• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Useful Hat

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
Which do y'all think it is? (Yeah, I looked for threads like this, there was one, but it was all "Which Kirby Hat is Kutest, lol ^_^" ) No redeeming value.

Personally, it seems like the Falco and Pit hats are the most useful in general. FC works as a kindof projectile spam if you're desperate, but lasers and paletunafish arrows are much better.

On a side note, are any of the hats not useful at all? I mean, in Melee there were some worthless hats, but now, the only one I can't ever fathom using at all is Ganons.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
One of the most useful hats - No hat. Kirby's absorb does 10% damage and can be used to get somebody where you want them for your next attack.

Ivysaur's hat kicks ***. Right after absorbing it, you can immediately use it on them (unless they immediately dair, but they won't do that the first time you pull this trick off XD)

Zamus' hat is wicked.

Dedede's hat makes it harder to shake out of whenever somebody's absorbed, making it better for jumping off the stage and spitting people into it.

Bowser/Charizard hat is useful because Kirby's lower to the ground, so it goes a further distance (unless you tilt it upwards)

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
i agree that pits and falcos are the best, but meta knights and marios are also good. i love to use sonic's for offensive recovery. try to see which hat fits you bets. (olimar's is the worst).

Mentok the Mind Taker

Smash Cadet
I can understand Falco and Pit have amazing projectiles, but depending on your style of play the best can be different:
-as mentioned above, Ivysaur, Bowser and Charizard have great damage builders
-Wolf's blaster is unstoppable because people can't crawl under it
-My personal favorite is stealing Snake's Grenades, shield dropping them for edgeguard, etc

And whoever said having ness's PK fire in ssb64 was good should concede that kirby with jiggs' pound was unbeatable

SLIVRphantasm

Smash Cadet
i think the best hat for kirby is the D3 hat because its good for suicides.Or warios because can do the same.Ivysaurs hat does kick if used right

(>-_-)> <(-_-<)

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Bowser/Charizard: Firebreath to the edge, let them fall a bit, drop off, DAir, death.

Snake:Grenade, throw, Grenade, throw, some attacks, rinse wash and repeat.

Pit:Arrowloops of Doom. Might not be as effective with Kirby but whatever still annoying :3

I think one ability that's WORSE than the Inhale is GW's Chef: I think for some reason GW can bucket the food. Maybe it's just something I heard wrong but I dislike it anyway. :>

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
Which do y'all think it is? (Yeah, I looked for threads like this, there was one, but it was all "Which Kirby Hat is Kutest, lol ^_^" ) No redeeming value.

Personally, it seems like the Falco and Pit hats are the most useful in general. FC works as a kindof projectile spam if you're desperate, but lasers and paletunafish arrows are much better.

On a side note, are any of the hats not useful at all? I mean, in Melee there were some worthless hats, but now, the only one I can't ever fathom using at all is Ganons.

Ike's hat. you'll be surprised at how many suckers fall for this attack

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Ike's hat. you'll be surprised at how many suckers fall for this attack
Very true.

Also, strangely, I love copying Falcon. Aside from the already insane recovery boost, you can WoP Falcon Punch. *****es ain't gettin' back to that ledge.

Oh, and I spam Olimar's power. I don't care how useless it is. It's just so f*cking awesome.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Best looking hat is the G&W hat, he looks soooo AWESOME wearing it.

most useful is probably pikachu's, I also like marth's sheild stab. The chargables are awesome too of course, DK punch is awesome, and even though charge shot doesn't kill it has insane percent damage.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
I dont think that DDD Inhale can be useful, anyway, Snake, Lucario, Pit and TL hats are helpful

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
lol his sword is to short and lets him get grabbed and he can get hit out of tornado

Wolf or DDD those two are my favorites

JW do u think its possible to find a way to start the match off with a Hat? like at the character select screen choose the character who's hat u want click or hold a button or buttons and then choose kirby and then Bam u have the hat u want

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
JW do u think its possible to find a way to start the match off with a Hat? like at the character select screen choose the character who's hat u want click or hold a button or buttons and then choose kirby and then Bam u have the hat u want
No, but imagine the possibilities!

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Dude that would be so broken. Bullet seed everytime ftw. Kirby would be **** against heavies. D-throw to Bullet Seed at early %'s = automatic 40%.

Top Bottom