• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i have this idea. i'm gonna pitch it to my friend. maybe you guys can help me make it better.
i'll give you the vague concept.

i set up somewhere in public where i can flim interviews and there are a lot of people.
offer to pay a small amount of money ($5?) for 10 or 15 minute interview/survey/discussion with random people (1 at a time). film a handful of them (10?). take all the good clips of me insulting them, criticizing them, and/or shooting down their responses. edit them into a video (friend has a good camera and is a multimedia junkie). upload.

questions for you guys:
what is this missing? it feels like it's almost an amazing idea.
would i need to get something signed before uploading someone on youtube? just in case.
should i use a partner? (someone to play the "straight man" by being a little nice or sincere)

any ideas or criticisms are helpful.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
That hair is glorious

Oh and Kenny, that's pretty similar to what KassemG does (if not you're familiar with him look him up on youtube or something). Since he's a top youtuber I'd try to take things in a different direction then he does somehow.

Your idea could be pretty entertaining though. I think it depends on how you conduct the interviews and what topics you focus on. I'd say the most important factor is who you're interviewing. It really all depends on how interesting they are and how they react to what you say. I'd probably just stereotype the **** outta people and pick the ones that seem like they're more likely to bring something interesting to the conversation.

Having them sign some kind of waiver is definitely a good idea. Depending on where you film you might also need a permit to film at that location, but I wouldn't worry about it at all until your videos start hitting the 50,000 views each mark.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
That hair is glorious

Oh and Kenny, that's pretty similar to what KassemG does (if not you're familiar with him look him up on youtube or something). Since he's a top youtuber I'd try to take things in a different direction then he does somehow.

Your idea could be pretty entertaining though. I think it depends on how you conduct the interviews and what topics you focus on. I'd say the most important factor is who you're interviewing. It really all depends on how interesting they are and how they react to what you say. I'd probably just stereotype the **** outta people and pick the ones that seem like they're more likely to bring something interesting to the conversation.

Having them sign some kind of waiver is definitely a good idea. Depending on where you film you might also need a permit to film at that location, but I wouldn't worry about it at all until your videos start hitting the 50,000 views each mark.
you might also need a bodyguard

or three

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
That hair is glorious

i don't think i've ever had an original idea... well i'll watch his videos and see if that's what i had in mind. also, i like to improvise that kind of stuff. throw out different types of bait and see what works for each specific person.

EDIT: just watched like 3 of his videos. pretty good stuff. not the tone i wanted, but i'm glad i saw that. i would like to make sure i go my own direction, which won't appeal to near as many people. i won't lean on stereotypes nearly as much. i think it's very tired to point at an asian and make a comment about them being good at math. it's too blatant to be clever and doesn't stand on it's own. that's my opinion.

EDIT2: gawddammit i just realized that he always wears wolf shirts (cool) and has those gay hipster glasses (like me)... **** me.
you might also need a bodyguard

not sure i can get what i want out of this. in need of consultation.

or three
getting my *** kicked for this would probably boost my ambition in this direction.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
not sure why, but i just read that "[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]1% of all abortions occur because of **** or incest; 6% of abortions occur because of potential health problems regarding either the mother or child, and 93% of all abortions occur for social reasons (i.e. the child is unwanted or inconvenient)."

here is what got me googling that stuff. click the now button to set all numbers to zero.

edit: abortion may be murder, but it's more humane than tossing off the cliff like sparta. lol i refuse to put any effort into either side of that debate.

NEW POST: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bMmmgibepo
feels like the right place to post this...

another new post: i'm just gonna keep posting in hopes that you are not all dead. it hailed hard today in 85 degree weather. **** central texas.
[/FONT]

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow, so epic

the last two

thanks kenny for sharing

modesto thread is secretly the best blog thread in the world

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i want to play melee.
a friend from work came over and we ended up playing like 10 matches.
he was really good for a guy who doesn't know what lcancels are.

it was kinda fun, but i hate myself for playing it.
it's like jerkin' my gerkin to at a picture of an old girlfriend that dumped me.

edit: mikey, come over. you're the closest to me. just do it.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I don't have brawl anymore (haven't had it for a long time). If I can get a copy for like 5 bucks I'll probably play it haha

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I just found out about this melee ranking system. There are a lot of things wrong with it ATM since a ton of data is missing, but it'll be really cool to see everyone's rankings in the future when it's more up to date. God I'm ranked so ****ing low though it's depressing :c

http://www.ssbpd.com/

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I just found out about this melee ranking system. There are a lot of things wrong with it ATM since a ton of data is missing, but it'll be really cool to see everyone's rankings in the future when it's more up to date. God I'm ranked so ****ing low though it's depressing :c

http://www.ssbpd.com/
Late to the party =D

Win over Mango (np) - 1100 at Winter GameFest (Match History) - 01/13/2012
the legend has begun

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I mean, I knew about the site a while ago but there wasn't much of anything on it at that point. Now it's really starting to take shape.

Edit: I'm uploading all of the old tio files I have from CGC 24 and the modesto tourney results I could find that aren't swiss or round robin (lol)

Edit 2: What exactly is the story behind that win spenser? XD

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
After adding all of the Modesto tournament info that I had to the database, Spenser is now ranked as the best kirby in the world. Probably a true statement.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I understand how someone could think that a kirby who copied her abilities and appearance is in fact a sheik, but I assure you it's a kirby. He's the best in the world man. The fact that you couldn't tell the difference just helps to prove my point.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
no. it was sheik.

he was needle camping me with like 5 jumps in a row. ****ing hacker.

new post: there's a "lactation room" at my job. i've never seen it ocupados, but it certainly sparks my curiousity.

o looks like some coppers were killed like three blocks away from where i live.

MODESTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i will never forget where i came from.

"FREEZE! PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD! NOW! oh, zhu. poor zhu..."

Top Bottom