• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Mafia - Game Over! Was the Beast slain, or did evil overcome?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.

Rules

General

1.) treat others how you want to be treated
2.) Once you have died in the game, you are only allowed to make 1 more post which should consist of “bah go scum/town”.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6.) I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
7.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
8.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
9.) The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
10.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
11.) Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
12.) Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on my discretion.

Voting and Lynching

1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Soup.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Ryker.
3.) You do not have to unvote before voting another player.
4.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
5.) After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. The Twilight phase is 24 hours long.
6.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
7.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase, the thread should be closed anyway.

Activity and Deadline

1.) You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you if feasible. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
2.) I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will generally last 8 days.
4.) Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught.
5.) Hydras most post on their accounts. If they do not they, that hydra's next post must be a copy + paste of their previous post or else it will receive a mod vote. All mod votes accumulated from breaking this rule will reset during the next day phase.

Game-specific

1.) The game mod is the game god. However, if you feel the game god happens to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out via PM
2.) All roles are assigned entirely at random.
3.) Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
4.) All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.

Player List

1. Nabe
2. Gorf
3. Jerkus (Circus/J)
4. FrozenFlame
5. Macman
6. BarDulL Rajam
7. Ilovegiraffes (Red Ryu/Ranmaru)
8. th3kuzinator Vult Redux
9. ScaryLB59
10. Gheb_01
11. Xatres
12. FullMetalLynch (Rake/Orboknown)
13. X WaNtEd X Joey
14. Werekill
15. Zack Fair Zen✦shemu (Zen/Ashemu)

Alive

2. Gorf
4. FrozenFlame
5. Macman
10. Gheb_01
13. Joey
14. Werekill
15. Zen✦shemu (Zen/Ashemu)

Dead

ScaryLB59 (Johan Liebert, Mafia Poisoner) lynched Day 1.
Ilovefiraffes (Eva Heinemann, Vanilla Townie) killed Night 1.
Rajam (The Baby, Mafia Goon) lynched Day 2.
Jerkus (Milosz, Vanilla Townie) killed Night 2.
Vult Redux (Roberto, Mafia Roleblocker) lynched Day 3.
Nabe (Kenzo Tenma, Town Doctor) killed Night 3.

Xatres (Fritz Verdemann, Town Lynch Manipulator) lynched Day 4.
FrozenFlame (Milan Kolasch, Vanilla Townie) killed Night 4.

Replacements

1. Rajam
2. Masquerain
3. Vult Redux

Important Posts

Sample Role PM

Welcome to Monster Mafia, Player X. You are Hugo Bernhardt, vanilla townie.

A former solider with quite the track record. Your service in several different military operations has gained you both a great deal of skill in combat, which you now use to teach students how to use firearms.

Win Condition: You win when all anti-town threats have been eliminated.

Last edited:

#HBC | Dancer

All role PMs are out. Please confirm in the conversation you received them in. Day one will start as soon as everyone confirms.

Last edited:

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Did the list not get updated to show the hydra was replacing rake before roles went out?

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Also, please change my name in the player list to "Xatres".

Xastrn is my hydra account that everyone keeps calling me when I play solo. :shyguy:

#HBC | Dancer

Request Day phases to be shortened to 7 days.

:059:
Agreed. 9 feels a bit too long.
The most I will be willing to go down to is 8 days, and only if the majority of players request. As a large game, I feel like a 7 day deadline is more suited for smalls, and that it won't be enough for 15 players.

Did the list not get updated to show the hydra was replacing rake before roles went out?
Also, please change my name in the player list to "Xatres".

Xastrn is my hydra account that everyone keeps calling me when I play solo. :shyguy:
My apologies. I will fix these mistakes soon.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Request to extend days to 10 days

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
As long as the Night phase isn't a week long, I'm golden.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
As long as the Night phase isn't a week long, I'm golden.
Real talk, I think a Persona 3 game where there's an extra "hour" a night where certain people could do stuff would be interesting. They'd see who got killed the previous night before being allowed to do their action, etc. It would take a lot of balance, but still.

I'm going to start working on it now and make it a BRoom game. Thanks for inspiring this somehow with your post!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Real talk, I think a Persona 3 game where there's an extra "hour" a night where certain people could do stuff would be interesting. They'd see who got killed the previous night before being allowed to do their action, etc. It would take a lot of balance, but still.

I'm going to start working on it now and make it a BRoom game. Thanks for inspiring this somehow with your post!
I would love a persona game, one of my favorite series!!!
At the risk of turning this into Social 2.0: http://smashboards.com/threads/smt-...riest-christmas-who-got-lumps-of-coal.328986/

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
dude kuz can we skype during the wee hours of the night and talk extensively about this game as it's going? also i expect the full scum team in 5 pages. good luck :)

#HBC | Dancer

Vote Count

1. Nabe
2. Gorf
3. Jerkus (Circus/J)
4. FrozenFlame
5. Macman
6. BarDulL
7. Ilovegiraffes (Red Ryu/Ranmaru)
8. th3kuzinator
9. ScaryLB59
10. Gheb_01
11. Xatres
13. x WaNtEd x
14. Werekill
15. Zack Fair

Not voting: Everyone

Day one starts! The deadline has been set to 07/21/14.

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Last edited:

#HBC | Dancer

MOD NOTE: I have decided that in the interest of keeping this game a reasonable length that the Days will be of eight days of length.

Top Bottom