• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monday Update: Excitement A(earth)bound!

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Ha. Bye, bye Ness.

I say Capt. Falcon's in and Ness is out.

"There are 34 playable characters (excluding transformations).
There are 20 starting characters, 14 hidden characters.
Six characters have been removed from the last game.
One of the "Original 12" has been removed.
There are 15 newcomers (excluding transformations).
All but one of the represented franchises from Super Smash Bros. Melee will be returning.
Two character profiles will be revealed this coming week at the DOJO!! (one veteran and one newcomer).

Mock me now if you must, but I'll certainly be having the last laugh. By the end of the week, you'll see that I'm correct with at least two of the above points."

DocMario, YLink, Falco, Roy, Ness, Pichu

Ness

All but one of the represented franchises from Super Smash Bros. Melee will be returning.

Doctor Mario

You know, you're right.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Ha. Bye, bye Ness.

I say Capt. Falcon's in and Ness is out.

"There are 34 playable characters (excluding transformations).
There are 20 starting characters, 14 hidden characters.
There are 15 newcomers (excluding transformations).
Two character profiles will be revealed this coming week at the DOJO!! (one veteran and one newcomer).

Mock me now if you must, but I'll certainly be having the last laugh. By the end of the week, you'll see that I'm correct with at least two of the above points."

My God, it's all coming true!! :laugh:
The same guy said that Ice Climbers wouldn't return. He also said that the next character to be revealed after Pokemon Trainer would be Lucas, and it was Diddy.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace

DocMario, YLink, Falco, Roy, Ness, Pichu

Ness

Doctor Mario

You know, you're right.
I want my Falco! :D..

Ontopic: So, does anyone who has played Mother an idea onto what his moves could be?
IMO he looks cooler then Ness, and I dont think he will have Ness's moveset, as it would be kind of LAME to hav the WARNING NEW CHALLENGER screen just for a pallette swapped Ness.

In all, I like Lucas.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Doctor Mario was it's own franchise?

Anyway, my hopes are up for ness not returning. It will be intersting to see how this plays out.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
The same guy said that Ice Climbers wouldn't return. He also said that the next character to be revealed after Pokemon Trainer would be Lucas, and it was Diddy.
that's good to hear. I'd rather just find out on the site, then by some insider.
Doctor Mario was it's own franchise?
Ever play... err... Doctor Mario? ya know, the game?

Oh, and is anyone else looking at Lucas and thinking, "AWESOME Now I can play as that cartoon guy from the Fallout games!"

lol, kindof sortof... ok maybe not. I have an over active imagination. Oh well, I hope Lucas keeps the same moves as Ness. And I loooved Ness's jump. I'm sure Sakurai will give him a "Ness" costume, since they are practically the same character.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I'm sure that the Lucas fans are happy now with this update. I don't care about Ness returning or not since I rarely use him. He's just not my type of character.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
i still thougt all 12 orginal characters would return, i read it somewhere maybe it was fake but im positive
and that means that lucas wil fight very different because no clones will be added

burrito

Smash Lord
I think he means Claus as the Masked Man, a vital character in the series. He wouldn't look like Lucas at all if he had the Masked Man as his motif, and would have an original moveset.
I'm pretty sure you just spoiled the game for me. Can you mark it these things as a spoiler, please?

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Sigh.. This means Ness wont be returning. Lucas has his spike.

Then again, perhaps Ness is getting a new spike?

Seriously. I dont think Sakurai likes to just throw away unique characters. If they are bad in one of the back games, he fixes them. My hope for Ness hasnt changed, its just, this update kind of put alot of stress on me

Man. Ness haters rejoice. Pure Earthbound fans weep. This update saddens me.

NessOwnsYou

Smash Cadet
Alright Mother Fans rejoice!

These days are the days I am happy to be a Mother fan. So Now if Ness is out then we can the Masked Man and all of his PK and Sword glory. Not only that but that increases the chances for the other Japan only characters. Now us Mother fans just have to hope for Mother 3 to come to America because Lucas just helped that and I be angry at NoA if they keep Mother 3 Japanese only.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
by by ness, by by we'll miss you nessie
OK, stp with the 'Ness is deconfirmed' already. JUST BECAUSE LUCAS WAS MENTIONED AS BEING STRONGER THAN HIM DOES NOT MEAN HE IS NOT IN BRAWL. In fact, you could argue both ways and say that he IS confirmed by him even being mentioned in today's update. Honestly, you people get so rowdy when there's a nice update...

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
Ness isn't out, people. he's one of the original characters.

you also can't surpass someone that's not there. quit jumping to silly conclusions.

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
I really don't think that this means Ness has been cut. Sakurai did say really anything about Lucas, other than enough to stir all the Ness-haters/lovers.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Man, this update just gave me a big frown this morning. Even more bad for the self esteem, Sakurai mentioned on how he could surpass Ness.
HOWEVER.

I AM STILL HARDCORE NESS. I still believe his PK-Flash and his PK-Thunder will be replaced move initation-wise. Seriously. Whats with the Ness hate? :|

So what if he was blood awful on Melee? He was top tier in 64. Dont throw away uniques.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Im hoping Ness doesnt come back. Im bored of him we need new characters to represnt the Mother series.
die in a fire. WE FRIGGIN NEEED NESS BACK!!! does two time veteran mean anything to you? or even the fact that he was the only earthbound protaganist in north america???! and also, I think it hints at his return, not his leaving, at the end.
"is it possible he could surpass even Ness?" two things about this. it mentions him, which shows sakurais still thinking about him, and it may just mean that Lucas might be different, if better than Ness. just some thoughts trying to keep sanity and my main alive...

craiigg

Smash Lord
Lucas looks awesoomee etc

He should obv be ness with a different recovery and a pimpin outfit O:

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Im hoping Ness doesnt come back. Im bored of him we need new characters to represnt the Mother series.
Yeah I know, and Mario's had too many games, lets remove him and replace him with Waluigi, seriously!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
It's about time we got Lucas. He was definitely someone we should have all seen coming.

I just hope he doesn't take Ness' spot. So far, it doesn't look like he will, but it also doesn't look like he might not.

That fAir looks a bit similar, but bigger, and whatever aerial move that is looks like either Ness' nAir/bAir/dAir.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
This is a really good character addition but I hope he didn't replace ness . Ness was one of my favorite characters to play with.I guess Lucas does look cool thought,good for a Monday update

Mrirvin

Smash Rookie
Guys please stop saying what you think!!!!!!!! Can we just wait and see? It can be more than two Earthbound characters right? It was more than one Mario character, more than one zelda character, and pokemon!!!! Please can we wait and see if he comes back? He's ne of the original 12!!!

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Alright nintendo! since Japan-Only characters are ok in Brawl add Kinnikuman and Sonic and you wont be sorry!

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
awesomeness. Heres to hoping he has his own original double jump, different from ness' even.

Fredcrownwel

Smash Rookie
i'm still hoping for ness to make his return! but I was excited to see some of the first mother/ earthbound series updates.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It's pretty safe bet Ness is in.

"Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!"

You would have to have Ness in the game to see if he would be able to surpass him

Top Bottom