• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Annoying Characters?

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Zelda isn't so annoying when you learn to not play her game. Just keep a very sharp eye on the Din's. Only 3 can be out at a time, when a 4th one gets used, the first one disappears, so be sure to be on the look out for that opening whenever you can.
I think people have started to realize the Zelda matchup. We just weren't used to her being anything but suck.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Personally, I think Link has some pretty significant advantages against Squirtle, but I don't main Link so I'm not super knowledgeable about the character.
The main issue is that Link revolves around zoning out his opponent. Link does this mainly with projectiles. Squirtle is somewhat small. When he shell shifts especially, it makes it very difficult to hit him with projectiles. Also I'm not sure but I think he takes no knockback from arrows unless they're fully charged, the light boomerang does nothing, and the bombs are actually very helpful.

His recovery Waterfall is also difficult to block. Even with a grounded Up-b spin attack as an edge guard, you need to position yourself at a very specific spot away from the ledge and perfect the attack in order to successfully edgegaurd squirtle.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
1.Zelda- Seriously i simply just hate her design. It's so dumb.
2.Marth-It's actually fun to fight against him as he always have u on your toes cause u know one combo string can lead to dair spike and death................. And then u get dair spiked and realize it's not fun anymore.
3.Wolf-Why is spamming the c-stick so effective with this character???

(Coming from a Zss/Charizard player)

Manatikik

Smash Rookie
Ivysaur cause his kit is obnoxious if you don't have projectiles or a ranged-melee attack (aka a sword, whip, etc).

Riako-san

Smash Rookie
Squirtle by far is the most annoying character to me. And I'm a Ivysaur main. I've played vs Sonic users, Olimar users, Game and Watch, Zelda and Links. While all of them are possibly incredibly annoying, none of them have annoyed me to the point that squirtle does.

Side-B, if the person isn't a noob with it, it's fairly hard to react to (on wifi). There's a slim chance to grab them out of it, in order to punish them hard. However your most basic approaches are quite literally stumped by his Neutral B and side b. Any of his smash or regular attacks that use his shell has super armor. Seriously? A dude moving that fast and agile with super armor? There's a reason that most of the super hitters have super armor. But squirtle?

His bubble instantly makes you trip. Nuff said.

His Up-B is annoying as hell to try and stop. If you try to stuff it with a aerial Up-A for the knock down, he has a shield of water around him that protects his hurtbox from your hitbox. If you try to punish it, you get hit by the water explosion.

Random Super Armors, check. A multi-hitting neutral air, check. A move that makes you trip, check. Spaztastic moves, jab , down-tilt, forward tilt, check. A throw that does a ridiculous damage, check.

Unbeatable? Not at all. But Squirtle just seems to be one of the few characters that just drains the fun out of the match for me. You can argue that Sonic is just as annoying, but Sonic doesn't have a super armor. Just imagine if Sonic's spindashes gave him a super armor. You'll pretty much have squirtle.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Squirtle by far is the most annoying character to me. And I'm a Ivysaur main. I've played vs Sonic users, Olimar users, Game and Watch, Zelda and Links. While all of them are possibly incredibly annoying, none of them have annoyed me to the point that squirtle does.

Side-B, if the person isn't a noob with it, it's fairly hard to react to (on wifi). There's a slim chance to grab them out of it, in order to punish them hard. However your most basic approaches are quite literally stumped by his Neutral B and side b. Any of his smash or regular attacks that use his shell has super armor. Seriously? A dude moving that fast and agile with super armor? There's a reason that most of the super hitters have super armor. But squirtle?

His bubble instantly makes you trip. Nuff said.

His Up-B is annoying as hell to try and stop. If you try to stuff it with a aerial Up-A for the knock down, he has a shield of water around him that protects his hurtbox from your hitbox. If you try to punish it, you get hit by the water explosion.

Random Super Armors, check. A multi-hitting neutral air, check. A move that makes you trip, check. Spaztastic moves, jab , down-tilt, forward tilt, check. A throw that does a ridiculous damage, check.

Unbeatable? Not at all. But Squirtle just seems to be one of the few characters that just drains the fun out of the match for me. You can argue that Sonic is just as annoying, but Sonic doesn't have a super armor. Just imagine if Sonic's spindashes gave him a super armor. You'll pretty much have squirtle.
While i understand how annoying the :squirtle: matchup is, in my opinion really the only thing there is to complain about is the armor on his side b. His up b is super punishable if you space properly and/or edgehog forcing him to go onstage, and his nair lacks range plus it doesn't last very long. His bubble lacks a decent enough range to even be considered a safe move in most instances and it can be teched out of or shielded so it isn't even that devastating.
Like i said before, the super armor is really the only thing i would complain about with :squirtle: and it isn't even just that. It's the combination of mobility with super armor. I wouldn't mind him keeping the super armor if he wasn't allow to change direction upon using it but if he's allowed to change directions then maybe the super armor should be removed. I'd liken the move more to wario's side b than sonic's spindash....Just imagine if that were reversible and that's kinda what squirtle is like to me atleast.

Last edited:

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Zelda is the only overly buff character. I voted for her. She is in the lead right now in the poll.

Stryker

Smash Journeyman
Quick revision.
Links up Special still sucks, but I haven't found it as bad lately. Maybe just cause the peeps I play with aren't spamming it as much. (there was one real spammy link player, but I just picked link and did it back to him, and I think he realized how annoying it is :p)
Super armor on squirtle. What do you even. I just hop up onto a platform until the little bugger has spun out. I hate dealing with that.
Zelda lightening kicks are still silly. Though I stick by what I said before. They aren't too powerful, just too safe. They need more start lag or end lag or landing lag or something. They aren't exactly hard to space.

Mewtwo tail. Maybe it's just me, but just can't get in on a decent mewtwo. I don't even know what specifically, but the tilts and ariels just keep you so far out of ranges.

And, not really as a whole, but peaches ass-check is a bit annoying just because you can't shield it, and it covers any roll option. This isn't nearly annoying as anything else I mentioned though. Not even close.

Top Bottom