• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More than four players this time?

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone hope that Brawl will be compatible with 4+ players instead of just 4? With the game using the GameCube controlers, I think it'd be nice if it was also compatible with Classic Controlers too, and you can use both in one game and if that's possible we can plug 4 GameCube controlers in and 4 Classic Controlers in to make a freaking Battle Royal. Of course there will be levels that are too small to handle big numbers, so there will be two types of levels, normal levels (Avalible for 1-4 players) and giant levels (Avalible for all numbers of people, but suggested for 4+). Also, 4+ people could work online and on LAN and stuff. Does anyone hope with over 4 players at once? Personally if they make some levels big enough it could work and be alot of fun.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I doubt you would be able to use the classic controllers. But online...it may be different.

Sensai

Smash Master
Do people even search anymore? There are at least 2 other topics about this, fo' sho'.

And I would love to see more then 4 people, but I don't think it'll happen unless it's online or wireless LAN.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
id LOVE the chaos, but a big problem with this would be that with much smaller stages it would be alot harder to actually get people to the edges, such as with hyrule temple

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Nope. 4 is good.
But 8 is better]/quote]

I'm going to have to agree with Thunder.

No, 8 is chaos.
And what, praytell, is wrong with chaos?

And I would love to see more then 4 people, but I don't think it'll happen unless it's online or wireless LAN.
And the difference between that and at home?

Theres already topics on dis search plz. And chaos is gd but too much of a gd thing can be fatal to a game sometimes
Never spell good as "gd" again or I'll have to kill your family. Not to mention that logic... well, doesn't really support anything. Examples?

Also, Nintendo has stated it will use GC controllers only.
Nintendo never stated anything. Sakurai stated that main game play would be done with GameCube controllers. That doesn't exclude anything, only implies more.

I believe that covers all the issues in this topic.
Woot for eight people. What fun matches those would be. No more passing the controller, either. Also, Thunder is right. It just matters on the size of the maps. Plus, lag shouldn't be a problem, except for potentially online.

Sensai

Smash Master
Oh boy....
Joner said:
Also, Nintendo has stated it will use GC controllers only.
Nintendo actually didn't say this. Sakurai said something LIKE this, saying that we might wanna keep our GC controllers.
Kashakunaki said:
And the difference between that [referring to Wireless LAN and online] and at home?
The difference is that most people don't have 2 Wiis. Do you? I just meant that on one Wii, it'll be difficult to make it more then 4 players (unless they really do use Classic Controllers).
Kashakunaki said:
Not to mention that logic... well, doesn't really support anything. Examples?
Red Steel is the first thing that comes to mind. While not a bad game, it's certainly not a great one. The second, and slightly more subtle game related thing that springs up is the PS3.
bugball said:
8 =online lag
Online = online lag. Anything online will have some amount of lag, regardless. Believe it or not, most people aren't dumb. They know that if they play with 7 others, it's gonna lag. People who play with 8 wouldn't really be all that concerned.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
That's the beauty of 8 player functionality, if you don't mind the lag (If any), then play 8 players! If not, then play 6. The more the merrier.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
with the online capability they could have like 8 players with a tag team game. You could have 2 players on each team fighting and then switch off with the other 2 players when ever they feel like it. its a rough idea with a lot of errors in it but nintendo could pull it off.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
Ugh. 4 player is random enough as it is. With 8 player, it's just Falcon Punch spam.
Oh great, that's an entire round of," Show me your-Show me your mo-show m- show me yo- show me your moves- show - moves- me your- show me your- moves"

8 is to much except on Hyrule temple. 6 is much nicer. 3 on 3 would be decent enough. But nothing more then 6.

Zink

Smash Champion
Seriously, 4 player FFA is already basically whoever spams a strong move the best wins. 8 would be much worse.

Sensai

Smash Master
Your posts are all lovely and everything, except Oblivion's grammatical errors (I kid!), but none of the opposing seem to have grasped the fact that it might not necessarily be a FFA. It might be a 3v3 or, even better, a 2v2v2.

That's for 6, you can guess what 8 would mean.

Sensai

Smash Master
I think that 'chaos' is a good thing, especially since you don't HAVE to play in this 'chaos'.

Sure, you guys (some of you) are saying that 4 FFA is a crazy experience. But when was the last time you were forced to play in a 4 FFA? Never? Thought so.

No one would force you into 8 FFA or 6 FFA.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
I think that 'chaos' is a good thing, especially since you don't HAVE to play in this 'chaos'.

Sure, you guys (some of you) are saying that 4 FFA is a crazy experience. But when was the last time you were forced to play in a 4 FFA? Never? Thought so.

No one would force you into 8 FFA or 6 FFA.
While that does hold true I think playing 8 at once would be bad regardless of your personal choice. Can you imagine 8 people on Yoshi's Island? It's madness! If the maps where all to be about the size of Hyrule temple or bigger, then it could work.

Sensai

Smash Master
I think that they'd definitely have bigger maps to accomodate for more people (think Sector Z from 64).

And I think it'd be excellent to have an 8 player FFA with everyone being G/W. Seriously....that'd be awesome.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
That's the biggest truth. If everyone was on other sides, it'd be so friggin tiny. If everyone was in the same place, it'd be utter chaos.

And chaos is not the best thing. Even with 4 players, there's some semblance of strategy. 6, I could see, but any more than that, I really don't think so.

rob1610

Smash Rookie
The beauty of Smash Bros. is that it is very different from the rest, which includes that it is not bound to any rules (no health, but still able to win). This is the winnig formula that makes Smash Bros. the bets fighting game/series ever. In the original on the Nintendo 64, 4 player carnage was what everyone wanted and loved. In Melee, they extended on that a little bit by having 6 players, only 1 was human, in certain parts of single player. Now I know I had lag on that once or twice in Melee with that. I find 4 players on one console is plenty! Everyone does. That's one reason why most games that feature online play is usually 1 or 2 people. Few games allow for 4 on one system online. So to have up to 4 players on one console and have online play for up to 6 or 8 players in one match would be cool. On the one console, no LAN or online, up to 6 players with up to 4 human players would be cool.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
They technically did this for the wire frame team when you had to battle them. I wouldn't see the problem only if most of the stages designs are larger.

This would most definately open up the door with online game play & all. More people could have at it. I'm gonna say the limit should be 6 players at a time. That wouldn't be hectic at all.

Top Bottom