• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most annoying enemy in video games?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

The Protomantis from Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. If you see groups of these guys be prepared to see gobs of lasers coming at you. Hell, even one can spit a whole bunch of lasers when given the chance. The worst part is their ability to track your lateral movement (something that not many enemies do) and adjust their firing line accordingly, so you're pretty much dodging walls of lasers. And anything around that can be used as cover from their ridiculous firepower will be shredded in mere moments (destructible objects anyway).

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I recently replayed Sonic Adventure 2. And that game has some stupid AI for the enemies. Most of them don't effect you at all, and you can just zip by them. But, then these assholes come around in the final levels.

**** THESE GUYS. They still hit you while you're in homing attack, and shoot lasers on top of that. I just hate these guys so much.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Maybe this doesn't count as an annoying enemy, because it is a character from a multiplayer game, but if you have ever played Overwatch on console you would know Soldier 76 is ridiculously powerful. You are probably wondering why if you play on PC, and the reason is because on console each shot from his gun does 20 damage instead of 16 like how it is on PC, and aim assist (which is set to 100% on console by default and most players keep it that way even after they change settings) makes it much easier for him to land shots at any range (he is meant to shoot enemies at mid range, but they can literally kill you from long range without actually aiming since at long range aim assist perfectly tracks enemies if they are in the right distance.

Edit: Never mind, apparently he also does 20 damage per shot on PC too now, so I can only imagine he is just as unbalanced there too.

Also Pharah on console is annoying too, because it is really hard to try to shoot her down with a controller compared to using a keyboard and mouse.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
I say, what about that Autolance from Subspace Emissary? They're impervious to flinching, so you can't really dispose of them without taking damage. I remember I was on the Battlefield Fortress stage, and it took me out during the side-scrolling part outside the castle. And that was on easy difficulty.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
This a-hole:

In the FF games I've played so far, this was usually one of my worst nightmares. An attack that can inflict EVERY STATUS AILMENT AT ONCE?! AND ON THE WHOLE PARTY?! F**k you Malboro.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Peahats in Ocarina of Time. Those complete jerks gave me nothing but grief as a kid! I just looked up how to kill them and yeah, no wonder I had so much trouble. Could never figure out how to kill them

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Mets from Mega Man. Not difficult per say, but annoying. In a game that's very fast paced like X, it's a constant waiting game with these guys, and the time they pop out is extremely random. I usually just jump right over them if I can.
I recently replayed Sonic Adventure 2. And that game has some stupid AI for the enemies. Most of them don't effect you at all, and you can just zip by them. But, then these assholes come around in the final levels.

**** THESE GUYS. They still hit you while you're in homing attack, and shoot lasers on top of that. I just hate these guys so much.
But yeah, Artificial Chaos takes second place definitely.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Wizzrobes in Zelda 1 & Zelda Classic! Very evily annoying! >.<;
And dont forget Blue Wizzrobes in Oracle Seasons/Ages and Ice/Fire Wizzrobes in Minish (why does everyone call them Picori its not even their real name) Cap
Then there are ahem:
annoying.png
theses ********

Top Bottom