• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Hunter Discussion - any installment

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ WEll see, I can't get Sharp+1 yet or I would =(

Ceadeus armor kinda sucks until later on =/

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Wow. LOTS of new activity. I sorta ignored MH3 for CoD: Black Ops (great game in its own right).

If I remember right, I need plenty of Hrd armor spheres, so I'll get on that Los+Barioth thingy. Thanks for the info!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
News: Getting an Alloy/Jaggi+ mixset to replace Rathalos for SA/Anata Boneblade.

This set will have CE+3, AuL and NO DEFENSE DOWN YAYYY :D

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
I saw you Codi, but you were extremely impatient. You literally stuck around for 3 minutes then left.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I waited 20 for a Jhen team :3

Edit: Is Amber Slash SA good? It looks crappy based off sharpness.

Gah777

Smash Lord
The final upgrade, Amber Hoarfrost, is amazing. It's one of my favorite SAs. There are better straight damage SAs, but if you're interested in Elemental SAs, Hoarfrost is pretty great imo.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Ya, it looks amazing. Guess until I can upgrade Amber there is no point.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Maaaaan. Fighting Rathian and Rathalos at the same time by yourself in single player is annoying!!

I almost lost! haha

Decided to bust out my last trap with 45 seconds left in a desperate attempt to catch the remaining Rathalos rather than kill it.

.__.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ your pictures scare me...

Anyways, HR35 now. Trying to get High Lagia Blade/Axe while getting my Gf Barioth/Agnaktor stuffs :3

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Man... HR36 and I'm done for a bit. Need to rest, and work tommorow. The advanced quests are fairly hard, I hate, hate, hate Barroths :/

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Shimazu if you play online tomorrow let me know. I'll probably join up since my friend won't be playing this game anymore soon, so I might as well play without him now.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
D: Your friend ditch ya? Well.. I'm trying to get my driving license irl (with a whole lot of bad luck), so..I might be on @11AM-2pm CST, but iunno :3 I work from 3-11 D:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Well he's moving in about 2 weeks. Not too far away, but far enough to pretty much never play this game together much anymore (Since he comes to my place and we set up two wiis and tvs side by side). We're gonna play Monster Hunter on psp together instead :p

Anyways, uh, I might still be asleep by then haha
If you're working then nvm :)
I get tomorrow off work so I needed something to do xD

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
sucks cause I work nightshift at fastfood.

Bummers.

Trying to get my gf Agna armor for lance, but the quest never appears x.x

quirkynature

Smash Ace
It's official: once you're HR100, the weapons and armor you've collected is far too strong for offline mode. I literally just stared at the screen while the Rathian's fireball chipped off a wee bit off my Barioth+ armor. I think I'll do my remaining offline quests in the nude...just for OHKOs.

Gah777

Smash Lord
It's official: once you're HR100, the weapons and armor you've collected is far too strong for offline mode. I literally just stared at the screen while the Rathian's fireball chipped off a wee bit off my Barioth+ armor. I think I'll do my remaining offline quests in the nude...just for OHKOs.
This. I kill G. Jaggis in like 3 seconds and Rathians in about 2 minutes. My best time for Ceadeus was somewhere between 10~18 minutes without bombs.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
Maaaaan. Fighting Rathian and Rathalos at the same time by yourself in single player is annoying!!

I almost lost! haha

Decided to bust out my last trap with 45 seconds left in a desperate attempt to catch the remaining Rathalos rather than kill it.

.__.
Mah, not really. The arena gives you a VERY WEAK weapon to fight them. It's one of the easier missions, imho. Because hammer > rathianlos

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm like HR 207 now.

I've literally done everything this game has to offer. All the arenas on A rank or higher, all the normal/hi rank/advanced/event quest, I have all the awards, have made almost all of the armors (and can make any I havent at this time), all the furnishing, a very wide array of weapons, and I have all the titles cept the 100 deviljho, and to get that, I just need to kill 10 jho.

Two reasons I'm saying this, and it has nothing to do with ego. One, folks that keep saying they are bored with the game, or people who cheated (and then got bored bc the challenge was gone), or even the folks that say "I've done everything"...hopefully you consider all the options this game has before putting it down, or maybe find better hunting partners *coughthisthreadandotherchats*. The second reason I said all this is bc I am going into the Air Force today, so I won't be around for two months and a few days. Not that it matters to you guys since I've only hunted with 2 people on here lol, but I have a lot of other hunting partners I'll be disappearing on.

Anywho, I hope you guys get the most out of this game. I did so at about 800 hours, without cheating, and without playing the game 24-7 lol. I've technically "finished" MH3, but when I have access to my electronics again, I'll probably still be taking names with the help of my friends. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and good hunting.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Haha yeah it was fun hunting the one time we did lol. But see ya around man, hopefully we can hunt again in the future.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Cya, and yeah, I'll probably be playing this for a year to get 100%. @HR39, and capped until I beat all the **** quests. (We farmed Agnaktor and stuff so much we're too far into HR D:)

Gotta kill Rathian, Gobul, do some easy quests, and bleh.

Also gotta farm resources offline too, gah I hate that! It gives me a chance to get 3 lagia horns for Lagia GS though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
He shares a lot of the moves RL/Lagia have, so by the time I got to him it was just like... lolok?

I just can't stand when monsters disapear. Agnaktor/Diablos/Uruugan really get to me :/

Gah777

Smash Lord
He shares a lot of the moves RL/Lagia have, so by the time I got to him it was just like... lolok?

I just can't stand when monsters disapear. Agnaktor/Diablos/Uruugan really get to me :/
Yeah he has like all the same moves of Lagi and RL except for his signature move: Hydropump. The thing that pisses me off is when he just starts swimming away (in the 3rd area). It's hard to keep up with him.

Paintballs are always helpful, but typically it's not too hard to figure out where they went.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well it's mainly Agnaktor+. Hit's so hard, and sometimes I think he is targetting someone else but it's me :/

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Giant Joseph is like 3500 - 4000. Almost twice the size of the normal average one, my silver crown is 2500~ I think.

I haven't recorded a giant jho yet though, only fought him twice. People kept dying lol.

Top Bottom