• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
WGF tmw. Hopefully the stream's working.

We should smash tomorrow too keith if you're free (and record some sets just for the hell of it)

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
hmm, im down. i have to raid tomorrow from i think 6'ish for a couple hours but any time before and/or after (and prolly a bit during) i'd play. i really wanna smash so yeah call/text me tomorrow(today) nick/adaias.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Heh

Well idk maybe tomorrow isn't actually the best day to smash. I just realized how much HW I've got. It all depends on how quickly I can get it done I guess

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
kk well let me know either way. if you cant smash tomorrow, i take it you wont be able to smash at all during the week either?

I really want to see some new maps on sc2. Tired of seeing a lot of games on Jungle Basin.

Foxer changed up his strategy because he knew people were practicing against his marine rush / all ins. He said that himself during that interview after beating Jinro. Well at least it's something different and the losses against Foxer help move the metagame forward as people learn how to deal with these builds.

I'm going to start practicing protoss in a while. Learn the 4gate and 3gate expand. I like gateway units a lot

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
foxer is the business!

he hella adapts.

him and kyrixzenith are my favorite players :D

still havent seen this MVP player though. actually nvm, i saw him in season 2 and he lost like 2-0 or something.. wasn't impressed!

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
I got around to watching the other matches last night jr, they were pretty legit especially game number 2. Nestea basically had him in a check mate and MVP was like "nah, actually I feel like winning this game bro my bad" it was pretty sweet.

I'm surprised you dint remember any of his previous games, he's an amazing player and had had some pretty epic sets

immvp is easily the best terran (and possibly best player) atm. Foxer, Nestea, etc players say that all the time. I watched a couple of matches and he just plays amazing.

kyrixzeniths economical baneling builds are pretty interesting to watch.

I like zenio's zerg play but he still has some notable flaws :(

I'm not sure about protoss, I guess MC's the real interesting protoss in that bunch. Tester messes up a lot and he folds under non-standard play :/

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Yep most people (probably myself included) agree that MVP is probably the best sc2 player in the world overall. Jinro foxer nestea mc and maybe one or two other people are contenders but just a smidgen behind.

edit: I'm pretty sure whitera and huk are better than tester at this point in time. They both have more consistent playstyles (and wins) right now. That recent match of huk whooping nestea is ****ing amazingly epic.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i played nick yesterday, fun stuff

my self cpu training and theorybros always pays off hahah, i like applying that stuff against real people

i finally did the fly cg to a real person (charged fsmash regrab)

peach is my official secondary for now

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
**** andre you're too good. I really feel like i'm getting better but every time we play I can barely take games off of you. Some of those IC chaingrabs were crazy though. When I lose to stuff like that I really don't feel bad about it because there's literally nothing I can do lol. Your peach is good though. I really thought I'd do better against it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol thanks nick

dont trip, i feel that you are getting better. i just dont like sandbagging anymore, not when everyone in norcal is so technical and well-versed in every matchup. i've been inspired by pp to try to always learn situations and give it my all when necessary, even in friendlies (jv 5 too good)

u main a low tier haha, i just exploit her weaknesses cuz i happen to be very familiar with zelda. just keep it up, ur secondaries are slowly getting better

example about zelda... when im playing peach basically the goal is to stay out of kick range cuz basically that's zelda's only tool against her besides random fsmashes. zelda has to be dash dancing to space peach well, so i can just turnip to force u into ur shield, or nayru's which i can just block/catch the reflected turnip. turnips easily set the pace against any character who is slower than peach.

staying out of kick range doesnt just mean spacing from a distance with turnips, but also staying inside once i get inside (yayuhz.) if i hit zelda, i can basically suffocate her with nairs and stuff in which case i am too CLOSE to be hit by a sweetspotted kick. if i can maintain that then i'll do major damage that zelda can't really escape from

also if u randomly whiff a full hop kick i can easily react and counter with nair, or get under u

getting under people = good position in almost any matchup. why? cuz eventually the opponent has to go down

unless they have a **** projectile that goes straight down AHHH TURNIP ****

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i was able to look at all of em rofl

some were mad cute

but overall the artist couldve had a better style

o well

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
gawd let's get some melee in here

if i come back for spring break we are definitely playing

and i won't get 4-stocked by andre the next time i play him (summer lol)

I'll enter and play not fox. Low tiers too good (I mean jigglypuff on the ledge camping all day)

I need some new nickname too that goes along with Suuwo

Also legita pokewalker borrowing Andre hahahaha

Edit: Also Nexon keeps giving me NX. They've given me like $50 of credit through emails. I dont even know why. I haven't bought a single bit of NX credit in my entire life and im considered to be a loyal "customer" / buyer. I do "get" NX through magic processes but I never buy any of it lolol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
SSBM: Kenny Goes to Work (A True Story)

so this dude raul i met at work was chillin' with me and brian.
we were tossin' back some cold ones and i had an idea.
here's how it went down.

Kenny: have you ever played Super Smash Figher for gamecube?

Raul: yeah, that game's awesome!

Kenny: yeah, it is. i'm pretty good at it.

Raul: i'm way better than you. i used to beat my brothers all the time

Kenny:
i think i can beat you

Raul:
I WILL MURDER YOU AT SMASH FIGHTER!

Kenny: 5 bucks? if you lose, i'll let you try again. double or nothing.

Raul:
say goodbye to that 5 bucks! who do you use?

Kenny:
who do you think is the worst character in the game?

Raul: um... princess what's-her-name... PEACH! SHE SUCKS!!

Kenny: ok, i'll use her. you can use whoever you think is best.

Raul: are you sure? i'm gonna use ness unless you think he's too good.

Kenny: he is pretty good... i hope i can win

(a ten stock match ensues on corneria where i beat him by walking around and punishing 300 fsmash attempts)

Kenny: i confess, peach is my best character.

Raul:
no wonder you beat me.

Kenny:
i can use someone else for your rematch. it wasn't fair of me to use peach.

Raul:
i'm gonna pick fox this time. you can't touch me when i use starfox.

Kenny:
ok. i'll pick someone else... hhmm...

In Game Announcer:
FALCO

(zero to death. zero to death. zero to death. get hit by an accidental side b. zero to death. watch him side b off the stage. zero to death. so on and so forth...)

Raul: there's no way you're that good. here's the ten bucks.

Real Life Announcer:
GAME

Kenny: you would've gotten really close if you didn't have those six beers. maybe you should try again when you're sober.

Raul: double or nothing? i'm down. i'll tear you up. just watch.

I want to get in some of that Super Smash Fighter game.

So I got a nice little plan to make some money. I've been seeing some kids play yugioh at school. I'm guessing I can get some 100-200% profit by buying cards from Kriers and selling them to those kids. I mean Kriers sells holo cards and what not for like $1 each so its not hard to make a 2 dollar profit on each card.

I'm guessing since they're not bothering to use those little plastic sleeves to protect their cards like everyone else who happens to play cards at Kriers that they have no idea about Kriers so my business plan sounds legita. I'll ask them if they're buying tomorrow and what kind of stuff they want.

Kenny's rip off inspired me to do the same, but in another way

Top Bottom