look at...
She has feet, they are just hard to see in that photo. Her support is obscuring the view.

Ironically, Rosalina upskirts actually look like that in Mario games. They don't expect you to be able to look there, so all you get is what looks like the upskirt of a doll, as they didn't model or texture anything under there.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
It looks like, out of the entire Europe, only Amazon.fr has a copy of her Amiibo.

It's also the only european store that calls her uses her NOE French name, while Amazon.it, .de and .es adopt the American name.

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
I've always found it odd that her chest looks as though it has a different section than below the chest.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Check it out, Rosalina still floats in Mario Party.
This makes me hopeful that she can appear in sport games with out needing a sports outfit.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

This makes me hopeful that she can appear in sport games with out needing a sports outfit.
Then again for a sports game , it would totally be out of place. It's alright in Mario Party but it would not make sence for her to , le'ts say play football with a dress or Play Baseball with a dress , especially when the rest of the females use special outfits . She would look totally outcast.
She actually ran in SM3DWorld , so she obviously can choose to or not to run.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I honestly want Rosalina in a Mario Strikers game just so she can officially be dressed in battle armour of sorts.

That, and I'd be interested in what Next Level Games would do to her personality.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I honestly want Rosalina in a Mario Strikers game just so she can officially be dressed in battle armour of sorts.

That, and I'd be interested in what Next Level Games would do to her personality.
I don't like the idea of seeing Rosalina exposing her belly though. If Rosalina ever gets involved with baseball or tennis, I'd basically depict her wearing the following...
  1. Rosalina would wear a long-sleeved dress that extends down to her knees. It would look highly identical to her typical gown, with the same details, except for that the shoulders would be covered more. No collar, but her star amulet will still be positioned above the breast area.
  2. Rosalina would wear shorts underneath her sports dress. No underwear exposure whatsoever.
  3. Because Rosalina typically levitates, she'd still wear her silver high heels, instead of the athletic sneakers that Peach and Daisy wear. No socks either.
[collapse=Example]
[/collapse]

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Or maybe they just can create a brand new Costume instead of Copy/Paste Peach costume like they did with Daisy for them to ''match''. Rosalina just needs a more fitting outfit , not one that matches Peach and Daisy. I believe they can spend 20 minutes of their time to come up with ideas for a new costume for her , even without heels , which are super unfitting for sports. Peach , an actual Princess , even takes them off once in a while , so Rosalina should too if she wants to play more active sports.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Or maybe they just can create a brand new Costume instead of Copy/Paste Peach costume like they did with Daisy for them to ''match''. Rosalina just needs a more fitting outfit , not one that matches Peach and Daisy.
Peach and Daisy wear sleeveless tennis outfits and baseball outfits though. For my depiction, Rosalina would still go long-sleeved like she normally does, so in a way, her sports wardrobe would be more like that of Mario Hoops 3-on-3's (and Mario Sports Mix's) White Mage.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On a side note , it makes me cringe a little that Mario Party Legacy Website calls newcomer Rosalina , PRINCESS ROSALINA ... ugh-
I kind of classify Rosalina to be a "Cosmic Queen" on most occasions. Of course, even though she's the ruler of the Comet Observatory, Rosalina still operates like a mother to the Lumas, so there's really no monarchy at Rosalina's home.

The reasoning for my "Cosmic Queen" classification is primarily because of Rosalina's status as the guardian of the cosmos.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't like the idea of seeing Rosalina exposing her belly though. If Rosalina ever gets involved with baseball or tennis, I'd basically depict her wearing the following...
  1. Rosalina would wear a long-sleeved dress that extends down to her knees. It would look highly identical to her typical gown, with the same details, except for that the shoulders would be covered more. No collar, but her star amulet will still be positioned above the breast area.
  2. Rosalina would wear shorts underneath her sports dress. No underwear exposure whatsoever.
  3. Because Rosalina typically levitates, she'd still wear her silver high heels, instead of the athletic sneakers that Peach and Daisy wear. No socks either.
[collapse=Example]
[/collapse]
I don't mind her exposing her belly, but she wouldn't even have to for some kind of cool battle armour that would be fitting in Mario Strikers.

And yeah, Rosalina isn't a princess. I just call her Rosalina. But in terms of her role, she's more or less god in the Mario universe. A god who was once a mortal and normal human, that is.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't mind her exposing her belly, but she wouldn't even have to for some kind of cool battle armour that would be fitting in Mario Strikers.

And yeah, Rosalina isn't a princess. I just call her Rosalina. But in terms of her role, she's more or less god in the Mario universe. A god who was once a mortal and normal human, that is.
That outfit design, I can probably live with. I just don't want Rosalina to be exposing her belly like with Peach's and Daisy's striker outfits.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Rosalina being playable in Mario Party is awesome, although I won't be buying Mario Party 10 just for her. It would take more than the addition of one character for me to get a new Mario Party game without it being truly outstanding in its own right. The same applies to Mario Golf: World Tour, where Rosalina is downloadable playable character but I'm not interested enough in the game to begin with.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not really interested in Mario Golf even though I ADORE how they portrayed Rosalina in that game (well, beyond the voice acting), but I plan to get Mario Party 10 as people in my family will like it, and I haven't touched a Mario Party game in a while (I haven't played 8 and 9, and I know those two get a lot of hate).

I also really like what the Amiibos do in that game, and I love Amiibos. Bowser Party also looks like the best use of the Wii U GamePad since Nintendo Land.

But adding Rosalina as playable was really that extra little push I needed to want to buy it (as well as the bundle with the new Mario Amiibo - because I like bundles that come with free/discounted trinkets).

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

Oh my gosh! I predicted this would happen!!. It seems that when she's "running" along side the others, they'll make her short so that she can float at a reasonable height. Also, where did you get that from? I'd really like a source please.

@ Krazy4Krash Krazy4Krash I just found where you got your avatar / profile icon from! (I think...)
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wallpaper/20150105/
However, I can't download it because it keeps saying that the website is very crowded at the moment.

Also, I know you guys were talking about Rosalina in sports clothes and I thought she would wear a shirt with sleeves going up to her antecubital fossa, pants that extend slightly beyond the knees, and shoes like Peach and Daisy. She could potentially have a ponytail, but I like to leave it out.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Where are people getting these Mario Party 10 images?!?! Also, Rosalina's height + float technically makes her as tall as DK and Waluigi, which is acceptable.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just found that one on Tumblr, don't know where it originally came from. It looks like it was taken from a video though.

Personally I just wish they kept Rosalina's height consistent across all mini-games in this unless they give a context for her changing size. I don't know, it kind of feels degrading to remove one of the signature traits of a character's design for no logical gameplay reason or without context. Even just a simple "ROSALINA, YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE IN MY PARTY UNLESS YOU MAKE YOURSELF A SMALL FRY LIKE THE OTHERS, BECAUSE OTHERWISE YOU WOULD BE 2STRONK" from Bowser would do fine for me (and would remind of of Crash Bash in a way).

I'm just rambling, though.

EDIT: This is really funny when posted randomly and out of context:

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Nintendo, please stop this madness.
Oh that is just so cruel for any Rosalina fan out there.

You know, at one point, before Rosalina's official confirmation, I had a thought of a Rosalina Party mode, where the player who's using the GamePad is Rosalina, and the other players would play as either Bowser Jr., the Koopalings, or any other Bowser minions.

Think of it as a mode where Rosalina tries to deliver cosmic justice towards Bowser's own troops.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually imagined something similar.

I recall Nintendo saying they wanted to eventually support two GamePads for the Wii U. I imagined Mario Party 10 could be the first game for that, through "Bowser & Rosalina Party". Since Rosalina is basically god of the Mario-verse and has been portrayed in a "divine giant" form a few times, I thought it would be appropriate for her to be the second GamePad user. Think of it as "Light and Dark collide".

And then a story mode similar to Crash Bash could play out, with Rosalina leading the good guys and Bowser the bad guys, like with Aku Aku and Uka Uka in Crash Bash.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I actually imagined something similar.

I recall Nintendo saying they wanted to eventually support two GamePads for the Wii U. I imagined Mario Party 10 could be the first game for that, through "Bowser & Rosalina Party". Since Rosalina is basically god of the Mario-verse and has been portrayed in a "divine giant" form a few times, I thought it would be appropriate for her to be the second GamePad user. Think of it as "Light and Dark collide".

And then a story mode similar to Crash Bash could play out, with Rosalina leading the good guys and Bowser the bad guys, like with Aku Aku and Uka Uka in Crash Bash.
I guess I kind of thought something like the following...

Rosalina's Team
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Wario
Waluigi
Toad
Toadette

Bowser's Team
Bowser Jr.
Larry
Morton
Wendy
Iggy
Roy
Lemmy
Ludwig
Boom Boom
Pom Pom

Grand Star spaces are good for Rosalina's team, but bad for Bowser's team, while the Bowser spaces are the complete opposite; good for Bowser's team, but bad for Rosalina's team.

For the good condition, clearing the minigame would offer the playing team extra Mini Stars, while losing does nothing. For the bad condition, you have to clear the minigame, or else you must hand over a portion of your Mini Stars to the opposing team. It's basically like the DK spaces and Bowser spaces from Mario Party 7.

For Bowser Party, only the characters in Rosalina's team can be used, while for Rosalina Party, only the characters in Bowser's team can be used.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I just pre-ordered a second Rosalina Amiibo from GameStop Ireland, because it's cheaper to buy locally than to import.

I still have that pre-order from Amazon Germany though. If there is any way to just switch the person it's addressed to as well as who pays for it, I will do that for someone, but if not, I'll either sell it to break even/for a slight profit, or I will trade it for an Amiibo I don't have.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
@ Krazy4Krash Krazy4Krash I just found where you got your avatar / profile icon from! (I think...)
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wallpaper/20150105/
However, I can't download it because it keeps saying that the website is very crowded at the moment.
That's the one. I properly coloured her in and removed the background, however.

So I just pre-ordered a second Rosalina Amiibo from GameStop Ireland, because it's cheaper to buy locally than to import.

I still have that pre-order from Amazon Germany though. If there is any way to just switch the person it's addressed to as well as who pays for it, I will do that for someone, but if not, I'll either sell it to break even/for a slight profit, or I will trade it for an Amiibo I don't have.
Keep both and have them fight each other. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom