• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Can I be a mobile student too?

Did like everyone die or what? I haven't heard anything about actually playing smash for a while. I guess I'll just keep playing "not melee" with andre online :dizzy:

Miztik

Smash Master
Im not going to merced most likely...i dont really want to

i dont work, nor do i really want to go, maybe some smash this week may change my mind.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
all u have to do is nair shine in their face perfectly and then win

if that is peach or ic's change it to drillshine

;)

MacD

Banned via Administration
oh that reminds me, i was playing brandon in a friendly and he was big on drilling me and my shield, so what i did one time was upsmash out of shield... it was pretty cool

i mean depending on their percent it leads into combo's, a grab, maybe a kill depending on the level/percent, peaches should start doing that to foxes who spam drill... then again, fox's only spam it on me :(

I don't really like spamming drill shines unless it's to punish bad spacing or something like that. Nair -> shine seems pretty safe option on almost everyone. Maybe I should just l-cancel like connor so I don't worry about missing an L-cancel if they tilt their shields to mess up the timing lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
peach can cc nairs to dsmash, which a lot of beginner foxes fall for, and even pro foxes fall for that ****. which is why i think drills (at the right time) is better

cuz if u miss a drill u will get dsmashed anyway.

the reason fox vs peach is hard cuz ur scared to get hit by her high priority attacks. because fox is trying to play patiently, it opens up peach's offensive game, which isn't bad at all. not only does she set up a wall of priority, but now u have to deal with turnips and fairs and random dash attacks. i hate random dash attacks lol.

fox should still be the aggressor, but a patient aggressor where u attack at the right times

Nair -> shine doesn't even combo that nicely anyways since peach is a floaty I think. I'll take this advice about cc happy peaches, thanks. I still have so many things to learn but I'm doing okay

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
u got this adaias

yeah, when peach can no longer cc nair, ur better off just doing other combos from nair

like nair nair nair :)

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
fox vs peach is helllllllllla easy

i understand the matchup even better after playing more friendlies vs paul at cgc

high pressure play vs a peach and the peach cant do really anything about it except hope to get a lucky downsmash (which is easy to avoid if you are halfway decent with fox)

MacD

you know jr, i haven't played in tourny like ever

i hope that we get to play at merced... gotta make sure i bring my A game so i can get to you, and that lucky coming doesn't mess things up too much

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
In the mix

I finally got to play some people here. I won more than I lost.. I think. Although I got my *** handed to me hard by an IC's player.

andre, what should I fox do against ice climbers?

MacD

well i doubt it jr, not back when i sucked and since i just started up again i've been in so cal

man, gotta practice up, make sure my tech skill is on, so i can get to you in bracket... omg, i think like you and me will have to do seeding at the tourny... weird

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I finally got to play some people here. I won more than I lost.. I think. Although I got my *** handed to me hard by an IC's player.

andre, what should I fox do against ice climbers?
dont ask me, ask jr

jk LOL but yea he can tell u

all i know is that a campy fox is hard to catch up to. not that lasers do anything but fox can easily go on top of them on a platform, drop and drill shine, and then run and shine nana.

shine spike nana adn beat popo

popo has solo combos against fox, just try to overwhelm him aggressively though like u can do with any other character though.

against both ic's, drill is more useful than nair. ic's can punish nair with shield grab just like peach can punish it with cc. (unless u know how to do low nair then u ****)

drill shine against their shield is still safe too, as long as u can l-cancel it against 2 shields :p

its kinda hard, kinda like fighting against luigi with fox. hard to keep up with their wd's but fox still ***** too much and wins

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
ice climbers has two ranges

dash attack range and wavedash range

as fox u need to recognize both of those ranges, and then stay in between and ice climbers wont be able to do anything. just drillshine them or tilt them when they come near. dont miss l cancels. (duh)

uhmmmm

u can seriously just shield pressure ice climbers with ftilts and they cant do anything about it lol (i think)

kfc tricksies!

joeplicate

Smash Master
drillshine vs ice climbers is still risky, fly was grabbing me out of it consistently when we last played (don't think I was missing l-cancels =| )

better yet is just do safe bairs against their shield, or if you jump and nair at the last second, they'll get pushed away in shieldstun, which is safer than drills imo

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha y got this xilo! maybe if u ever travel back to modesto u can give non-tourny choknater the business :) im slowly diminishing in melee skill (yeah right)

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
The Wizard is so wonderful

by the time I get back I'll be giving tourny choknater the business, just you wait

in other news, I went to a con the other day, and after, me and my gf decided we wanted to do a smash cosplay version of wicked, anyone interested in helping?

Miztik

Smash Master
WTF?

anyways hey jr kenny said something about richard going to your house this weekend if so let me or him know so i can go to!

pl0x

also i think im going to main falcon/puff they are the most fun for me to play, marth is really fun but i just have more fun with falcon, at merced and maybe bio this weekend im going only falcon/puff in tourney

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man kim and dotey SUCK at brawl now

they would probably agree with me

i annihilated dotey with peach

and kim has trouble with my ganon

sigh

adaias.... you're all i have left

MacD

last minute i've decided i'm going to bio 3

i can probably take modesto people if you want... ie kenny or anothony, idk about times but if you wanna go let me know

Top Bottom