• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Morehead, Ky 3/20 to 3/21 Tournament Plus Smashfest

Shadowbot

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys payout for singles has been changed for 5 peeps. I figured I would leave teams tourney a three team payout. Stages have been changed Pirate ship, Corneria are on banned list. Lylat is now a counter and PS 1 is a starter. Msg If I forgot anything to add.

I almost positive it is a random singles tourney on the smashfest.
Take pipes, Green Hill Zone, and Distant Planet off the Cp list if you're gonna go by the rules from Lucario is Paw-Some.

Shadowbot

Smash Apprentice
Why would you take off distant planet and pipes? :(
:laugh: Not pointing fingers, but were you not the one that gave Bloodhawk this list for MWCE1? If you didn't then I misread something somewhere, but other than that, why hasn't the SBR list 2 been posted yet, it's almost like the hype for Brawl all over again being told one thing delayed, then delayed again, etc. Someone post the new list, so I can stop being confused :urg:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Not under my control.

I gave BHawk a list that he could manipulate within certain guidelines; ya know, starter/counter and counter/banned? He made a pretty conservative list is all.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
idk if I would pay out to 5 or not. Just for the reason that there won't be a SUPER amount of people there (like 50+). Therefore the pot won't be SUPER.
I'd rather have a high five than what 5th place would get. ;D j/k

andy122888

Smash Apprentice
If Distant planet and pipes are not SBR official banned then I will make them legal. As for the prize for singles...I was thinking to myself (Doubles are paying more than singles) and I think I need to rethink that quick decision. So maybe a shift back to the original format of top three may occur. Sorry if I seem noobish, but I am still new to running events and I am the kind who wants to plz everyone I do jump the gun sometimes.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
If you wanna please Everyone...Then Make everyone Who Enters get money...But on a Tournament Side...Top 3 getting Paid is Perfect....Don't change it up pimpin... I need more money In my My Pocket...Well I mean...Who ever gets First Place (*Clears Throat*) Would like more money in there pocket...GOD KAIS!!!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If Distant planet and pipes are not SBR official banned then I will make them legal. As for the prize for singles...I was thinking to myself (Doubles are paying more than singles) and I think I need to rethink that quick decision. So maybe a shift back to the original format of top three may occur. Sorry if I seem noobish, but I am still new to running events and I am the kind who wants to plz everyone I do jump the gun sometimes.
With turnouts this small, top 3 is almost a necessity.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'm going to have to agree. Having prizes for top five would thin it out a bit too much. Top three would make it more rewarding. Not to mention 5th place is a tie. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, actually have to fight hard for those spots. Think of how a bracket is laid out. However, having a prize for fourth wouldnt be too bad, but i wouldnt make it go to fifth.

When OS gave bloodhawk that list, pirate ship was originally on it. Then BH took it off. That's why it was off for the MWC1. I'd leave it on.

You know... since we're stage striking, we could have a bigger selection >.>
FD/BF/SV/YI/PS1/Lylat/Halberd/Delphino are all legit starters. I definitely wouldnt trade lylat for PS1 though.

you're free to ban pipes/distant planet/corneria though. Completely understandable.

andy122888

Smash Apprentice
K so here is the plan I am going to return the turnout to 60-30-10, corneria will stay banned. Pirate ship, Pipes and distant will return to counter. Starter I think can stay as they are. However if anyone insist the starter need to change tell me.

In other news METAFLAIR (AKA) ME will most likely not be at the tournament.....however the other two organizers Hilt and Xisin will be there.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Corneria banned? Aww. Oh well, I've been working on MK, so it's not like it really matters, but still...

Oh, thanks for keeping the prize top 3, so first gets more. My wallet's been feeling light recently.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Corneria banned? Aww. Oh well, I've been working on MK, so it's not like it really matters, but still...

Oh, thanks for keeping the prize top 3, so first gets more. My wallet's been feeling light recently.
The difference between you saying this and me saying this is that when I say this, I'm serious.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Maybe he was serious...
I have Been Playing SF4 Like Crazy so I'm probably a bit Rusty...hehe But I'm a God Kai...so I'll be fine...
DON'T PLAY LIKE THAT SP...it tickles our feathers....RaRaRaRa

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
just so everyone knows... there will be more than my set up there... just that part of the post hasnt been edited.

Pirate ship being on is fine i suppose but still hate the % lead -> water stalling bs that takes place on there. Pipes is even less of a problem its like corneria excpet no fin, or lasers... just real thin blasting zones with a walk off. Corneria is just blah and it can rot in hell for all i care!

Payout to top 3 is good too I'm fine with either way though.

See everyone there friday night. Here some thing i had in mind for fri.

Crews, random partner doubles ( with the same rules as all random singles, just you draw your partner name from a hat.), all random singles anymore suggestions are cool, but we only have time for like one or two at the best.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Possibly infern, depends on how much I need to do. I might not be able to go on Friday at all, and Saturday depends on my workload.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Ready for whatever....I don't care about going Friday..But I just wanna Go....Ummm IA (Infern Angelis) You need to make sure that you reserve the Car for The 11th in Springfield, OH cause we need to Go to that...Its a Circuit Event...God Kais For the Win!!! Biitches!!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Infern, you were halfway right! I got a lot done today mentally, I just have to write it down. I need activities for "Old Man and the Sea", "Julius Caesar" (easyyyyyy), and that's about it!

Although just to warn you guys, we might be listening to an "Old Man and the Sea" audiobook on the way down there. Just FYI. You'll learn all about the biblical allusions on symbolism to stigmata!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I would get a theme song...

Also, as an English teacher I am appalled. Your implies possession. Whose awesome are you referring to, Infern?*

*you mean you're, which is a contraction for "you are", as in "you are awesome"

>:[

smash64

Smash Champion
wow we could have a

Smash64 = soccer player

InfernAngelis = gamer/pimp

Y.b.M = rapper/pimp

Overswarm = English teacher/pimp

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I would get a theme song...

Also, as an English teacher I am appalled. Your implies possession. Whose awesome are you referring to, Infern?*

*you mean you're, which is a contraction for "you are", as in "you are awesome"

>:[
hahah

I thought I was the only person that did that.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If worse came to worst Infern, you'd be coming over here and staying the night and we leave in the morning.

Top Bottom