• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
/emo

Brawl really sucks, in my point of view this game will never be competive
IMO if you hit a character with the same move like more than 2 times he will bounce differently than usual so random DI I guess? the gameplay is slower and its more like spam your moves spaced until you hit... No more cool combos and flashy stuff everyone look noob.
What else.....................

also no grab game pretty much I guess the game is just different but I dont like it and wont play it. gonna stick to melee hope the community dont leave SSBM
for SSBB
I remember saying the same thing about melee way back when it first came out...

cF=)

Smash Lord
The difference is, we had 4 years to accumulate knowledge that we just lost. The game now hinders my movement in all the techniques I lost, while I can still easily switch from melee to n64.

/opinion

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
err who r u again? xD

Im just saying that I wont spend another 4 years of my life trying to adjust to a new game.
sure I will play brawl for fun once in a while but its just dump the fact that I was owning people at brawl when it was the 3rd time i was playing it when my opponenent played it for weeks that game so random xD
anyway gg brawl robert for new elef

whitegaurd

Smash Apprentice
I got Brawll!!!
For people that haven't played brawl, its really different. Yeah, I agree with what bam said. This game has no grab game whatsoever. I find its a good game with a lot of potential to be competitive.

Smokey

Smash Rookie
Im going to pick up Brawl at the store right now Im playing Zero Suit Samus for sure I wanna see for myself if this game has any potential at all

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
really?

I saw like 20 copies of the game at a zellers, wasn't even a lineup or anything. I just picked it up without even looking for it even though I don't have a wii heh

MarcoMTL

Smash Rookie
2578-2380-1353 addez-moi s.v.p. Je suis tanné de jouer avec du monde qui habitent à l'autre bout du monde :S

je prendrais ben vos friend code aussi sinon.. euh, ca marche pas XD (c'est crissement mal fait)

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
Ouais, maintenant je comprends ce que Vwins voulait dire à propos de ZSamus... O_o

Moi y'en restait plein chez Futureshop Anjou...

Tran

Smash Rookie
moi avec quand jy ete en acheter y en restait plein surement a cause de la tempete ^^

BentoBox

Smash Master
5155-2623-1628

wiiiiiiiiii

@Damax: y'en avait plein au centre-vill, dimanche a 10:00 :) Je l'avais précommendé mais j'ai pas vraiment compris ou se situait mon avantage comparer au 15 autres personnes en ligne qui ne l'avait pas p-c... tk.

@Phen: the Wii wasn't yours? :O FC plz

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
you don't live down town montreal......

zellers is NOT popular.

there's none left at my eb games/futureshop/walmart
Actually I live in toronto now. Not downtown toronto but I thought it would be more... empty.

Oh well no preorder brawl is good stuff now I need a wii lmfao

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Challenge to all: listen to this song the whole way, in complete silence!

http://www.esnips.com/doc/d06d9553-157c-44f0-a93e-7b68bafdcd14/Roxanne---Original

If you laugh at all, your next post must contain "I lose, Joel is amazing." If you don't want to post this I suggest you do not click my song. And if you click it, I hold it to you to your word that you sit through the entire thing. That is all.

You get nothing if you win. :)

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
2578-2380-1353 addez-moi s.v.p. Je suis tanné de jouer avec du monde qui habitent à l'autre bout du monde :S

je prendrais ben vos friend code aussi sinon.. euh, ca marche pas XD (c'est crissement mal fait)

Heh jvais tadd aussi Tu prendra mon Fc dans mon profile....

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
rocking like a hurricane!

also, the main thing that would make me not play brawl is the fact that I spend most of my time trying to find a killing move with my characters, and it's a ***** when you have to save a move to kill with it. Some characters have moves that are easy to use and kill well (snake's utilt, zss's fwd+b), but most of the time I'm trying to land each and every move until I finally find "1" single move that can kill. Like, Fox can deal damage fairly well imo, but if you connect usmash once and it doesn't kill, then you're ****ed. Fsmash doesn't kill, and dsmash is hard to put in since you can't cancel dashes with anything else than your shield.

Micky Mouse

Smash Rookie
bon ben comme jai decider de me remettre a smash on risque de se recroiser plus souvent. demain je vais vous poster mon numero de wii au plaisir de braler avec vous autre!!

Smokey

Smash Rookie
Hmh...I played for like 8 hours straight. ITs a totally new game nothing like melee most chars from melee have been nerfed drastically. Like Marth Peach Falco Fox they all suck now. Zero Suit Samus is AWESOME though. Gameplay is slower and Im always trying to wavedash(refllex) and it ****s me up

Im still missing some chars though dont have Ganon Sonic Toon Link Jigglypuff Wolf

And are there any combos chaingrabs at all in this game?

Damax

Smash Lord
Hmh...I played for like 8 hours straight. ITs a totally new game nothing like melee most chars from melee have been nerfed drastically. Like Marth Peach Falco Fox they all suck now. Zero Suit Samus is AWESOME though. Gameplay is slower and Im always trying to wavedash(refllex) and it ****s me up

Im still missing some chars though dont have Ganon Sonic Toon Link Jigglypuff Wolf

moi aussi sur le premier jour... SSE... lol j'ai unlock tout les chars/stages en 1 jours genre lol

falco peut down throw chain grab at low percent (depends on character)

DDD peut chain throw avec le dashing shield grab (down throw)

ya des rumeurs de DK downthrow chain grab mais j'y crois pas.

Marth/fox/falco/peace ne suce pas, ils sont différent. Fox's up smash/up air still kick *** ya le dashing shine qui est en developpement (shine cancel a la SSB64). peach's utilt est ****ing fort elle a le glide toss aussi!. marth peut tip sur TOUT ses coups pis si tu joue avec sa yer fou. falco chain grabs + pro back air, down air peut encore spike... son fair est utilisable asteur! etc..

tu connectera ta wii pis tu me donnera ton brawl code comme sa jpourrait te botter online

@big rick: yeah steal whatever you need bro.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
i've played maybe 12 hours or so of brawl now, some impressions:
- no more crounch cancelling, no l-cancelling are huge improvements. Games lesss about mashing buttons (l-cancelling is really easy anyways, not a big deal)
-a lot of moves do not have enough knockback and way too much lag. You get retaliated against at low %'s alot unless your spacing bairs...
-bairs are all nuts. like 3 characters dont have one thats not absolutely ********. The best one? Idk, but ike, marth and squirtle have really ****ing nuts ones.
-Peach sucks ****, her 2nd jump goes less high then her air dodge in melee and she flaots so ****ing slow. Dress does 6 ****ing percent damage, jesus christ.
-Marth is perhaps even more nuts (comparatively). he has huge range, huge priority and huge knockback. His sideb is virtually unpunishable. His recovery is kind of meh but its usually not a big deal.
-Dedede autowins against a lot of characters, his chain grab is really nuts. I find myself stuck spamming his front tilt, up tilt, side b and his aerrials alot. not a lot of smashes from this guy.
-Snake is really cool, his mine stuff is awesome, i really like how you can set stuff up. His back throw is VISCIOUS and completely *****. His front tilt does 21 and is really good and his A combo is awesome too. I love this guy, may be one of my mains.
-Diddy is nuts too, kidn of like squirtle. high priority, has a projectile, small guy, really fast. I ***** ike with him just by being so much faster then him
-I don't like sonic very much. he lacks killing power. Meta knight i feel the same way about. They only have a few moves each that kill people despite otherwise having lots of fast and damaging attacks.
-Lucas is ****ign awesome, cool projectiles, graet smashes, great tilts, great aerials... This guy its really nuts and is so mcuh better then ness.
-Captain falcon sucks **** too, his stomp is practically unsuable and the knee nerf is pretty harsh. so much less comboability.
-ivysaur is my least favorite pokemon, im still learning charizard but i think he'll be in the middle of the 3. Ivysaur has some cool up/down moves but attacking the sides with him is really tough as his si de moves suck.
-pikachus down smash is the new dress, it's too bad all his aerials (except down) suck ****.\
-yoshi still sucks
-Ike is monstrous against medium/slow characters. against fast characters i have trouble landing stuff. I stick to his front and up tilts, his neutral combo (which is nuts) his upsmash, and his aerials (which iare all pretty awesome). His side B is also suprisingly good for catchign people off guard and catching up to campy ***s, i think ike is really good.
-Falco seems really bad, i thought at first he was decent but i dont like him at all now
-Fox is worse, but not too bad. he's probably around the middle.
-Link is pretty decent, but toon link is so much more ****
-Wario sucks prertty hard, his moves are ****ign slow and not strong at all. Plus **** recovery, bottom tier candidate imo.
-Zelda is pretty unimpressive now that her lightning kicks are nerfed (a la captain falcon's knee)
-samus seems pretty meh, didnt play enough ZSS to say much
-Donkley Kong seems improved (well at least at my skill level). No more super gay chain grabbing but his back air is as nuts as ever.
-Bowser is definetly better, not sure how good he is thoguh. the suicide grab thing iss really really nuts though.
-Pit is excellent. Amazing recovery, great priority, great damage. His projectile is nuts too and cmopletely spammable (even though it only does 2 with diminishing returns. Low killing power but definetly not at sonic or metaknights level there.
- i want to play more toon link, need to unlcok him
- **** all the furries, they're gay adn stuff
-neutral a combos do like 20-30% often, soooooo good.

I'm having more fun with the game then i am with melee. The gameplay is slow and clunky, yes, but i'm having a lot of fun still. I thought items would be cool but they're so overpowered its not fun at all.

BentoBox

Smash Master
rocking like a hurricane!

also, the main thing that would make me not play brawl is the fact that I spend most of my time trying to find a killing move with my characters, and it's a ***** when you have to save a move to kill with it. Some characters have moves that are easy to use and kill well (snake's utilt, zss's fwd+b), but most of the time I'm trying to land each and every move until I finally find "1" single move that can kill. Like, Fox can deal damage fairly well imo, but if you connect usmash once and it doesn't kill, then you're ****ed. Fsmash doesn't kill, and dsmash is hard to put in since you can't cancel dashes with anything else than your shield.
The game keeps track of the last 9 moves you've used iirc, if you laser'd your foe 9 times, your u-smash would gain back its full strength. Try it =o Also, d-smash is your best ground killer by far, but to use it you'd have to punish lag. Brawl is pretty much all about punishing lag since there's no safe method of approach that leads into a decent combo stream. Imo.

I'm faced with pretty much the same problem as I'm maining sheik atm D:~ D-smash and U-smash are my ground killers, U-air, B-air are my only killers in the air, but if the ceiling is high or if the guy i'm playing against knows how to DI, it takes me just about forever to get a kill... I was fighting Melaf yesterday and I had to get him up to 150+ to have a decent chance at killing him while he'd F-smash me at 65% = instaKO. Ike = :(

add me peeps! I think I got all of you~
5155-2623-1628

Some characters like the ICs, Falco, D3 can chaingrab, but most of the cast can't do anything after throwing.

Oh and you guys need to use IRC -> #smashworld, irc.eu.gamesurge.net

Smokey

Smash Rookie
Damax: Sorry bro jai pas de net a la maison. Toute facon jaime pas trop jouer online c pas le meme feeling jaime ca jouer avec mon advsersaire a cote de moi haha pour pouvoir talk **** ou au moins parler de quelque chose et chiller. Max tu connais tu des ****s avec ZSS? Un combo ou keke chose

Micky Mouse

Smash Rookie
mon fc c'est : 1461-5868-0728. tout ceux qui on le net adder moi quon puisse se tapper dessus et que le meilleur gagne. en voyer aussi les votre jen ai trouver que 5 marco daisy bento agora et damax si il y en a dautre qui en on poster les au plus vite

Top Bottom