• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i think i'm in it, but prolly never posted even once.

i'm totally not norcal, btw. just saiyan.

the man

Smash Apprentice
Managed to get in to. I'm Nick King or Nicholas, whatever you guys prefer.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Wow wtf, I know someone named Nick King who lives somewhere around here. I'd be pretty weirded out if you were actually him though. I can't imagine that he'd ever play smash lol

the man

Smash Apprentice
^^ lol

Wow wtf, I know someone named Nick King who lives somewhere around here. I'd be pretty weirded out if you were actually him though. I can't imagine that he'd ever play smash lol
Who knows lol. Time will tell I guess.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Awww snap. I didn't even realize that lol

Oh, and what's up envy?
I will never accept your new smashboards name

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm universally known as the king of geckos. My story is told around the world and is being written in history books as we speak. And yeah, my name is also nick.

If you were confused about my other comment, Envy was Yayuhzz' previous smashboards name

Fan4chu

Smash Cadet
I just found out how bad i really am, yesterday i went to a little smash reunion with some of my old friends and i lost to all of them, and 4 stocked by two of them xD guess i need to start practicing more xP

*i hate sheik now xD

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
axe is hella good

you should really look at any higher-level pika player though (dunno how many others there are lol), see what they do works and how they get punished/beaten by certain things

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
trying to learn from axe will lead him to focus on the technical side if he doesn't even have a full grasp of the fundamentals yet.

watch azen's pikachu first.

trying to learn from axe will lead him to focus on the technical side if he doesn't even have a full grasp of the fundamentals yet.

watch azen's pikachu first.
Listen to this man. I ended up learning how to play smash in a completely incorrect manner. I'm only beginning to understand the fundamentals of the game. It's good to learn the basics of tech skill of course, but I think basic spacing and decision making is more important.

You could try playing characters where you don't have to be overly technical to make meaningful plays.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
there are many ways to learn to play the game

i think there's no problem with watching axe since his pikachu is the best. even though he plays aggressively, he is still obeying the rules of fighting game fundamentals. pikachu's dash dance and running shffl nair gives him huge range and the ability to react to and punish many things. axe does many specific things with pikachu that no other pika players does, especially on the offense

it is important to recognize the playstyle of the best players and the moves they choose, even if you don't fully understand yet what makes their choices good

i won my first set against KFC simply by copying chu dat. i had literally put only 3 weeks into ice climbers before i won a tournament, and decided to start maining them. i just copied chu dat!

"What advice do you have for new players?" - CCAsia
"Copy the top players." - Umehara Daigo

even if it sounds like stupid troll advice, daigo is hella right. lol

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
will never forget my old sets vs andre from 2006. never sweated that much during a tourney set. ever.
definately practiced against lvl 3 ic's as soon as i got home for like 2 weeks straight.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
if you're super new to competitive melee, i'd advise learning from the hugs videos before learning from silentspectre videos.

but i guess i'm just a huge ******

Top Bottom