• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The gangster look just feels wrong for Rosalina and her Luma. I think that just looking cute and cuddly would be enough, much like with what the following image shows.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
One things for sure...

Luma looks adorable in a fedora.

...I can't find the image that had that, so have this:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I guess this look could also work for Rosalina. Check out that glass violin

I like this Brawl inspired look for her though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ROSALINA CONFIRMED FOR MARIO PARTY 10

NEW ROSALINA AMIIBO CONFIRMED AS PART OF THE SUPER MARIO LINE

GALAXY 2 IS OUT TODAY ON WII U ESHOP

HYPE

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

They didn't actually mention Rosalina, and when saying that her Amiibo would be compatible with MP10, they just showed the Smash one. But she has an in-game model in Amiibo Party that seems based on the Super Mario line. She won't be part of the first wave, but probably the second.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yay for Rosalina in Mario Party 10.

I wonder if she will have her own Amiibo board.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Here's the video with Rosalina in Mario Party 10.
Also, why isn't Rosalina taller. She should be at least the same height as Donkey Kong.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, that bugged me too.

Sizing her down in 3D World and Smash made sense for gameplay reasons, but there was no excuse here. She should be her full near 8 feet like in Galaxy (or at least her Smash size). They made her around 3D World size here.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Yeah, that bugged me too.

Sizing her down in 3D World and Smash made sense for gameplay reasons, but there was no excuse here. She should be her full near 8 feet like in Galaxy (or at least her Smash size). They made her around 3D World size here.
Do you think they made her that size because she can float? If you think about it, having her tall as DK and floating would make her too tall (but then again, she could just walk like everybody else). I would hope that she floats when moving so that she'd be as high as DK.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not big into Mario Party (this will be the first one I get in a while), but as far as I can tell, character size doesn't effect gameplay. So Rosalina should really just be her normal size, with or without floating.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I'm not big into Mario Party (this will be the first one I get in a while), but as far as I can tell, character size doesn't effect gameplay. So Rosalina should really just be her normal size, with or without floating.
Look at this image of DK sitting down.

Can you believe that he's that big in the car?! Rosalina is the same height as Peach and Daisy so just replace one of them with Rosalina and imagine her next to DK. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

EDIT: OH SNAP WAIT. LOOK AT THIS. ROSALINA IS TALL AGAIN.

If they keep changing her size based on the minigames, that would be terribly inconsistent.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's possible that she's just hunched down more than Peach and Daisy in the car, somehow?

It would be inconsistent if she changes size between minigames and boards.

EDIT: Did a little pixel measuring. Rosalina does indeed look to be about the same size as DK in that second image. A bit smaller, but that could be the angling. And I did not take her crown into account, while Nintendo probably takes the crown into consideration in terms of not making her look "too much taller than other characters".

She still looks shorter than normal, but so does DK, I think.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
It's possible that she's just hunched down more than Peach and Daisy in the car, somehow?

It would be inconsistent if she changes size between minigames and boards.
I don't think she was hunched down in the car. She's nearly the same height as Peach. You can see this when they jump. (Click to zoom in).

I'm starting to think that they'll use different model sizes based on what's happening... :(
If I can recall correctly, they did this with Toad in Mario Party 9.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh my god that's gonna be INCREDIBLY jarring. I mean she's still slightly taller than Peach as she was in 3D World, but still, it really shouldn't change based on what she's doing.

While I am happy Rosalina is playable in it and I will play as her ALL of the time, I do feel a little weird about Nintendo basically having two version of Rosalina - a significantly shorter (most of the time), "normal" Rosalina that Miyamoto enforces (3D World, Mario Party), and the all-powerful amazon goddess Rosalina who really wouldn't be fazed by anything (Galaxy games, Mario Golf, Smash).

Mario Kart kinda blurs the line between the two.

Also I wonder who will voice her this time. Probably Laura Faye Smith.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
When I saw the Rosalina amiibo while watching the Nintendo Direct's Mario Party 10 footage, I was uncertain if she truly was going to be playable, as the Nintendo Direct didn't show her outside of an amiibo appearance. The new Mario Party 10 trailer answered that question though.

Anyway, as @ ChikoLad ChikoLad pointed out, it's very inconsistent how Rosalina would be resized to be around Peach's height level when she's really around Waluigi's height level. It's almost like with Roy and Morton being unusually short in Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U, but that's mostly because they're just Bowser Jr. palette swaps, and not separate entities.

The images below are height comparisons that I did up several months back. They basically give you an idea on how tall Rosalina really is when compared to the other Mario universe characters.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I could be miffed over Rosalina's height in Mario Party 10, but i'd rather just be hype that this is the first Mario Party where we get full playability for DK since MP 4. :4dk:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm not really sure where to say this, so I'm guessing this is the correct thread for it. Over at the Kirby boards, we're discussing the Rosalina and Luma MU... so having some insight from actual Rosalina mains would be helpful! I'm not sure if any of you guys have actually had any matches against Kirby due to the lack of players who rep him, but hopefully you'll know enough. If not, you can just request some matches with Kirby mains anyways.

For those who don't want to search through everything, head here.

So...

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I think i'm the only one that Loves the sole fact that ROSALINA IS PLAYABLE and not that she isn't as tall or whatever when that doesn't really matter , at all.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I guess for some of us, Rosalina's size is what makes her feel so special and loving.
Her Character itself and personality is way more important than her physical appearence ; The way she is portrayed is what makeds her special and likeable , if you ask me.

I dont wanna be mean but caring about such a minor (because it is minor) detail is just being really picky.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Her Character itself and personality is way more important than her physical appearence ; The way she is portrayed is what makeds her special and likeable , if you ask me.

I dont wanna be mean but caring about such a minor (because it is minor) detail is just being really picky.
It's not so much that she changes size between games. It's that she changes size between individual scenarios in Mario Party 10, without any real reason, let alone a story explanation.

It's just odd. It's not a big deal. It was just a curious detail, that got me thinking about how I feel about Rosalina's recent appearances.

In the end, she's still one of the only two things convincing me to get this game, and I will pretty much only play as her, assuming I don't have to unlock her.

-----

@ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima
I would give you a more detailed input of I could right now, but I can't at the minute.

I do have a lot of experience with the match up, and overall, Rosalina has a major advantage, but a really on point Kirby pro can harass Rosalina badly assuming the Rosalina player is not on the Kirby player's level.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Rosalina being playable in Mario party 10 might consider getting it as a brithday gift. New Rosalina amiibo sounds potentially nice, but if I can get the Smash version, I'll just stick with that. Though, options would be lovely just in case.

As for size issues, meh, don't care too much.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
In the end , Mario Part 10 looks like Mario Party 9 ... like garbage. However , Rosalina is clearly the only that's worth something within the game.
On a side note , that game may not flop because coincidentially All the games where Rosalina is playable (or in a role with lines) , don't suck at all.

Smash Bros 3ds/Wii U has Rosalina , and it doesn't suck
Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 have Rosalina and they didn't suck
Mario Kart Wii has Rosalina and it did not suck
Mario Kart 7 has Rosalina and it did not Suck
Mario Kart 8 has Rosalina and it did not suck
Mario Golf World Tour has Rosalina and it did not suck
Super Mario 3dWorld has Rosalina and It did not suck.
Mario Kart AGPDX Doesn't suck and It has Rosalina

So by some strange logic , MP10 shouldn't suck because Rosalina is in the game , it just makes sence.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Meh, I'm not a big fan of MKWii or 7...

But in other news, Target is closing down in Canada. Rosalina is exclusive to Target in the US and Canada.

...so yeah, dunno what will happen there.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Just wondering: This might be a question for its own thread but as a Yoshi main (not me, but my cousin) ), do you guys and gals think Rosalina would make a good secondary for him and cover his weak points or bad MUs? My cousin seems to like both characters but a team of two doesn't always mix well (like DK and Ganon, who both have trouble with projectiles and being comboed with rushdown) and I wanted to know if it could work or if she should keep looking.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Any word on exactly what retailers are sending out early?

I have Rosalina ordered on Amazon Germany, so I'd love to get her early.
As of right now, I'm not sure. You'll probably have to look into that.

By the way, since pre-orders from Target are full, does this mean that they'll still have Rosalina and Luma amiibos on a display rack to purchase?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

By the way, since pre-orders from Target are full, does this mean that they'll still have Rosalina and Luma amiibos on a display rack to purchase?
Yes, they should. Unless they manage to screw that up too.

----

Just checked my Amazon order, and she hasn't even been shipped yet. :c

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

You'd think that, but it does depend on if copies of the product are still available in storage.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

NOW LISTEN HERE

YOU DON'T JUST DROP HEARTBREAKING IMAGERY FROM THE STORYBOOK ON ME LIKE THAT

YOU JUST DON'T

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I would love to see my Rosalina and Shulk amiibos get here, but I'm not in too much of a hurry. After all, at the moment they are just figure that I suppose I can use in Smash bros. Figures that costed me 50 dollars in total but thats not the point.

I will say, I do hope there are loads more great things in store for the Rosalina amiibo. I want to see something like codename steam for her.

Mario party 10's amiibo mode looks cool with her so far, and hopefully her board is amazing.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Well, I had no interest in Mario Party 10, (8 and 9 completely ruined the series for me) but if Rosalina is playable, I might just give it a chance.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I made a custom stage with the intent of practicing Launch Star angles, but it turned into something to demonstrate the maximum range of the move.

P1 spawns at center stage. Rosalina can grab any of the three platforms simply by using Launch Star, and they're spaced at the very edge of the range where she can reach the ledge, assuming she starts at the P1 spawn position over the little block thing. The top platform requires her to angle it backwards, the right platform requires her to angle it forwards, and the corner platform requires her to not angle it at all. I didn't bother going for in between angles because **** that noise. Furthermore, the main stage is exactly long enough that Rosalina can use Launch Star from one ledge and land precisely on the other, so that she goes into her "oh dear I'm about to fall" animation. (Fun fact: FD and Omegas are also this length, and it's two blocks wider on each side than the FD silhouette the game shows you in the builder.)

I found it quite interesting how little extra distance the backward launch gave her.

Also interesting is that Launch Star Plus can in fact reach that top platform, although you need to reposition Rosalina to do it. So it does get a smidgen of extra height compared to default Launch Star. Its angle also doesn't let it grab the corner platform from center stage.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Someone got pictures of the Rosalina Amiibo in better lighting and slightly better camera quality, and it makes it look even better than before.

Can we appreciate how perfect her face sculpt is, and how beautiful that sheen on her gown looks?

EDIT: Lighting isn't great, but a nice close up with nice quality:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom