• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most ridiculous Thing Ever

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Well, I am not really sure what you mean by ridiculous, but once when I was playing Falco, I Falco illusioned (->b) off the edge, and as soon as I got off the revival platform, I did it again.. I lost both of my lives that I had left and my friend won the game, but we both laughed about it afterwards.

And there is always the occasional "Trying to wavedash near the edge, but end up airdodging to your doom" moments. :/

Toomai

Smash Ace
When I get into a scramble near the edge and I fall off, the game still makes me do a nair even though I stop pressing buttons.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Mike G for Georgia defeats me and the rest of the South Carolina crew all by his self. THAT's ridiculous.
Like...seriously, was that recorded? It haunts my mind how I've never seen it. >_>

Edit: I feel bad for you guys though, I'm practically from the Carolinas. But it's still hilarious. >_>

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
nice falco combo.
Most rediculous thing I've done? I'm in a teams match, playing Falcon, my partner is dead and I have last life and I'm up against a falco and a sheik with 3 stocks between them. I Bair the Falco to death, full jump accross the stage and knee the sheik who's just standing and shooting needles. Falco steals sheiks last life and to finish up I do a 0-death tech chase combo that ends in stomp, up smash to knee. Best moment of my life.

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
This isn't the most ridiculous thing that's ever happened, but I'd have to say it's up there.
When we play melee at my school, we play "2 off", meaning that the 3rd and 4th place finishers give up their controllers to the people that are watching and waiting. So generally 1st and 2nd place just fight for bragging rights.
every other day, me and a guy who plays Wigi are in the same free period. There are some other good people in the period, but more often than not it ends up being a showdown between him and me for first. We call it the "epic battle".
Last week, we were the ones who are staying on playing at Final Dest. So we both kill off our second lives to make it an even fight to the last life. We start fighting and I start comboing him all over the place (Sheiks tend to do that. ^^) He works me up to around 70 damage with a few fireballs and the occassional aerial. But it's clear that I'm dominating this time. With his Wigi at over 150% I F-tilt him, getting ready to Fair him into oblivion. Then, just as I start to attack, he misfires in my face, and I'm sent flying across the stage to my death.

...It was the most absurd amount of luck I had ever seen. Needless to say, I spent the rest of the day screaming "YOU HAX!!!" at him.
:chuckle:

Misty!

Smash Rookie
This happened in a serious fight:

Me and my friend were playing a 4 STOCK match and both knocked each other off opposite sides and died at the same time. Sudden Death.

During sudden death, we both knocked each other up FLYING off the stage and both died at the same time, we knew it was AGAIN exact same time because when it said GAME both our lives were gone. Apparently 1P always wins after a double sudden death (we tested it quite a few times after it happened).

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
This happened in a serious fight:

Me and my friend were playing a 4 STOCK match and both knocked each other off opposite sides and died at the same time. Sudden Death.

During sudden death, we both knocked each other up FLYING off the stage and both died at the same time, we knew it was AGAIN exact same time because when it said GAME both our lives were gone. Apparently 1P always wins after a double sudden death (we tested it quite a few times after it happened).
Yup, that's because, according to Mew2King's statistics data, player 1 has a priority advantage over P2, P2 over P3, P3 over P4. So if that happens the lowest-numbered player (closest to 1) wins. I think this also affects clashing moves, not sure.
(no I haven't memorized Mew2King's statistics, was just looking around the other day and remembered that <_<)

Most rediculous thing i've done is probably be behind, my Luigi 1 stock, my friend's marth 3 stock, misfire KO, wait for his invincibility to run out, misfire to fair for the kill and then misfire, tech-chase dthrows, then up-b sweetspot for the kill.

Smash Master
I did a reverse Falcon Punch to a heavily damaged G +W. The invisible ceiling glitch ocurred, and he got spiked to the bottom of FD by Falcon Punch. That was ridiculous.

Uck2

Smash Cadet
When I lost a match once I picked up a hammer then proceeded to bash my gamecube controller..Those things are sturdy.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Just one more reason not to use items. And yes, they are durable :D.

I've had the sudden death thing happen t me before. It was just odd to say the least.

Anyway....well, ok, I had found out about advanced techniques...l-cancel, shffl, wavedash. I had NO CLUE that smash was that crazy. I think this was early last year. (same happened this year though).

Ok. My story. Supposed best player in the school was up against me. I brought in a copy of smash since I had a party. It was a 1v1 match, 4stock, FD, no items. I was Falco, and he Fox. I 3 stocked him. And the only time I died was from and accidental phantasm. I was just so shocked that these advanced techniques were all that great. I wasn't even that great at them, just recently have I really began t get them down...

[/ramble]

Aiko

Smash Champion
I was playing on pokefloats and i fell through the head of the seal balloon. I mean i was standing on it, i got ada and then i went through the seal
It's happened to you too?! I've done that twice now, in the same way as you did. I SHFFL'd Dair on the neck and fell through FTL :(

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
It's happened to you too?! I've done that twice now, in the same way as you did. I SHFFL'd Dair on the neck and fell through FTL :(
I was also watching a montage video on the net and i saw a match between mew2 and pikachu on battlefield. out of nowhere pikachu just falls through the level and die! WTF is up with that????

Corigames

Smash Hero
^ about that. Mew2 can drag people through levels, it's a thing he can do.

Me, it's a tough choice.
1. There was a free for all 4 player, the person beside me immediatly got dsmashed and then dair-ed off FD. He cam back and I dodged his every attack and set him up for another meteor smash. When I jumped up to do it, another person was smashed across the stage and they were both meteor smashed. I landed, still at 0%. It was amazing.

2. I was playing a team match on temple. I had a charge shot ready and found myself staring down a pikachu in the cave there. I was at 200% when I ran up to him, but he dsmashed me (the spinny-electric attack). I went flying up and started to slide right to left across the cieling. I shot up through the hole on the left and shot the enemy fighting my team mate, killing him. I continued to fly to the left a bit and landed on the left edge of the level.

One of those two.

Supiddo

Smash Apprentice
its my 3 cousins playing,

1 is zelda/sheik

2 are samus

1 samus fires a blast at zelda but she deflected it and it went back to the samus who fired the blast. the samus who fired jumps and apparently the other samus was right behind him and he got blasted instead

Eaode

Smash Champion
^^ I've been waiting for someone to do that LOL

Oh, one time i stage spiked muy friends marth with a PK thunder

*waits for EB360 to add it to his list of a gajillion uses for PKT*

MVPaintballer

the lil d that could
Even tho i teched it i still died tho, got ***** by knee.

Some more ridiculous just happened to me, teched marth's charged b/fsmash about 5 times before dying.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
I've done it multiple times, but play 4p melees as falcon and use nothing but the falcon punch. Surprisingly enough I actually win a lot, even against good people.

B_Smash07

Smash Apprentice
once i was playin as kirby. i was standin near the edge and i grabbed pikachu. I used the up-throw, missed the edge, and died like half a second before pika wood have! My friend still wont stfu...

QERB

Banned via Warnings
Me (kirby) vs friend (luigi), 4 stock match, we both had 1 stock (fairly high%'s i don't remember exactly). I try to edgeguard him by ledge hopping to b-air, but he luigi misfires (forward -b) and blows the **** out of me ftw.

Laijin

Smash Hero
It was on pokemon stadium, and the rock part of the stage. He was at the bottom on the left side of the mountain and we were winning. I was hanging off the ledge of the moutain and kinda discovered Falcon had an infiite ledge recover attack from that specific ledge xD So I repeatedly tapped B over and over again and kept doing it..till I magically fell down and went into a falcon punch.
My partner just happened to turn his attention away from that match cause he was talking to someone, only to turn around and see himself get falcon punched in the face. Then we both somehow died and lost the match. It was sad yet awesome at the same time.

I once flame spiked a Fox by mistake with young link. I was off the stage and coming down with a d-air cause I knew he would try to U-air me or shine spike me. Instead, the moment he jump..he hit my sword and got flame spiked instantly. It was'nt a normal flame spike..oh no..
It was like a red blur. You could'nt even see fox's body. And that blur went away so very fast. It was an awesome moment.

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
In teams, I beat two of my roommates when they had 5 stock remaining. True, one of them decided to sit in the middle of the stage and do counters for his first two lives with Marth, but I still managed to kill his trying partner twice and him when he was trying once.

Also 4 stocking the one friend I have who is close to me in skill using Kirby vs. his Shiek, my only death being a Kirbycide (We play 5 stock) .

Top Bottom