• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Money Matches: An introduction

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I think putting money on smash is stupid (or any type of gambling is stupid, really), so I don't play MM's.
If people want to "prove" to themselves, the person they're playing with and people around them that the set they're playing is serious, money shouldn't be necessary imo.

Skler

Smash Master
Some people sandbag all the time unless it's a money match or a tourny match. I try riskier **** when there's nothing on the line, but in tourny matches and MMs I stick to techs that I know I can do and play gayer.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
those numbers are WAY too low

4 below is ********

20 below is a joke

20-50 is nominal

50+ is serious

1k+ is real

****ing learn from other communities like ****ing mvc2 ive seen two guys put down their house mortgages in a money match before tens of thousands of dollars

get ****ing REAL

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Money Matches seem extremely popular in SSBM. Essentially, playing a Money Match is Gambling.
I think putting money on smash is stupid (or any type of gambling is stupid, really), so I don't play MM's.
If people want to "prove" to themselves, the person they're playing with and people around them that the set they're playing is serious, money shouldn't be necessary imo.

its not gambling all the time. sometimes the outcome isn't uncertain.

and the money may or may not be important depending on your current wealth, but sometimes the taking of the money is really whats important.

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
those numbers are WAY too low

4 below is ********

20 below is a joke

20-50 is nominal

50+ is serious

1k+ is real

****ing learn from other communities like ****ing mvc2 ive seen two guys put down their house mortgages in a money match before tens of thousands of dollars

get ****ing REAL
lol, take it a step further and do retirement savings matches.
if you lose, there's always welfare.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
On a serious note, I don't play for money. Because people will make any excuse if there is money involved. If I did do a mm, it would only be for like $5.

david r

Smash Rookie
So I guess they didn't realize this thread was from 2006...
Pretty funny that the guy that resurrected the thread was laughing about some 2 year old thread.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
somebody needs to get that mvc2 j wong (all low tiers) v dark prince (**** tiers) best of 10 for $1k that **** was intense i couldnt believe j wong won as much as he did i literally **** my pants in person

Top Bottom