• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

Divinokage

Smash Legend
lol

tmr, montreal (its pretty much in the center of montreal)
i speak french btw

I think weeklies would be a good place to start....is it still melee exclusive or its now brawl and some ppl play melee while they are there?
Ya there are some people that still play melee, like me.. lol

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
the people that still play melee all live in weird places like west island, and Saint-whatever.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

well, gr8ape, the top players still play melee, but we all live pretty far apart. Jarc moved near metro sauvé, so it's not that bad (he lived in the far west for a while, with korn and dope). kage, matt are in the west island. vwins is ste-thérèse, bam in in blainville, pkm in st-jérôme; in other words, effing far. I'm near beaubien and viau. agony wants to learn up melee in mtl-burning.

most of the top melee players in montreal did not get into brawl that much (well test likes the game, but even him says that the game fails sometimes). vwins damax and me play brawl sometimes, but the game is just so frustrating.

the people who were not that good in melee and complaining that the skill gap was unreachable swarmed towards brawl. new people joined the community as well. hence, this is why there is a lot of "brawl vs melee" bs around here. I think brawl is good... like 40% of the time. the other 60% I feel like stabbing kittens.

filauc

Smash Journeyman
I just want to go there and say " so, who's the best " and then a guy will come and I'll say " MM?" and he'll ask me who do you main and stuff y'know so I'll say " I main Ganondorf " he'll say alright bo3 so I counterpick with Marth(If I lose LOL) and then $$$

Steb

Smash Journeyman
@gr8ape

Weeklies thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90446&page=85

The main game is brawl, but we can have a melee set up and we have enough people that play melee.

I just want to go there and say " so, who's the best " and then a guy will come and I'll say " MM?" and he'll ask me who do you main and stuff y'know so I'll say " I main Ganondorf " he'll say alright bo3 so I counterpick with Marth(If I lose LOL) and then $$$
What if you still lose?

TestRider

Smash Ace

(well test likes the game, but even him says that the game fails sometimes)..

I don't actually like Brawl per se, I just like Brawl's Zelda. Besides Melee sucks and is pretty much dead around here, if you really want to get into a game at a competitive level there are plenty of better options out there.

Damax

Smash Lord
I don't actually like Brawl per se, I just like Brawl's Zelda. Besides Melee sucks and is pretty much dead around here, if you really want to get into a game at a competitive level there are plenty of better options out there.
thats what I thought, working at SC4. its not bad, surprising opponent is a big part of it, and I like.

(how's the 2 spamin?)

zaf

Smash Lord
LOL I feel it too
As usual it's 7 or 8 people if Zaf comes with his tv
But I wanna know when is the best day for all you guy since you all have school and ****?(especially Zaf)
Let's have one this saturday. As in tomorrow. I have the afternoon free. So like anywhere after 1 pm till 10pm im good.

chet better come >.<

thats what I thought, working at SC4. its not bad, surprising opponent is a big part of it, and I like.

(how's the 2 spamin?)
do you have the 360 version or ps3 version? cuz i wanna play with ya.

Hungover in class. Wordup Agony.
**** being hung over in class, i actually go to class drunk and i bring elefs mom

gr8ape

Smash Apprentice

well, gr8ape, the top players still play melee, but we all live pretty far apart. Jarc moved near metro sauvé, so it's not that bad (he lived in the far west for a while, with korn and dope). kage, matt are in the west island. vwins is ste-thérèse, bam in in blainville, pkm in st-jérôme; in other words, effing far. I'm near beaubien and viau. agony wants to learn up melee in mtl-burning.

most of the top melee players in montreal did not get into brawl that much (well test likes the game, but even him says that the game fails sometimes). vwins damax and me play brawl sometimes, but the game is just so frustrating.

the people who were not that good in melee and complaining that the skill gap was unreachable swarmed towards brawl. new people joined the community as well. hence, this is why there is a lot of "brawl vs melee" bs around here. I think brawl is good... like 40% of the time. the other 60% I feel like stabbing kittens.
brawl is good till your friends realise that snake/metaknight is in the game. then it becomse completely boring

do you go to the weeklies? ive seen some vids of you/vwins and id really like to play some people of your caliber

zaf

Smash Lord
I want to play brawl to practice and test some **** with my ZSS
yea come to "c" lets if you wanna play. Im sure fiL will be there. You can play and test your zss against me and him.

Also stebs diddy is someone you want to play against, as well as fizzi's snake if he comes. So all in all, you should have enough hard match ups to fully test zss

is this serious? lol

But at the weeklies I can just come and go "melee anyone?" and there will be melee?
Yea there is usually a melee set up on one of the tvs.

Kage, chet, fhatiuk, techiyo and agony are some of the people who tend to play melee more. Although chet has work/school now.

You also have to pay the $7 entry fee, or $5 if you bring your own gamecube and it is used.

zaf

Smash Lord
The thing is if we had more great Snake/Metaknight players, the skill in Montreal would increase dramatically...
well fizzi is a new great snake player we have. Steb can play snake, and elef has made more appearances now. We also have ally, who will come to more weeklies now. So we have some snakes to look forward to fighting.

Also, i don't see why my mk doesn't get much credit. I am one of the few people who can beat fil, and not by fluke or luck. I also consistently beat other people who i play. There really isn't anyone else who plays mk seriously. People just don't like his style/game play.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I just realized no one really mains Meta Knight or Snake around here. Maybe no one here wants to play top tiers for some reason, lol.

My Diddy isn't that great. Its just no one knew how to deal with bananas, and when they did, I got beaten pretty badly (filauc, Ally, Percon). Kirt beat my Diddy with his Sonic at the weeklies because of his dash attack.

@'C'let: when's your smashfest? I wanna come

@gr8ape: Depends if we need all tvs for brawl. Shouldn't be too crowded anymore so there should be enough demand to have a melee set-up

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
/QUOTE]

okay it's saturday as in tomorrow
1-zaf with TV :D (do you want the parking spot?)
2-bento
3-fizzi
4-kirt (maybe ) :p
5- steb
6- elef (no chokes)
Vwins are you coming?
fil can you make it?
EDIT: if more people want to come bento can bring his TV and we can have a third setup so I can hold up to 10 or 11

zaf

Smash Lord
Yeah I just realized no one really mains Meta Knight or Snake around here. Maybe no one here wants to play top tiers for some reason, lol.

My Diddy isn't that great. Its just no one knew how to deal with bananas, and when they did, I got beaten pretty badly (filauc, Ally, Percon). Kirt beat my Diddy with his Sonic at the weeklies because of his dash attack.

@gr8ape: Depends if we need all tvs for brawl. Shouldn't be too crowded anymore so there should be enough demand to have a melee set-up
i dont think i ever played your diddy, ima play 'em at "c"lets

/QUOTE]

okay it's saturday as in tomorrow
1-zaf with TV :D (do you want the parking spot?)
2-bento
3-fizzi
4-kirt (maybe ) :p
5- steb
Vwins are you coming?
fil can you make it?
EDIT: if more people want to come bento can bring his TV and we can have a third setup so I can hold up to 10 or 11
Yea ill bring a tv, should i bring 2? and yea id like the parking spot please

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I don't have a TV :p. I mean, Zaf offered to bring 2. We're gonna need wii's too though right?

Top Bottom