• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Useless Attack

I say an attack is anything that has a hitbox. So, Luigi's taunt. At least the other moves mentioned here actually can achieve some purpose.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Game and Watch U-Air
In my experience, it's not a bad mix-up option to use occasionally on a low % opponet to keep his nair from staling. You can actually land it, unlike most of the attacks being discussed in this thread, it's not unusable. That said, hard as I try I can't get his bucket to be tenable for the life of me. Too much lag.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Fox's Down+B

I'm just kidding. I would say Doc's Cape or Shiek's Down+B.
Are you serious about Doc's Cape? It has like 4x the vertical range of Mario's cape. You can cape someone coming from below the stage for christ's sake lol

Gravitirax

Smash Cadet
Are you serious about Doc's Cape? It has like 4x the vertical range of Mario's cape. You can cape someone coming from below the stage for christ's sake lol
I was talking in terms of recovery. Also I never got much time to explore doc... Maybe I should.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
warlock punch is pretty bad too, in terms of recovery :troll:

Seriously what can you do with Game and Watch's down-B? Catch hopes and dreams? LOL

Ness down-B is right up there too

Last edited:

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Mario's down-tilt. Oh, I mean Mario's down-tilt.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
You guys are mentioning moves that actually do damage most of the time. 2 useful.

G&W bucket ftw. it's only use is to catch the coins people throw at you when they see your taunt and mistake you for the salvation army standing outside walmart.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I played him at Apex actually. He's a beast, but I think I saw him use it in a video at Fight Pit and the opponent just meteor cancelled while GR fell to his death. lol
I was mostly kidding, its not great, but i dont think its the worst

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ness' down smash is the worst move in the entire game. I can't think of a single move worse than it. Every other move has some sort of nifty trick or can be used to punish a missed rest or edgeguard. Ness' d-smash does no damage, is slow, and has a crap hitbox.

Psi magnet has some uses in teams and in certain matchups (Samus) and can also be used to semi-stall in the air and **** with your momentum.
Pk flash can be used to edgeguard.
Kirby's nair doesn't put him in so much lag if you accidentally use it.
Zelda's dair is a meteor smash and can be used in some combos.
The mario bros. d-tilt is bad because they have better moves than it. It's just outshined.
Mewtwo's side b can kill dumb people on battlefield.
Pichu's fair is not so laggy.

Luigi's taunt is the only thing that can be considered worse and you can even debate that that's not a real move lol. It still is a meteor smash at least.

It's funny because it was super op in smash 64 for edgeguarding.

Last edited:

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
Ness' down smash is the worst move in the entire game. I can't think of a single move worse than it. Every other move has some sort of nifty trick or can be used to punish a missed rest or edgeguard. Ness' d-smash does no damage, is slow, and has a crap hitbox.
Sheiks down b is slow, does no damage and has a crap hitbox.
Jigglypuff's up b does no damage, is slow, can be wiggled out of and has a crap hitbox.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Sing can be used to grab the edge from further away than Jigglypuff's normal edgegrab range.
Sheik's down b can be used for recovery and mindgame purposes.

Fools Requiem

Smash Cadet
If you can score a hit with Ganon's Up Tilt against a competent player, you are a god amongst men.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Why are people talking **** on the G&W bucket? It blocks falco lasers, even if you don't hit people with it often it has significant shield stun on block and I'm assuming that the rest of the cast who lack reflectors would probably kill for the option to have it. You don't even have to time it, you can just stand there and press and hold it, plus If I remember correctly you don't even have to turn around, it works backwards. EDIT: catching 3 falco/fox lasers powers up an 18% damage attack if one of the 3 hits connects. If all 3 hits connect, it's 50 damage in 1 bucket use from 3 falco lasers... don't talk to me about how the bucket sucks. I'm personally testing the bucket just to see how good it is. You may be interested to know:

1. It takes 25 frames to recover from letting go of the bucket after the bucket is out, after soaking up a shot it will leave you vulnerable for 34 frames (a little over half a second) for the first 2 catches, only use it at long range.
2. SOAKING UP THE PROJECTILE GRANTS GAME AND WATCH COMPLETE INVINCIBILITY UNTIL HE IS FULLY RECOVERED FROM USING THE BUCKET ON THE THIRD CATCH.
3. The bucket's 18 damage hitbox (though not transcendant) comes out in 2 frames.
4. Clanking stifles subsequent hitboxes :(
5. Hits on shield multiple times. On powershield first hit continues to hit shield continuously, cannot escape on powershield until after second hit (19 frames if jumping out)
4. Now seriously tell me that a move that soaks up falco lasers, can do 50 damage and makes them careful when approaching kind of like a samus shot, does great shield stun/damage and leaves you completely invincible upon recovery into a standing state is a "useless move".

If you space it correctly you can jab reset into the last 2nd 2 hits of the bucket.

Last edited:

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Y'all effers who are saying that all of Roy's moves are useless need Jesus. He still sucks though. Why I stick with him the world may never know.

Top Bottom