• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

well for one you wont experience "true" counterpicking playing friendlies, even if you know you both are trying to be serious about it, you'll both also know the out come has to meaning, i think you'll have to go to a norcal tourney like a cgc or combo food in a real tournament atmosphere.

i dont know your idea of counterpicking (not trying to attack you or your understanding of counterpicking) but to me counterpicking to you is just "oh he went marth i should go shiek because of match up advantage shiek may have.

counterpicking match up its only a part of counterpicking, you have to take stage into consideration, along with the potential character switch and even style switch coming with the character being chosen. all which i dont think you can experience from playing friendlies.

well thats all in my opinion
By counterpicking, I meant counterpicking stages, not characters. I am most definitely sticking to fox for a long time. I can't develop any other character as well. I was saying I just need to get a feel for those stages I never play in, such as RC or perhaps even brinstar because eventually I'll have to pick some counterpick stage on someone. I'll probably pick up some other character later on.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'd like to familiarize myself with some counter pick stages as well.

right when i decided to start using mute city, it became banned from tournaments.
haha so idk...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
here's a few stage sets i'd like to play with.

random first pick. one random reset. one ban.
neutrals: fd, battlefield, dreamland
counter: yoshi's, fod, stadium

stage striking. one ban.
neutrals: fd, battlefield, dreamland, yoshi's, fod
counter: stadium, kongo64, corneria, brinstar(OR mute)

pokefloats and greengreens are garbage.
i like rainbow, but idk how to defend it.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
rainbow is legal to cp, isn't it?

dunno if it is for singles, but it has been for teams at like every tournament i've been to recently (what, all 2 of them or so)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
rainbow is legal to cp, isn't it?

dunno if it is for singles, but it has been for teams at like every tournament i've been to recently (what, all 2 of them or so)
there's the pound 4 set, the one connor talked about before (only neutrals), the old one with floats and mute, and the one they use at combo food is a more conservative version of the pound 4 set.

i think most people still play with rainbow on still... i don't know why.........

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
cuz it's awesome, that's why

i hate playing on it but it is a **** cool stage i can't blame other people for liking playing on it seriously, i just think about sm64 and how much i loved playing that level ****kkkkkkkkkk

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
hmmm both those lists are pretty good. why brinstar OR mute tho? why not have both? And I'd be ok with rainbow cruise too even though i have very limited experience there. What characters are better/worse there? I don't really know a good reason to have it not be a legal stage but I'm sure there is one

****, i just saw the recently released 'last airbender' trailer and i'm not too impressed. It looks like they gave Aang a totally different personality and the fighting effects look kinda slow which gives me the impression that the fights in the movie will be far less epic than they otherwise could've been. I wasn't that optimistic about the movie actually being good, and the trailer kinda confirmed that to a degree (imo at least)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
dude.

are you ****ing kidding me

those movies are always worth watching and laughing about

might've been like if we watched dragon ball and treated it like we were in mst3k

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
hmmm both those lists are pretty good. why brinstar OR mute tho? why not have both? And I'd be ok with rainbow cruise too even though i have very limited experience there. What characters are better/worse there? I don't really know a good reason to have it not be a legal stage but I'm sure there is one
they're both decent stages but mute favors peach more than any other character in the game when brinstar favors characters like peach, puff, ganon, and more. mute seems a little too peach exclusive for me.

if you're playing a peach and you ban mute, they go brinstar.
if you ban brinstar, they go mute. it kinda sucks. but i mean... i don't personally care since my peach isn't bad on those stages. haha

stadium, corneria, and kongo all favor fox over peach in that specific match up (imo) so i guess having both wouldn't be too bad... idk idk idk

those are my suggestions. i highly advise one of those two instead of the old traditional stage set.
and corneria is too good to ignore (lame *** pound stage set rofl)....... yeah so are we smashing tomorrow??
****, i just saw the recently released 'last airbender' trailer and i'm not too impressed. It looks like they gave Aang a totally different personality and the fighting effects look kinda slow which gives me the impression that the fights in the movie will be far less epic than they otherwise could've been. I wasn't that optimistic about the movie actually being good, and the trailer kinda confirmed that to a degree (imo at least)
dragonball evolution. 'nuff said...

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
kongo a cp for fox vs peach?
whys that?

i just ask cause I sometimes cp kongo vs fox w/ my falcon for reasons that are all to the disadvantages of fox's recovery and falling speeds/tech timings. . . . .

Kongo Jungle 64 is mad good. I would even consider it close to being a neutral stage. Definitely worth having as a counterpick. I think stadium should be neutral when you have some piece of **** stage like Yoshi's be neutral. You best be smoking if you don't think spacies dominate on yoshis just as much as stadium. I like the MLG stagelist.

I guess mute helps peach (and puff) way too much. Corneria has some gimmicks. I guess it could be a counterpick stage. Borderline cp stage.

Poke Floats is definitely garbage. Green Greens is bad, but I am undecided on that stage.

My suggestion: MLG stagelist. Also I think stage striking is superior to random pick with reset. Start with a liberal stagelist and work your way down. If people abuse the **** out of mute and corneria, remove them on the following tournament. Doesn't hurt to try it for a tournament

edit: John, because Fox can camp peach better on that stage. Rotating platforms are too good

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well i don't think a fox would cp there, but fox can laser camp peach better and more efficiently on kongo and dreamland than you can on corneria and stadium.

edit: adaias, kongo is a great counter pick but a TERRIBLE neutral, imo.

and why give mute a chance? we've given it a chance for 6 years and it's been abused the whole time or it's an auto ban for some characters (which sucks). look back to crew battles from 04. they counter fox with a peach on mute every **** time. lool

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
nick why do you ignore post about smashing you ****
Wait, what post was that? I am down to smash tmw as I mentioned earlier. I've FOR SURE gotta be home by 11 tho and probably won't be able to head over until 5ish

And I agree that mute should be banned. Peach is broken there fo sho

Edit: ^ spense's phone dropped approx 10 calls while I was talking to him. Hella gay. My phone was about to die though so I just threw it on the charger and gave up on attempting to talk lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
nick, bring a tv or two if it's convenient, please.
i'd rather play in the garage again.

also, adaias?

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i just sat down and meditated after jogging for hella long

i thought about holes in my gameplay in smash

and i improved my mindstate... im ready to have a hardcore smashfest :D

(i think this is how andre improves too... ***** is still hella beastly)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
It's not that I have a curfew, it's just that I've got my first day of work at a new location early the following morning. Yeah i'll pick you up tmw adaias. Anyone else need a ride?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i just sat down and meditated after jogging for hella long

i thought about holes in my gameplay in smash

and i improved my mindstate... im ready to have a hardcore smashfest :D

(i think this is how andre improves too... ***** is still hella beastly)
yup lol

and also watching mango/ken/kdj videos

cuz they do whatever the HELL they want

new hbox vids of him getting off

hbox is not repetitive anymore wow hes really good. really good, mad respect for hbox

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
nick. bring two tv's, jamie, and adaias.
if you can bring those things (yes, they are all objects) then we can have fun in the garage tomorrow.
you can bring a wii/cube too, if you want. or just make jamie bring one.

ima go to sleep soon, so i'll be up for sure by the time you guys come through.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i know but i just say i'm sleeping so i don't have to talk about my eight hour masturbation sessions on the boards.
oh no... there i go again...

edit: did you just say ******? what does that even mean?

what is this i don't even...

google chrome is the business, if you havent downloaded it and you aren't using it as your default browser, i highly reccomend to do so ASAP :)
Get the **** out of here. Google chrome? That isn't firefox. (If anyone uses that ****ty Opera or Safari, there truly isn't any hope for you).

I should expect Nick to come by my house at 5PM right?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
adaias, you never like anything. haha

it's all about netscape navigator.

so what time today?

Foy

Smash Champion
Hey Modesto. i want to let you know that my friend JesiahTEG is going to be in WestCoast for awhile and being housed with dunskies, if you guys can play him and give him a warm welcome.

And by Warm i mean like ******l warm.

If you know what i mean.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Hey Modesto. i want to let you know that my friend JesiahTEG is going to be in WestCoast for awhile and being housed with dunskies, if you guys can play him and give him a warm welcome.

And by Warm i mean like ******l warm.

If you know what i mean.
that's gonna be like 6 hours away from us.
I like firefox though :(

netscape is old school. Never used that though
yeah i don't remember it at all. i just remember the icon being on the school computers.

Top Bottom