• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Mafia - Game Over! Was the Beast slain, or did evil overcome?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Zen why are you pushing nac when you've provided better and more enthusiastic a push against Wl who your still trying to lynch on top of that which is mad janky
He has it planned out to LYLO with how we can use each role toNight, essentially. However, I'm not automatically inclined to believe either claim, so I'd rather go for what I see as the likely win toDay.

Now that I'm thinking of it, I think I was trying too hard to justify Laundry's N2 no visit. We probably should have lynched him right there instead of Xatres, but it didn't help that Xatres was wrong about his role name.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Plus why didn't he just target a VT instead of FML? Since I would be the most likely target, my flip would clear FML anyway. Unless he just wanted to "prove" his power further by sending it to me (the one he sees as already on his side) and double clearing a person.

There was literally zero reason to not target a VT claim.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Yeaaaah my vote is staying on Laundry. Apologies for getting on you Zenshemu, I'm glad I thought on it more. However, I'm going back on you if he flips town; your play and claim are still a good bit odd if he's town.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
You don't quite get it, do you? Your plan only works if your role is legitimate, and I have zero reason to believe it is until I see Laundry's flip.

Besides that, Joey is 100% cleared of at least being scum (not indy) in my book. Unless there actually is a fifth scum, Laundry's claim of Joey makes him town. Assuming he's faking and that there's only 4 scum, he has no scum mates left to cover for. That makes it so that Joey's out of the potential lynch pool; if there are 4 scum, Laundry has no scum mates left if he flips scum.

So the lynch pool (in my eyes) unless the game continues after a 4th scum lynch is you, Laundry, and Mac. Even IF Joey is scum thanks to there being 5, we still have those three to pick from thanks to there being one scum left in that situation.

I see zero reason not to lynch Laundry in this situation. At worst, he flips town and leaves you and Mac to get rid of.

You don't quite get it, do you? Your plan only works if your role is legitimate, and I have zero reason to believe it is until I see Laundry's flip.
noooo it works if it isn't too, because if im scum i have to clear laundry or mislynch him then push for the existence of a tailor, getting lynched in LYLO because of how ridiculous that is

also joey can easily be godfather

man **** it, im tired of pushing why this works. the laundry vote is from zen and not me but whatever who cares at this point since laundry is scum you guys dont want a secure win i guess

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
well im already down to lynch whoever isn't me

aka joey and laundry

lmk when we'll actually do that

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Rake and I are gonna reread tonight. If we get to anything we will let you guys now the results

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
So I think that we should all just request Joey to get modkilled at the end of the Day and lynch Laundry, who really seems to not care about winning this game right now.

@ #HBC | Dancer #HBC | Dancer

Joey has announced V/LA status in the social thread. Requesting him to get modkilled at the end of the Day phase.

:059:

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Letting rake finish his read. Hes leaning towards mac right now but if we uavent gotten that in the next coupke days will hammer

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Vote Count

1. Laundry (4) - Werekill, Z e n ✦ s h e m u, Gheb_01, Macman
2 Macman
3. Gheb_01
4. FullMetalLynch (Rake/Orboknown)
5. Joey
6. Werekill
7. Z e n ✦ s h e m u (2) - FullMetalLynch, Laundry

Not voting: Joey

"And I saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads, the names of blasphemy. And they worshiped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like unto the beast? Who is able to make war with him?"

"Who is able to make war with the beast?" Apparently this town can.

Laundry (Christof Sievernich, mafia messanger) has been lynched!

Mac (Herbert Wolf, vanilla townie) survives and wins in endgame!

Gheb_01 (Dr. Becker, vanilla townie) survives and wins in endgame!

FullMetalLynch (Julius Reichwein, town vote manipulator) survives andwins in endgame!

Joey (Karl Neuman, vanilla townie) survives and wins in endgame!

Werekill (Heinrich Lunge, town tracker) survives and wins in endgame!

Z e n ✦ s h e m u (Anna Liebert, town clairvoyance) survives and wins in endgame!

ilovegiraffes, Jerkus, Nabe, Xatres, and FrozenFlame win from the grave!

Game over! Town wins! GG scum!

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
SO! Time to answer some things off the top of my head:

• Poison was indeed an alternative method of killing and not a supplementary one. Mafia could not both kill and poison on the same Night. However, should they have chosen to poison over regular killing, the poisoner would gain a ninja ability.
  • Night 2: The Explanation: The reason Night 2 took so long was because scum failed to send in an action by deadline, but last minute Laundry asked for me to not start the Day phase without one. I gave him an unofficial 24 hour extension (although I did not tell him that I granted him this, my bad) in which he still failed to send in an action. Vult sent me in an "just in case" list of Night actions in the case of no official actions being sent in. Well, 24 hours passed in no actions, so I just took Vult's action in which he rb Zen (yes, it did stop the passive) and he killed Jerkus. From the qt we know that Laundry was planning on sending a message, which would have lead Werekill from seeing WL go somewhere. However, Laundry sent in nothing, and so by a mere fluke of inactivity WK saw Laundry go nowhere (meaning a vt claim would have been much better on his part, not that he could have known).
  • There was no bounce back mechanic (like seriously wtf?)
  • The decision to allow the rb to stop Zen/Ash's role was a last minute one, made out of sympathy to a scum team that didn't have some kind of role investigate. I did not have an original plan on rather or not the rb would stop a passive role tbh. In hindsight, it was probably WORSE that scum got their rb off, as delaying the one-shot cop is probably worse for them. Maybe. Also allows mafia more time to kill off this role ehh.
  • Had Zen/Ash not been rb, they would have gained their Night 3 information Night 2 and Night 4 role change Night 3.
  • The two manipulators were deliberately put in the game to punish the "Oh, mafia MUST be among them" mentality. This was the main reason I told Zen/Ash to "not outguess me."
That's it for things off the top of my head.

Greenroom
Mafia qt

Top Bottom