• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Annoying Characters?

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Marth - Mostly because of my main constantly being outsped and outspaced, but those stupid dair spike kills at <80% apply to basically every character.
Peach - Hover/Vegetable camping is ridiculously annoying. Hard to approach. Even harder to actually stay on her.
Samus - Pretty much the same reasons as Peach but without the hovering and with much more difficulty in being able to combo her.

Last edited:

_Accelerator

Smash Cadet
Characters that make you play their game: Mario, Ivysaur and Link. Most especially, Zelda. Ugh hate Zelda

Last edited:

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
snake, mario, and ivysaur
Snake's grab is actually just stupid. I dont see how its remotely fair, and not over centralizing.
Mario's fireballs
Ivysaur's camp strategy, I thought this game is supposed to favor offense, not back air.

GreenMunchkin

Smash Apprentice
1. Luigi. Charizard can barely touch that fancy green pizano, and it irritates me to no end.
2. Kirby. Because swallowcides. Ironically, I love playing as Kirby (but I rarely swallowcide).
3. Toon Link. He's such a trollish character. I respect people for being good at him, he is just so trollish. I have mixed feelings.

Also Diddy salt lolwut? I don't understand, Diddy is super fun to play against.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Diddy is #1 for sure. He's just nonstop pressure, whether from up close or far away.

Olimar is probably #2. Despite being worse, I think he's actually even more annoying now. In Brawl, if you lose to him, eh, it's Olimar, it's to be expected. Now there's no excuse.

G&W is probably #3. Every time I play him or watch him I just get mad because PM completely ruined a good character. It's especially bad to lose to him. I was testing out some stuff with Samus and lost to GW, and that ended the testing right there. No one who could lose to GW could be worth using.

Last edited:

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
G&W is probably #3. Every time I play him or watch him I just get mad because PM completely ruined a good character. It's especially bad to lose to him. I was testing out some stuff with Samus and lost to GW, and that ended the testing right there. No one who could lose to GW could be worth using.
I'm genuinely unsure if this is serious or not.
G&W is no where near as bad as you make him out to be.
I wouldn't put him in the top 20, but I think he's still great.
If it makes you feel any better, I'd say G&W is a really bad match up for Samus.

I can understand him being annoying, but he's still really solid.

Last edited:

Guel

Smash Journeyman
#1 Mario - Simple character thats too rewarding imo.
#2 Jigglypuff - Her weaving in and out is annoying not to mention boring to play against.
#3 Lucario - Same as # 1 Mario

Update(edit) : #4 Diddy

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I have a friend who plays Ness and just about every stock or when he's down a stock or two, he'll just spam pk fire for about 40%, if I lose I call for an immediate salty runback. Ivysaur, just don't like that damage recovery method plus allllllllll that range on vines

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Ivysaur because razor leaf (even post nerf), Zelda because Din's Fire and Mewtwo because he combos the crap out of every character I play.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
#1 Sonic - He's solid enough as a character I guess, but HE'S SO LOUD. WHIRRR WHIRRR WHIRRR.
#2 Kirby - Ditto to all the kirbycide complaints. And his dash attack is just a little too good imo.
#3 Peach - CA > dsmash to victory!

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Squirtle, Ivysaur, and to a much extent, Lucas I guess (that's more of a personal issue).

I'd be okay of they decided to make Squirtle the size of Blastoise. :troll:

Celestis

Smash Ace
Diddy. Everything about him just annoys me.
Sonic. Playing against him is annoying cause its not fun. Yet I do sometimes enjoy playing as him.

Regralt

Smash Rookie
Usually Zelda plays a little too campy, or predictable. It's not much of a fun fight.
Mario, mostly because of his fireballs for pestering me in neutral, and the cape for making me suicide. ;_;
Marth, simply because I can never seem to get a good idea of his grab range.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I'm genuinely unsure if this is serious or not.
G&W is no where near as bad as you make him out to be.
I wouldn't put him in the top 20, but I think he's still great.
If it makes you feel any better, I'd say G&W is a really bad match up for Samus.

I can understand him being annoying, but he's still really solid.
It's semi-serious. It's a bit of an exaggeration, but I still think GW is safely bottom 5. He just has a lot of holes in his toolset that the good characters can easily take advantage of.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Fox and Falco of course. CC is broken right now, and they are the best examples of why.

Mario, hate those gerderned fireballs. Makes him extremely difficult to approach.
Powershielding is fun.

Last edited:

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
It's semi-serious. It's a bit of an exaggeration, but I still think GW is safely bottom 5. He just has a lot of holes in his toolset that the good characters can easily take advantage of.
I've heard a lot of people say this and I'm curious as to what he's missing in order to be a good character. Then again, I haven't played against a lot of Game and Watch mains or played him a lot myself. What in particular do you think makes Game and Watch bad?

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I've heard a lot of people say this and I'm curious as to what he's missing in order to be a good character. Then again, I haven't played against a lot of Game and Watch mains or played him a lot myself. What in particular do you think makes Game and Watch bad?
people not knowing how to sweetspot with his recovery, really the lack of G&W success in the metagame is the fault of players not the character. Bacon even lets you combo into hammer! And you develop that Hammer 9 future sense the more you play him. G&W needs players that appreciate his spacing abilities, which are fantastic.

@ Y-L Y-L can we get a poll?

Last edited:

Stryker

Smash Journeyman
Most annoying...
Zelda lightening kicks are too... safe, i think. I actually enjoy playing against zelda mostly, because she switches up the match and forces you to play "Dodge The ****". What I don't like is how quick and safe it is for her to just throw out a lightening kick. I know it has a small sweetspot, and I don't think the damage or knock back it deals is too much, just that it seems really safe.As a Mario main, there is no way people don't hate fireballs. While they feel amazingly fun to use because of how quickly you can put them out, I could see them being excessively annoying.

I've heard complaints about Link's Rang, but I have more problem with his Up Special. Recovering to a sweetspot isn't even the issue. It's the fact that it can be throw out at random and eventually it will hit and throw you at a weird angle.

Finally, I feel like the very first time I play a really good lucas, I'm going to loath that character.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I've heard complaints about Link's Rang, but I have more problem with his Up Special. Recovering to a sweetspot isn't even the issue. It's the fact that it can be throw out at random and eventually it will hit and throw you at a weird angle.
I'm firmly in camp with those who think Link's (grounded) Up Special should be nerfed. No-one needs a move that stays out forever, has the reach of Roy's Ftilt in front of and behind them with very high scaling knockback and a stupid diagonal angle. KOs at low percents by trajectory, high percents from its power. Ugh. Oh yeah did I mention that if your feet are touching Link's head you still get hit? Those are some downright silly hitboxes you got there, Link.

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I'm watching some videos of Boss on S@X, and now I can see why people would be soooooo annoyed by diddy, I'm sure I would be too if I had a Diddy I played against a often

Top Bottom