• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ok yea an extra console is fine. we have extra tv's like in my sister's room but i'd rather not bring them down :p

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
**** smash with my crew yesterday was so fun. I was gettin' off though... went from my typical no rest puff to 2 or 3 rests a game. Won a 2 on 1 too LOL, but Spenser gave me the business quite a few times so I'm not satisfied with my improvement yet. Really fun yesterday, but Friday will be even better.

jamie and brandon coming? Too good.

I'll try to get my tv working again but that thing is literally around 20 years old. It's stopped working 3 times before and has come back to life in the past but I think it's seriously just dead now.

My crew (with the exception of kaushik) is gonna be there. Su and Preet hate smash though so they'll probably want to play something else, haha. I'm also bringing Daniel and RJ. Oh, and RJ's bringing melty blood and a fight stick although I don't know if we'll be able to use either.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ok any time after 9 am :p ill be up (i think) and will have setups ready

ahhhh

can anyone bring a tv?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
we could always get someone to leave my house and pick you up after they've already gotten here, you live like 5 minutes away

if it's for a setup i'd gladly come get you

don't worry

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah we're really gonna need setups. I'll bring my wii (just in case) but we'll probably be short on tvs if anything

And yeah Anthony, you will be missed

Edit: What? Did he really get in an accident?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
PP is fine. He told me no one was hurt.

P.s. I'm still trying to get a ride to this.
I have 5 bucks to give for gas money ha.
Is anyone driving there with two open seats?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Okay well if Spenser can pick up Daniel and Andre can get Suuwo, I can pick up you guys. And yeah, some gas money would be nice. I didn't work this week so I'm pretty broke right now lol

Metabou

Smash Rookie
This thread is so random. I was reading through a bunch of the pages and the posts. Where is this tournament, I am just wondering. If it is close, I might go. I live in Modesto. I read a lot of the pages and could not find the location of the tourney tommorow.

Miztik

Smash Master
someone pick me up from fairfield hahaha

jk...tomorrow is gunna suck

i feel a hangover coming along its gunna suck....

my dad is either really cool, bad influence or both...right now im leaning toward cool

ahahaha

poop

i also think ima go see Ninja Assassin tomorrow yayuhz

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
This thread is so random. I was reading through a bunch of the pages and the posts. Where is this tournament, I am just wondering. If it is close, I might go. I live in Modesto. I read a lot of the pages and could not find the location of the tourney tommorow.
Random? Why would you say that? This thread is universally known for always being on topic

Anyway, I don't know the address, I just know how to get there. Someone else will have to help you out. Still, you should go. It's gonna **** :) :laugh: :bee:

The smashfest will be at 4117 Laurant CT which is in northern modesto around the prescott / pelandale avenue area. If you need more information feel free to ask me on aim or PM me

Metabou

Smash Rookie
By random, I mean talking about shoddy battle and Pokemon and stuff in a smash bros. thread. I wouldn't exactly call that on topic. Everything else is on topic though. Also, I was just thinking about going for fun mainly. I used to play when they had gamer's edge tourney's in Modesto. I haven't really played ssbm in two years. I just played some yesterday, and today. I can still wavedash, and stuff, but lost a lot of my timing. I never got any better, because I haven't had really anyone better than me to play against. My brother is pretty good, but that is about it. I played Marth, Ice Climbers, Yoshi, Samus, Captain Falcon. I mainly played Marth. I started playing Yoshi just because of how cool Yoshi is, and wanted to get better at a lower tier character. I played Brawl a lot when it first came out, but stopped. I remember Choknater, Meep, King, and others at the local tournies at the gamer's edge. It was a lot of fun playing with people there. To bad they couldn't stay in business. Sorry for this wall of text.

You should go, the Modesto people are cool.

Andre make sure you call before you pick me up since I might go somewhere in the morning to eat some breakfast or I could just eat at your place haha.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
ok any time after 9 am
that is amazing

Okay well if Spenser can pick up Daniel and Andre can get Suuwo, I can pick up you guys. And yeah, some gas money would be nice. I didn't work this week so I'm pretty broke right now lol
I will fill your *** with cash. This is better than it sounds.

Yeah I got in a car accident. Slick roads are gay.

I'm okay though, but I have no car now......gayness.
:(

at least you're okay though...

By random, I mean talking about shoddy battle and Pokemon and stuff in a smash bros. thread. I wouldn't exactly call that on topic. Everything else is on topic though. Also, I was just thinking about going for fun mainly. I used to play when they had gamer's edge tourney's in Modesto. I haven't really played ssbm in two years. I just played some yesterday, and today. I can still wavedash, and stuff, but lost a lot of my timing. I never got any better, because I haven't had really anyone better than me to play against. My brother is pretty good, but that is about it. I played Marth, Ice Climbers, Yoshi, Samus, Captain Falcon. I mainly played Marth. I started playing Yoshi just because of how cool Yoshi is, and wanted to get better at a lower tier character. I played Brawl a lot when it first came out, but stopped. I remember Choknater, Meep, King, and others at the local tournies at the gamer's edge. It was a lot of fun playing with people there. To bad they couldn't stay in business. Sorry for this wall of text.
nah, it's cool man

we seriously do need more semi-serious smashers, we (particularly me) are horrible about staying on topic and being serious

then again this is why modesto is modesto. It is an ideology.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
pp is far from ok, but that has nothing to do with the accident...

ride's are solved... (for me at least)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Haha, yeah i was just kidding. The Modesto thread is pretty much the most random thread ever.

You should definitely come though. Tmw's gonna be pretty legit.

Okay, so pretty much no one has a ride tmw. I'm actually gonna take 2 (TWO!!!!!) trips to pick everyone up. First car full of people is gonna be Spenser, RJ, and Daniel (and I can get you Suuwo if Andre can't for some reason). I'll be picking them up around 10am and drop them off at Andre's place. After that I'll head over and pick up Keith and Kenny, and then stop by Jamie's and get him on the way back. Kenny/Keith - i'll probably pick you up around 10:30. Jamie, plan on being ready by 10:45.

If anyone needs to call me, my number is 275-5974

Park0o

Smash Ace
Haha, yeah i was just kidding. The Modesto thread is pretty much the most random thread ever.

Okay, so pretty much no one has a ride tmw. I'm actually gonna take 2 (TWO!!!!!) trips to pick everyone up. First car full of people is gonna be Spenser, RJ, and Daniel (and I can get you Suuwo if Andre can't for some reason). I'll be picking them up around 10am and drop them off at Andre's place. After that I'll head over and pick up Keith and Kenny, and then stop by Jamie's and get him on the way back. Kenny/Keith - i'll probably pick you up around 10:30. Jamie, plan on being ready by 10:45.

i'll be ready by then

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow metabou

you remember me back from TGE?

thats old school man :D thats when i was really getting into tournaments more haha, thats when i picked up ice climbers!

and yeah

tomorrow's gonna get off

thanks for the participation guys

get hype modesto

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I will seriously laugh if I somehow know you metabou, no way that's possible though...

so hyped for tomorrow

The smashfest will be at 4117 Laurant CT which is in northern modesto around the prescott / pelandale avenue area (repost boosts post count and makes this relevant :D )

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
KENNY!!! Can you bring an extra controller for me?
i don't have an extra controller, bro.
i'm using a garbage controller myself.
Kenny you always know the right thing to say.

Where are you getting your lines from?
cocaine dealers.

wow. you're amazing. you will receive great pleasure for your services... hehe
hey nick

would it be cool if you gave me a ride?

ill help you gas =)
NICK, PICK THIS MAN UP TOOOOOOOO

...and drpp

Top Bottom