• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

MacD

Banned via Administration
how'd you pull that spenser?

i have a friend who is interested in teaching, maybe you could give him your sick tips on how to get a job

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah no problem. LOL, I've had that thing for so long. It's been sitting in a plastic bag next to the tv downstairs for over a year now. I'll bring the $5 I owe you too of course.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
modesto smashers have their gamecubes in a plastic bag next to the tv downstairs of somebody else's house for over a year

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'm coming back really soon, but i don't really intend to play smash a lot while in the valley

playing bay area players has been a really good experience and i can clearly see the effort needed to be the best

after having some games with brandon, sfat, dajuan, etc. and going to a few rule 6 tournaments and other smashfests, i think i have the experience and knowledge needed to be really great. but i don't have the time to invest (right now at least) to really excel in smash, and when i move to the valley i will no longer really have access to good players

"you're only as good as the people you play" - filipino champ

and this is really true.

i mean, the only reason i got good while living in modesto is bc of jamie, brandon, lumpy, kim, my brother, and to some extent, nick (tho he is not really really good, i learned crucial matchups from him.) haha no offense nick but i'm sure u know what i'm talking about

living in the bay has been a great smash experience and if we do have a smashfest i hope to show u guys my new tricks. i can literally fight any character now with ylink now except a few key spacies players (brandon's falco being the hardest)

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Andre, I'm sure playing J.R. as often as you did probably also boosted your skills exponentially. IMO he's probably the best person in the central valley (at his peak) so anyone who has the privilege to play him can definitely excel.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea the best players of the central valley (all the way from sac to fresno) have been

kfc, bizz, me, meep, dp, obey
in an order similar to that

shoutouts to macd and brandon, who got better after they left

then the next tier might be mexi, mexican, lit, dark mike

then special shoutout to 69%

anyway guys, im back

and speaking of playing jr...

hahaha

gotta get a job actually, first things first

yea the best players of the central valley (all the way from sac to fresno) have been

anyway guys, im back

hahaha

Get a job in Modesto, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's a good one

the man

Smash Apprentice

anyway guys, im back

hahaha

Wait in melee?

the man

Smash Apprentice
Sick. Anyone got any plans for smash soon? I've been wanting to get into this community for a few years now but every tournament/hangout or whatever is either in san fran, los angeles or there's no activity from what I've seen in the past.

DRGN

Technowizard
Where are you located?

Chok, I don't know the others, but Meep and Dark Mike have gotten rusty unfortunately (or just have not been keeping up with changes). Delphiki and I have been beating them the last few tournaments since they started occasionally playing again. Also I'm kind of surprised you didn't mention Moon.

Who's bizz and obey?

So...the other day I learned how to roll back on the stage. The big question is why did I never ask anyone or why I never even thought about it. I think I figured out what a nair on fox actually does now. IVE BEEN DOING EVERYTHING WRONG FOR YEARS

BIG SCRUB NEWS AT 10 WITH SUUWO

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
so one day, i found out that pressing the L button cancels aerial landing lag

then i decided it was too hard for me to do all the time so i don't do it very much

this is why i am the worst modesto smasher (that is actually a smasher)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Where are you located?

Chok, I don't know the others, but Meep and Dark Mike have gotten rusty unfortunately (or just have not been keeping up with changes). Delphiki and I have been beating them the last few tournaments since they started occasionally playing again. Also I'm kind of surprised you didn't mention Moon.

Who's bizz and obey?
ah man yea seems like they've been on that decline. DM plays a very mediocre link, and his samus is still the same as it was in 2006 lol. they ain't keepin up, but it's alright.

and i didn't mention moon cuz i consider him more antioch/concord area than sac... not so much valley

Sick. Anyone got any plans for smash soon? I've been wanting to get into this community for a few years now but every tournament/hangout or whatever is either in san fran, los angeles or there's no activity from what I've seen in the past.
i don't think i will be able to play much any time soon, but if u pm me your number or add me on facebook (Andre Theus Felix is my displayed name) we could arrange something in the future

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
ahh.

yep. will have to agree with FTA getting rusty

for every 10 hours of other stuff we do, we play maybe 1 hour of smash at the most. it saddens me greatly that we aren't top notch at smash anymore, but i feel closer to them now than i ever did in the past. we do so much more now than just play smash.

(such as gay sex)

Top Bottom