• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Underrated character (from talks you see on this board)

Civy

Smash Cadet
Zelda was greatly buffed, but no one seems to care about it...

It looks like a lot of veteran characters are underrated ^^'

DonKoopa

Smash Rookie
Hm.

i'd say zelda and wario..

wario is way better than i expected and zelda has improved a lot.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Mainly, I'd say Olimar and Snake. I've seen a lot of people say they suck, but I think that if someone got truly good with them, it could be a scary prospect.

Other than that, I'd say Falco. I'm saddened that so many of his fans only liked him for his shine and top-tierness. But hey, now people like me stand out more. Stupid bandwagoners probably haven't even played a Star Fox game before.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Olimar is definitely not underrated. I always hear people saying how awesome he is.

R.O.B. is definitely one of the most underrated. I barely hear anyone ever talk about him in spite of the fact that he can do some really amazing stuff. I'd also say Link is really underrated, not because he's top tier or anything, but just because I'm always hearing people say he's worthless or bottom tier. He's probably not high tier material, but he's definitely way more usable than most give him credit for.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wario most definately. Because of the nature of his attacks, way too many people have dismissed him as a "gimmick" character. The "gimmicks" he has actually make him a very fearsome opponent. For example, I have seen people use the motercycle for all sorts of strategies: recovery, blocking projectiles, a false edgeguard, eating it to charge up the fart much faster, etc.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Wario definitely got panned early for his gimmicks. His DI and aerials alone make him a great character.

Mr. Game and Watch has improved significantly in my opinion, I don't know if he'll be anywhere in contention for top-tier, though.

And Yuna is a f*cking idiot who thinks that the world revolves around his post count. I haven't seen one post from him that contains any rationale behind his assertions, and it's a good thing other people think the same. He can keep trolling if he wants, Yoshi isn't as bad as he says at all.

Silfa

Smash Ace
Wario definitely got panned early for his gimmicks. His DI and aerials alone make him a great character.

Mr. Game and Watch has improved significantly in my opinion, I don't know if he'll be anywhere in contention for top-tier, though.

And Yuna is a f*cking idiot who thinks that the world revolves around his post count. I haven't seen one post from him that contains any rationale behind his assertions, and it's a good thing other people think the same. He can keep trolling if he wants, Yoshi isn't as bad as he says at all.
I really have to agree with you. I'm so sick of all this "Yoshi SUCKS!" crap.

I find Wario, DK and Yoshi quite under rated.

p1r4t3p0t3

Smash Rookie
Hardly anybody talks about R.O.B., but he is pretty good. Nice recovery, nice smashes, and that scene in adventure mode almost made me cry ='(

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yoshi is GREAT! Yoshi, Donkey Kong (CRAZY FUN!), Ice Climbers (only because they are the hardest characters to reinvent), Mr. Game and Watch (mad buffs!), Ike (he's too f***ing good), and actually the Pokémon Trainer are underrated online and on the boards. Which is sad. There are no bad characters. O, and Booser is underrated. Gotta love teh Booz! :grin:

Woaw p1r4t3p0t3, I run into ROBs a lot. Same with Olimars and Ikes. We all must run into diffrent crowds. Seriously, I've played 15 with anyone matches, no one else uses the PT. WTF MATE!?!?!? :laugh:

Top Bottom