• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(MOST3) Kelowna, BC - 64+Melee+Brawl - March 28th

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Major Okanagan Smash Tournament 3

Brawl
Events
1 - Brawl Doubles - $10 / person, best of 3, 3 stocks, time 8 minutes.
2 - Brawl Singles - $10 / person, best of 3, 3 stocks, time 8 minutes.
3* - Brawl Crews - $20 / crew, 3/4/5 people per crew, 15 stocks per crews team, time 8 minutes.
All events are seeded randomly, double elimination

Rules
General Rules
- If the game was ever to freeze, the match will be restarted despite the remaining stocks of both players, unless there was a clear winner.
- Controller mods that alter control/button sensitivity are not allowed what so ever.
- Controller mods that change its cosmetics (Color/Plastic casing) or anything exterior of the like are allowed.
- Changing cosmetics will not affect a players ability to play smash and the match will still be on even playing fields.
- Entrants need to bring their own controller.

Gameplay Rules
Singles:
- Pot split 60/30/10 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
- 3 stock per match
- Time Limit: 8:00 minutes, 10:00 for Semi-Finals and Finals. Higher stock/lower percent determines the winner if time runs out. If exact stock-% draw at the end of match, another 1 stock match is played to determine winner.
- Items Off and None.
- Matches Per Set: Best 2 out of 3. Winners’ finals, Losers’ finals, and Grand Finals played best 3 out of 5.
- Set Style: Advanced slobs. First match is random stage. The loser chooses the stage for the following match. The winner then chooses his character for said match. Following this, the loser gets to counterpick their character, and the match is played.
- Blind Picks: If players cannot agree on a match-up to play their first match, a 3rd party may be called in. Both players secretly tell the 3rd party which character they will use, and they are forced to use that character. This allows for no possibility for character counter-picks on the first match.
- Stage deletion: If both players agree, each may ban 1 stage for the whole set after they play the first match.
- Dave’s Stupid Rule: While counter-picking a stage, a player may not select the stage on which he last won unless the other player agrees to play on it again.

Doubles
All of the Singles rules apply with these changes.
- Pot split 70/30 for 1st and 2nd place.
- Friendly Fire is On
- Life Stealing is Allowed

Venue
Location = The Xzone
335 Banks Rd, Kelowna, BC
Directions = Just stay on Harvey, which is the main road that goes all the way through the Okanagan known as Highway 97, then turn AWAY from Wall Mart once you reach Banks Road and it’s in the lot on the left.
+ 5$ Venue Fee
Cafe, comfy couches, big tvs and probable recording set ups.

Brawl Stages
currently in works
standard really

Melee
Events
1 - Melee Doubles - $10 / person, best of 3, 4 stocks, time 8 minutes.
2 - Melee Singles - $10 / person, best of 3, 4 stocks, time 8 minutes.
3* - Melee Falcon Only - $5 / person, best of 3, 4 stocks, time 8 minutes.
4* - Melee Crews - $20 / crew, 3/4/5 people per crew, 20 stocks per crews team, time 8 minutes.
All events are seeded randomly, double elimination

Rules
Same General Rules As Brawl

Gameplay Rules
Singles:
- 4 stock per match
- Time Limit: 8:00 minutes, 10:00 for Semi-Finals and Finals. Higher stock/lower percent determines the winner if time runs out. If exact stock-% draw at the end of match, another 1 stock match is played to determine winner.
- Items Off.
- Matches Per Set: Best 2 out of 3. Winners’ finals, Losers’ finals, and Grand Finals played best 3 out of 5.
- Set Style: Advanced slobs. First match is random stage. The loser chooses the stage for the following match. The winner then chooses his character for said match. Following this, the loser gets to counterpick their character, and the match is played.
- Blind Picks: If players cannot agree on a match-up to play their first match, a 3rd party may be called in. Both players secretly tell the 3rd party which character they will use, and they are forced to use that character. This allows for no possibility for character counter-picks on the first match.
- Stage deletion: If both players agree, each may ban 1 stage for the whole set.
- Dave’s Stupid Rule: While counter-picking a stage, a player may not select the stage on which he last won unless the other player agrees to play on it again.

Doubles
- Friendly Fire is On

Melee Stages
currently in works
standard really

Venue
Location = Dyniemansion
3560 Scott Road, Kelowna, BC
Directions = Either go to the Xzone and you will be brought by car to the venue or go straight there. Stay on Harvey until you reach Pandosy, turn right if you're coming from the bridge, then left on Swordy, then right on Scott.
+5$ Pizza Fee
Pizza, no limit on smash time, probable recording set ups.

Events
1 - 64 Singles - $10 / team, best of 3, 5 stocks.
2 - 64 Doubles - $10 / person, best of 3, 5 stocks.
3* - 64 FFA - $5 / person, no time, all items very high, 5 stock.
All events are seeded randomly, double elimination.

Rules
Same General Rules As Brawl

Gameplay Rules
Singles:
- 5 stock per match
- Time Limit: only if requested then done by stop watch, 10:00. Higher stock/lower percent determines the winner if time runs out. If exact stock-% draw at the end of match, another 1 stock match is played to determine winner.
- Items Off.
- Stage deletion: If both players agree, each may ban 1 stage for the whole set.

Doubles
- Friendly Fire is On

64 Stages
currently in works
standard really

Venue
Location = Dyniemansion
- Same Details as Melee Venue

Updates
always in works

Housing
- Housing available for everyone.
- If you need housing for Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday night, post your details or contact Dynamism for more details.
- If you are coming by bus and need transportation once in Kelowna, contact Dynamism with your details.
- Basically just contact Dynamism if you need stuff that doesn't involve smash but involves getting to the smash and you'll be hooked up.

Player Confirmation
always in works

Locals
Confirmed as yes
Kelowna Smash
Dynamism
Cake
Fazha
ComradeCanada
Walker
Him
Culex
Zyfe
Dave
Sweet-M
Vernon Melee
Cproce
jugfingers
Baker
Jamie
Armstrong Brawl
Sess
O HAi
Zair
Other Okanagan Smashers
Koskinator
Daltsy
Lib3r4t3

Confirmed as maybe
*still need to be contacted
-said they'll try but don't know
~depends on someone else

- Saki
- Evan
- Trozz
- Vic
- Jumblez
* Tycho
* Danny
* Deathknee
* ScottyBee
* Ben
* TYL
~ Flash
~ joE_Riot
~ TMDubs
~ Hotztuph

Visiting Smashers
- Praxis
- brdy
- Eggz
- Liverymen
- unityole
- Blunted_Object10
- SpaceFalcon
- Noobking
~Rampage
~Enkou
AiB Deva
AiB ZeroStar.hX
AiB FutureTense
AiB Cazcom

Set Up Confirmation
currently in works
update shortly (like later today)

Brawl
TVs 6-8
Xzone = 3/4
Dynamism = 1/2
Lib3r4t3 = 1
Fazha = 1

Wii+Brawl 6
Dynamism = 1
Fazha = 1
Dotz = 1
Hotztuph = 1
Zyfe = 1
Cake = 1

Melee
TVs 4-5
Dynamsim = 4
Lib3r4t3 = 1

GC/Wii+Melee 4/5
Dynamism = 1
Lib3r4t3 = 1/2
Zyfe = 1
jugfingers = 1

TVs 4-5
Dynamsim = 4
Lib3r4t3 = 1

64 3
Dynamism = 1
Dotz = 1
Cake+Lib3r4t3 = 1

Info
For further information or questions...

Phone - TWO FIVE ZERO - EIGHT SIX ZERO - FIVE FIVE FOUR NINE
Email - inkyjr (AT) hotmail (DOT) com
or Lib3r4t3/AJ in Penticton
Phone - TWO FIVE ZERO - FOUR SIX ZERO - ZERO ZERO THREE NINE
Email - helfire_raven (AT) hotmail (DOT) com

Okanagan, BC Thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5566566#post5566566

Xzone
http://xzoneelounge.ca/

MOST4
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=216287

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
roby, this is gonna be the big deciding tourney for all Okanagan players (donno if I can call them local cause our community is spread over 300kms in every direction lol) so it should be a full house. Sometimes there's 'extreem' changes in my guesses. (like MOST2 being 64 heavy and TC5 being melee heavy even when MOST1 was practically a Brawl tournament) but...
25-30 for Brawl, 15-20 for melee 10-15 for 64 is my best guess within 10s.

I'll update it as I get confirmations and contact everyone. If you haven't noticed, we don't do boards, we do phones lol

yay brady! <3 WA =D

Yakal, Francis said he'll drive if people go with him cause it's cheapest. Talk to him when he talks to Victoria about it.

Inuyfreak

Smash Rookie
Confirm me and Steven.

Who wants to double with me in what events?

Who is Francis bringing from Victoria? Tim at least, right?
YOU CANT CONFIRM ME FDSAFSDAFASF

Oh i'm going by the way. Expect my Ness in brawl to be alot better, and expect my Samus in melee to stay the same, unless i can get AJ to come over for another practice sesh.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
4 - 64 Singles - $6 / team, best of 3, 5 stocks.
- Melee Doubles - $10 / team, best of 3, 4 stocks, time 8 minutes.
5 - 64 Doubles - $5 / person, best of 3, 5 stocks.

lol !

also, I'm not coming!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol dan
We get people playing 64 because of it. Most smashers here are not very commited to 64 but at least the numbers turn up as high as the other events somehow. XD

Vernon, Armstrong, Mission, and UBCO crews all pretty much confirmed now. Still working on Rutland and Westside, but soon. That's around 30 people give or take 10 confirmed now. Still getting details on who from those crews is coming.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
lol dan
We get people playing 64 because of it. Most smashers here are not very commited to 64 but at least the numbers turn up as high as the other events somehow. XD

Vernon, Armstrong, Mission, and UBCO crews all pretty much confirmed now. Still working on Rutland and Westside, but soon. That's around 30 people give or take 10 confirmed now. Still getting details on who from those crews is coming.
ehh im not too hot for paying for tickets right now.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
well you said you're not coming so why would you pay for a ticket if you're not coming anyway? ;D
kidding, I know what you mean.

Monniez 'R Tight

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
kelowna mission brawl crew confirmed as you already know and already confirmed us on the list why does our stuff even go on the boards? You got dis covered already. ALL OF IT!

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
We want recording, specifically of team collateral damage. THey ****... themselves, unfortuantely.

IF you hadn't already, confirm me bringing GC + N64 setups + 2 N64 controllers.

HesJustABoy

Smash Cadet
Ya don't or you will lose youll lose a lot of people roflcopter cause no offense Flatzone>MOST3

This epic win brought to you by HJAB,
The king of epic wins

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol I know, I'm thinking of keeping Feb 28th but trying out the venue that we have saturday smashfests at instead. I'll know by Monday.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Kay. James wtf man. Why would you host this on the same weekend as Flatzone? Flatzone was announced a few days after CAST4. That was way back near the end of November. Come on man. =/

This is just poor planning, and you're pretty much splitting up the potential attendants for both tournaments. There was the Canada Calendar sticky, and you could of easily checked it before organizing this tournament.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
still getting details. Stupid renos happened during the wrong time for us. :\

It'll work out, Feb 28th at UBCO is all but confirmed but if something even BETTER comes along, you know. :D

Metà

Smash Master
As much as I'd prefer to go to Flatzone, I don't think I can make it to that. I'll try to make it to this, but it all depends what my school workload is like. If I have a ride, I have my projects/midterms done, and my parents let me go (shouldn't be an issue), I'll make it.

Metà

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm probably not going to this. I'd rather go to the one at UBC, cause it's closer.

How old are you, Evan?

If James goes to Flatzone, you can reconfirm me, Kat.

edit: if he doesn't mind me carpooling. <.<
I'm 19. The reason my parents could potentially keep me from going is because I don't have a job, so ultimately my money comes from them. If they don't want me to go, I got no moniez D=

i can try to get UBC overture to change their date... would probably end up being earlier though.
Doing it the weekend before would probably work, cause it's right after my midterms (iirc, I could be wrong).

Top Bottom