• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dice said:
**** straight makes my life easy, I need to be able to play some sort of imbalanced char... Once you stop hiding and come back to Ottawa you can come "falcon stomp my *** straight". :p :p
you're already using an imbalanced character. they are all imba. Fox, we know why. Sheik, broken. Marth, lame as crap. Falco, crap dair, crap feggit no mind games monkey *** punk. Peach, too much priority, broken altogether. Doc, gay cape, nice weight. I could go on and on. Only crap chars are like, M2 and pichu, bowser and crap. anyway... if I can beat Foxes with my falcon you should just train more.

Vwins

Smash Ace
Wak said:
<_<

>_>

vwins est pas dans le coin? so jpeux poster sans me faire critiquer?
kryptocide is underrated though, I went to his house and he 3 stocked me EVERY GAME!
chester, pkmvodka... you're not anymore my teacher. Kryptocide is da ****!

pis moi personnellement jtrouve que prendre nimporte quel bon bonome dans le jeu c'est de vouloir avoir la vie facile... moé, kryptocide pis damax on est la future génération de joueurs paskon utilise pas de top tier. vive nous.

*still expect a bunch of **** before vwins see my post >_>*
je suis toujours la c juste que ca me tentais pas de méterniser sur des hate post pendant 4 pages. Ca me dérenge pas que tu post.
Sur une note plus positive je trouve que ton avatar y torche :)

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
chesterr01 said:
you're already using an imbalanced character. they are all imba. Fox, we know why. Sheik, broken. Marth, lame as crap. Falco, crap dair, crap feggit no mind games monkey *** punk. Peach, too much priority, broken altogether. Doc, gay cape, nice weight. I could go on and on. Only crap chars are like, M2 and pichu, bowser and crap. anyway... if I can beat Foxes with my falcon you should just train more.

There is so such thing as a perfectly balanced fighter. The only difference between fighters are how unbalanced they are. Plus, had they all been balanced it would have sucked, now wouldnt it? The real question to be asking ourselves now is just how unbalanced Smash is. Is it so unbalanced that this problem is killing the game or is it passable?

kryptocide

Smash Apprentice
Wak said:
<_<

>_>

vwins est pas dans le coin? so jpeux poster sans me faire critiquer?
kryptocide is underrated though, I went to his house and he 3 stocked me EVERY GAME!
chester, pkmvodka... you're not anymore my teacher. Kryptocide is da ****!

pis moi personnellement jtrouve que prendre nimporte quel bon bonome dans le jeu c'est de vouloir avoir la vie facile... moé, kryptocide pis damax on est la future génération de joueurs paskon utilise pas de top tier. vive nous.

*still expect a bunch of **** before vwins see my post >_>*
LMFAO ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
chesterr01 said:

Dice

Smash Lord
chesterr01 said:
The reason why you can beat foxes with your falcon is because you are better at this game than all the foxes in EC Canda.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
Mystic Viper said:
There is so such thing as a perfectly balanced fighter. The only difference between fighters are how unbalanced they are. Plus, had they all been balanced it would have sucked, now wouldnt it? The real question to be asking ourselves now is just how unbalanced Smash is. Is it so unbalanced that this problem is killing the game or is it passable?
Hey Maelle,

Please move out of my town. I really can't support your attitude anymore!
-Legendary R Master, K-Star

XD you put way too much time in your letter writing....

and then she made fun of you. haha

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Mystic Viper said:
Melee is very unbalanced because the devs developped it to be a party game. Also, if you compare the changes that have been made from smash 64, it would seem like they balanced the original characters b4 adding the new ones, and they didn't bother to test out the new chars b4 release.

The former top tier chars (Pika, Ness and Kirby) are pure crap now... omg they've been nerfed to death! And now the god chars are all new chars, except fox.

The lack of balance doesn't kill the game though, because it's quite fun, there's still a nice selection of playable tourney chars, and there's a lot of counterpicking that can be done.

EDIT: Pika isn't pure crap, since he's like my 2nd fav character... But Ness and Kirby sux

VKris

Smash Cadet
Well anyways, I'd like to see some tourneys here in Montreal, send me an email and we could hopefully see this actually happen. Something with a BYOC, and it costs a bit winner wins 80% of cash earned, rest goes to host...for hosting.

cF=)

Smash Lord
BigRick said:
But Ness and Kirby sux
You never played a good Ness don't you ? I'd like to see your pikachu vs my Ness. Kind of a balance matchup if you want my opinion. Ness Fair -> Utilt -> Juggle is simply crazy when you can DJFFL correctly.

VKris = Vwins miniature ?!

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
cF=) said:
You never played a good Ness don't you ? I'd like to see your pikachu vs my Ness. Kind of a balance matchup if you want my opinion. Ness Fair -> Utilt -> Juggle is simply crazy when you can DJFFL correctly.
I knew I'd get that kind of answer... at least you didn't tell me to go watch some of Sinma's vids like plenty of others would've said.

I assume that all of us already know that every char can kick some arse at some point... 'cept Falcon, cause he knees arse. But tiers exist people, and you gotta agree that Ness simply went downhill... For instance,, Ness' SBJ was a hundred times crazier then Fair -> Utilt -> Juggle, his grab range was like Marth's grab range. Dont lie man, I know you miss these things as a Ness player.

Well, I guess I offended you for saying that Ness sux, and I'm sorry for that man. I think I went a little far in my rant, heh.

Back to topic now, I think that Melee was actually designed to be imbalanced. Just look at Link... it seems like the devs tried very hard to make him top tier but they failed. But they didn't miss Mew2 though, that dude weighs 269 pounds in Pokémon and 50 pounds in Smash. It's like they put him on Weight Watchers or sumtin...

cF=)

Smash Lord
BigRick said:
I assume that all of us already know that every char can kick some arse at some point... 'cept Falcon, cause he knees arse. But tiers exist people, and you gotta agree that Ness simply went downhill... For instance,, Ness' SBJ was a hundred times crazier then Fair -> Utilt -> Juggle, his grab range was like Marth's grab range. Dont lie man, I know you miss these things as a Ness player.
I completely agree ! I miss N64 Ness power, is imba backthrow, incredible PK fire. I just thought you were comparing Pikachu to Ness on Melee which, with tiers approving, seems to be 2 characters of the same level. Don't be sorry man, no hard feelings ;)

And I've understand that there's a limit at some point where a low tier character can't go any better. That's why I got my *** kicked at Chet's december tournament and will never believe, unlike Simna, that Ness can beat top tiers.

Card

Smash Lord
I find Smash one of the most balanced fighting games out there... I'm sure many would agree.

Sure the Tiers are apparent, You'll always have tons of Shiek/Fox/Marth/Peaches at Tournaments, but I find it has alot more to do with Mind-games and Skill than most other fighting games. a Lower Tier'd character can still beat a higher tier character with enough skill/mind-games/etc...

You look at other games like...
Marvel vs Capcom 2; its a Magneto/Storm/Psyloke/Sentinel/Cable orgy at tournaments.
Marvel vs Capcom 1; Wolverine/Strider Hiryu with Colossus Helper, every time.
Capcom vs SNK 2; Blanka/Bison/Sagat/Sakura every which way
Capcom Fighting Evolution; Don't get me started on the beasting of Jedah and Anakaris
Street Fighter 3rd Strike; Someone say Ken?

Of course occasionally with these games you'll have those people who come with these weird mid-tier teams (MikeZ's Juggernaut/Tron Bonne/Dr.Doom) and still come out on top because of their high skill, but usually the above mentioned characters play on just a completely different level of gameplay than the lower tier characters. I personally find this bar to be much more blurred out when it comes to Smash... Team Darkness being a good example of that ;P

I also find that in Smash, alot of people choose a character that fits best with their playstyle, and that they like the most (for a variety of reasons, aesthetics, nostalgia, representation, etc...) whereas in other games they pick characters based off their position in the tier-list. I know for myself when the game was first released, I took Ice Climbers and stuck with them since I just found the idea so cool to have the 2 IC's following eachother. Even though they aren't placed very high on the tier list, I still stick with them. Whereas in a game like CvS2, I remember starting off with like Ryu/Joe/Mai, and now I use Sakura/Hibiki/Rock, because its just so hard to win with low tier characters so I had to change to a higher tier if I stood a chance against my friends.

nox

Smash Apprentice
Meh I don't care about tiers , I would still play Fox if he was the suckiest char...just as long as he kept all his bling bling

:)

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
nox said:
Meh I don't care about tiers , I would still play Fox if he was the suckiest char...just as long as he kept all his bling bling
Didn't you start as a Young Link/Doc player? Then you got impressed by my Fox, just like that scrub Fenostol? nuff said. :embarrass

Dice

Smash Lord
Chester you know what I meant, better than the majority of the foxes. Don't be such a Bill.

nox

Smash Apprentice
chesterr01 said:
Didn't you start as a Young Link/Doc player? Then you got impressed by my Fox, just like that scrub Fenostol? nuff said. :embarrass
My first real main was Falco , anyway yeah ...your Fox impressed the **** out of me and I wanted to do that stuff ...

Locke)

Smash Ace
So chet you do know what's goin on can you update us on the situation? Don't mean to be a jerk or anything but we're all looking forward to this. >_>

Jih

Smash Journeyman
yo locke) if i can do somekind of smashfest would you come over with ur crew? it would be ending june ...

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
chesterr01 said:
Who the **** do you think you are? You don't even know what's going on, put a sock in it.
So much anger, what's wrong Chet? Mad that I can use another one of your characters properly? Lawl.

I KO'ed my friend with Fox's laser the other day, me = level up, you = level down.

Discuss.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
I said I can use him properly, I never said I'm as good as Chet with him. I need more experience before even attempting to say that, which'll never even happen anyways. I'll do the ditto but not for money 'cause it's just like taking a piss in oncoming wind.

In case anyone wants to know (and unless something's changed, this is accurate), Dice uses Captain Falcon, Fox and Mario. So if anyone's like ZOMG HOO DA 2ST-ARIE now you know.

Dice

Smash Lord
Some montreal people know who I am... -_-

And take mario off that list, last time I played mario was at the tournament, and that was the first time I played him in months lol. You can replace him with some random character of your choice for my third char lol

Locke)

Smash Ace
Jih said:
yo locke) if i can do somekind of smashfest would you come over with ur crew? it would be ending june ...
We're a little busy up until the start of july so yah. If you held something would it be at someone's house or a community center? And we'd probably be bussing but we'll talk about it, just get us some more information.

Top Bottom