• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More than four players this time?

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
8 players would be tight, finally a better reason to use all of the colors ( prays for another color to come out so there could be 2v2v2v2)

i just want to see how they would make the camera angles on a map the size im thinkin of. lol, one of their many challenges

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
the 8 player seems crazy and unfair but kind fun... the 8 player does not need to happen unless ur online

Sensai

Smash Master
8 players would be crazy, sure. But no one would force you to play it, thus, it wouldn't affect you.

Perhaps they could have levels specifically designated for 8 people. Have some huge levels (or just one or two, even) for those who want bigger levels. I personally think that Battlefield with 6 players would be awesomely chaotic.

Make it happen, Nintendo.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
8 players would be crazy, sure. But no one would force you to play it, thus, it wouldn't affect you.

Perhaps they could have levels specifically designated for 8 people. Have some huge levels (or just one or two, even) for those who want bigger levels. I personally think that Battlefield with 6 players would be awesomely chaotic.

Make it happen, Nintendo.
I know I would want to be in an 8 player free for all royal rumble! Those who wouldn't want to participate will eventually come around even though they were sceptical about the whole idea at first.

I like how me & Sensai think. We think outside of the box!

Zink

Smash Champion
looks more like you're the ones INside the box lol
I just think that even with teams, it'd be so chaotic that the outcome would be random. Have you ever played 4 player FFA on FoD or Battlefield? Really, skill isn't a factor. It's fun for a little while, but it's so annoying losing because someone is a better spammer than you, or got lucky. Luck and spammage are so much more important in those big matches that I don't really find it enjoyable.

Sensai

Smash Master
But if you were going to be playing one of these 'grand' battles, you probably wouldn't be playing for real. It'd be a big friendly thing, probably. I can see possibly playing a 2v2v2 or a 3v3 for real, but (as everyone else says) the levels would need to accomodate.

I don't mind losing, actually. Not when it's just about fun.

Zink

Smash Champion
Meh. I dunno what your experience is, but I'm surrounded by utter noobs. So I hate to lose to them, when I know I'm more skilled and could win easily in 1v1, or in some cases 1v2. Especially when I've been fighting well and dominating the match, and they win by fluke.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I like to play smash for fun so sometimes I just hold back so I don't kill the fun for my friends. It's really fun to watch the chaos unfold :chuckle: but of course, if they beat me and gloat about it I put them in 1vs1 and hand their ***** to them.

ºOblivionº

Smash Journeyman
I like to play smash for fun so sometimes I just hold back so I don't kill the fun for my friends. It's really fun to watch the chaos unfold :chuckle: but of course, if they beat me and gloat about it I put them in 1vs1 and hand their ***** to them.
Man.... I didnt know anyone besides me thought like this. I do this all the time and pretty often or just to make the kid feel better about loseing. Beating them repeatively over and over seems to kinda hurt their confidence. If im playing them for the first time I try to 4 stock them at most. And if they rematch me I may 3 stock them the next time. Just to show them im better.

But then another member from their crew comes late into the game watches the 3rd battle.. and I give the kid the win to make him feel better, and suddenly the new spectetor thinks im the worser player ? None the less... thats also ends with me smashing them into a humilating defeat. Now im stuck thinking i was fufilling my part by trying to be nice.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Meh. I dunno what your experience is, but I'm surrounded by utter noobs. So I hate to lose to them, when I know I'm more skilled and could win easily in 1v1, or in some cases 1v2. Especially when I've been fighting well and dominating the match, and they win by fluke.
i can relate to this....but remember that just because you beat them in a 1v1 match doesn't necessarily make you better all around. You might be far superior in 1v1, but about equal in a free-for-all. It takes different kinds of skills to win different types of matches. :) they probably just team up on you in free for all huh?

FrostByte

Smash Lord
FFA takes no skill whatsoever. If I want to win a FFA, I'd camp on the edge of a stage or the wall tech heaven in Hyrule castle while everyone else battles it out. The only time when losing is remotely "fun" is when I get beat by somebody who I acknowledge is at a higher skill level than myself.

8p FFA on confined stages, the person with the best range or power wins. Getting hit by random tips/rests/superpunches/chargeshot is not fun either.

Sensai

Smash Master
Wasn't there a time that you played Smash BEFORE advanced techs? Am I the only one to remember those good ol' days?

It was about the chaos, about the pandemonium. Sure, it's not the best way to play, but it is refreshing to pick G/W and do a huge FFA.

(At a tourney this past weekend, we did a Coin Battle all IC's on FoD. Lagged like crazy.)

Pecans

Smash Rookie
I'd personally love to see up to 8 players and can find no good reason to argue against it seeing as how you would never have to play it. Having weighed in on that, might I say the battle of preference that is sure to begin is pointless. I personally prefer 4 player matches of a less serious nature, but there is no real point in arguing about whether this is the pure smash experience or whether 1 v. 1 is. People seem to have it set in stone that 1 v. 1 is only for serious smashers out to make a name and prove who is better and that 4 player matches are all about being free spirited and fun ...or something. Is 1. v. 1. not obviously more fun for some? It is obviously their puritan smashing experience.

Me? I like to camp out and spam missles. Probabally into the backs of players much better than me.

(Didn't mean to get off topic but the words done filled up in me like da holy spirit in a balloon.)

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Wasn't there a time that you played Smash BEFORE advanced techs? Am I the only one to remember those good ol' days?

It was about the chaos, about the pandemonium. Sure, it's not the best way to play, but it is refreshing to pick G/W and do a huge FFA.

(At a tourney this past weekend, we did a Coin Battle all IC's on FoD. Lagged like crazy.)
I remeber! more than 4 FTW!!

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Haha, since when did smash become all about winning?!?!?! Hm, yeah I can see it now. Someone's gonna end up getting hit by everything at once. Imagine flying from Ness' baseball bat into Mario's flame hand then up into a donkey punch from DK and spiraling down into Samus' charge shot before being Falcon punched in the opposite direction. With 8 people, it definitely becomes Chaos, of course it also means that there will be alot of those stories like. "Remember that time that you and that other Mario both f-smashed me at the same time? That was crazy as hell!!" And other war stories of the sort. Viva 8 player mode. Oh, and tag team matches would be sweet actually. Of course, you'd have to make it so they share the same lives. As in, 4 lives for a team of two so they have to strategize and work together well enough to survive. Also, mutlti team battles would be amazing as well!! Oh, and knowing nintendo, they'll make some way as to fix any lag or screwups that the online play may receive. Look at their online setup so far! It's pretty darn sweet if you ask me.

Ps: To blue bomber22 OH YEAH!!! Megaman for brawl!!! Now do you want Megaman X Or Regular megaman? Oh, and I think Zero would be sweet also...super sweet. PM me about it.

Pecans

Smash Rookie
Those "war stories" are what it's all about verily.

I forget what is the difference between normal and X? Megaman that is.

Sensai

Smash Master
X is the more supped up version. The one where he's a teenager and he's got all those gizmos and gyros! Normal is like...when he was a kid. From the NES era. X is SNES and on.

Yaiba Odoriko

Smash Rookie
If there were 8 people, to have the most team combinations, there would have to be 7 colors. Red, blue, green, orange, yellow, purple...and pink. :laugh: And there would have to be at least 8 costumes for everybody. Hopefully they wont just change colors, but have actual different costumes. (pichu, pikachu, and jiggs for example)

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Haha, since when did smash become all about winning?!?!?! Hm, yeah I can see it now. Someone's gonna end up getting hit by everything at once. Imagine flying from Ness' baseball bat into Mario's flame hand then up into a donkey punch from DK and spiraling down into Samus' charge shot before being Falcon punched in the opposite direction. With 8 people, it definitely becomes Chaos, of course it also means that there will be alot of those stories like. "Remember that time that you and that other Mario both f-smashed me at the same time? That was crazy as hell!!" And other war stories of the sort. Viva 8 player mode. Oh, and tag team matches would be sweet actually. Of course, you'd have to make it so they share the same lives. As in, 4 lives for a team of two so they have to strategize and work together well enough to survive. Also, mutlti team battles would be amazing as well!! Oh, and knowing nintendo, they'll make some way as to fix any lag or screwups that the online play may receive. Look at their online setup so far! It's pretty darn sweet if you ask me.

Ps: To blue bomber22 OH YEAH!!! Megaman for brawl!!! Now do you want Megaman X Or Regular megaman? Oh, and I think Zero would be sweet also...super sweet. PM me about it.
You my friend have summed up the main reason i play smash, and also the main reason i want more than 4 players!!! i'd +rep u if i could ;)

p.s. i pm'd u

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't know why people care so much about winning.

"4 player FFA takes no skill, anyone can win" blah blah blah. SSB is supposed to be fun not about who has the most skill and who wins the most.

kithkin

Smash Champion
halo sucks if not online. but lets not get into discussion, that is my opinion.

but i agree, its not about winning, maybe tournaments, but did you ever see a FFA tournament? no.

and 8 players would be good, but only would work online, cause classis controllers cant do it. only GC controllers can, and maybe modded classic controllers i guess.

but lan/online, actually interestingly enough think about having 4 people one team, one tv, and the opposing team another, that would be awesome for tournaments and things.

hm depends on how they do it, could be good or bad (if they do at all)

my only hope is that there isnt a freaking ranking system on the online, do you know how much that would suck?

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Hey now. Me and my friends always played ffa Halo after playin smash. Until his xbox broke. But now Emanual got the xbox 360. So when where not playin smash. We play halo 2 and gears of wars. Though i get bored of gears of wars after a while. But then again. Thats probably cause i specatate more than I play.

But back on the subject. 4v4 is just nasty. And the stages are big enough for it. JUst think team super smashes. Freakin group attack. 1. Example Link, Yoshi,Samus, and Fox. Vs whoever. Link Jumps on yoshi. Starts shooting arrows as yoshi runs. Samus does back up with missles. fox protects samus.

pirate-404

Smash Cadet
Eight players? Maybe for certain online modes. I wouldn't mind seeing four versus four crew battles. But, I definitely wouldn't want to see an eight player free-for-all. That'd be far too chaotic.

Sensai

Smash Master
Thunderslf said:
I hate fanboys, I love Smash and Halo though.
See? That's a problem: I dislike Halo, thus I'm a fanboy? False dilemma, my friend. Logical fallacies! Shaningens!

And yes, I've played it. I played it when it first came out, as it was the only thing anyone with an Xbox would play ('cause that's all there was...). It was fun for a bit, and then I'd go home and be like 'Oh...Counter Strike.' I'd sit down, load up, and play. Then, I'd be like 'Wow. Halo is fun in groups, but to say it's good is a stretch.'

Seriously. The only reason anyone remembers it is because of its importance to (almost) saving the original 'box.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Almost saving the X-Box? As if the GameCube sold any better, hell the GCN sold the worst out of all consoles.

Sensai

Smash Master
Thunderslf said:
Almost saving the X-Box? As if the GameCube sold any better, hell the GCN sold the worst out of all consoles.
In the greatest country (it's really ****ty) of the You-Es-and-Aye!

Only, in the USA. Everywhere else besides here, the GC did better then the 'box.

And regardless...give me 10 titles on the 'box that are worth playing. I'll help you out:

Halo
Halo2
Fable

....give me 7 more. And bonus points if 7/10 of them aren't racing or FPS.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Knights of the old republic 1 and 2, Odd world Stranger. 3 more for you, I don't own a xbox so I don't know all of the games worth playing but I know those 3 are good.

Sensai

Smash Master
Halo
Halo2
Fable
KotoR
KotoR2

I'm not counting Oddworld, as I've never even heard of it before. If it's the general agreement that it's worth being on the list, then it can go on.

[Edit:]

I'm being really nice and allowing games that came out on both the Xbox and the PC...if I was being really critical (which I should be), both Halo and Fable should be taken off that list.

I'm not sure about the other 3, although I know Halo 2 is coming to PC soon.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Oddworld messed up due to lack of advertising, but it's unique in my eyes, you'd have to go out of your way to compare to a more famous game [if you play Oddworld].

Malificent

Smash Apprentice
I am not an Xbox fan what so ever, in fact i would love it if Micro**** stopped making consoles, but I hated halo2 with a passion, and the ONLY... ONLY... game I ever bought an Xbox for was "Ninja Gaiden", everything else was worthless, besides Halo:CE...

Top Bottom