• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
i'm going to have to say that maka prime is going to be my 3rd adoptive child, such a cute little korean nerd <3

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Sexcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Warcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Minecraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Hey d00ky if you see this in the next few hours, me and nick are in Stockton smashing with jr you should come by

if you want to call me 209 531 4037

Get tapped by my fox, o I couldn't beat ICs this time, but that will be next time. Pretty amusing to see how I do when I do put some effort, I still felt like I could have played even better.

That was fun, get at that $4 graphics upgrade on naruto graphics. I was impressed even though I hate the series and its games overall. Looks like they actually tried to making a game there

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
wait...

what's wrong, guys?

you're actually talking about smash??

WHAT THE FUUCK???

I HAVE A BONER????

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I used to be an insurance salesman kenny

Don't hate

I'm definitely getting a good 10 hours of sleep before DGDTJ though. My reaction time gets really bad when I'm tired. Idk how you manage to stay so consistent when you're tired andre. Same goes for you JR

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
to be honest

i trained my reaction time to be good under tired circumstances, no joke

i forced myself to focus late at night by watching a couple ken/mango/isai/armada vids and then imitating them against level 9 cpu's. then switching to brawl when i got bored of melee and forcing myself to play conservatively and space well. hard stuff lol. im not naturally good at playing well tired

but honestly at kaushik's house, i was just so excited to be playing melee with people again that i played well despite the hour. i hope this reflects in the next tournament i go to.

lol yeah i plan to but

usually at the end of tournaments u get tired anyway
Andre and I were on fire playing melee like at 7AM, pretty sure that's as consistent as I've ever played though I was testing a lot of stuff most of the time. I really want to plow through all the gimmicks I encounter. IC's dthrow is next ah, there's a nice timing window for a nice usmash from fox there.

I got my OoS waveshines working pretty nicely during those games and I felt like I was adapting pretty quickly too. I just have to deal with Andre's ICs now. I'll put in more effort the next time I play. Too bad Kenny's not here to see how much I've improved :(

I hate the falco:fox match-up the most by far, its so dumb it makes me want to play jigglypuff. I got some wins, but really I felt like I had to play gimmicky. God damn dash attack -> utilt is so stupid, but it works when they cant react fast enough in pressure situations

edit: why do I still play melee? haha, man I dont like this game, but whatever its fun once couple months or something

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
the amount of interesting stuff in this thread is inversely proportional to the amount of time we spend talking about melee

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nah. directly proportional son.

adaias your tech skill is so good, but the way you use it is so questionable sometimes lol.

and nick knows what will happen if u pick puff against my falco ;) (i will double jump camp the top platform)

IMO, remembering my losses, here are some tips to beating me... i just wanna help u out. i always try to innovate in every match so there is no one single strategy that will win, u have to adapt to what im doing mid match. this is why i did well in friendlies vs mew2king cuz he wasnt familiar with my tricksies. he was able to beat me with shutdown strategies. u gotta reduce my options

my bad losses:
kage - just pressured me to the edge. daired me every time i rolled behind him, never missed an edgeguard

replicate - camped me, but sometimes drillshined and never let me grab. 3-stocked me on BF. just really exp with the matchup, he didnt have to fight my ground tricks cuz he avoided it

m2k - picked peach and fair camped

s2j - keeps jumping. low nairs, low uairs, constant knee stomp random raptor boost. basically cookie cutter falcon vs ic's, s2j style.

u cant think of single situations cuz i will always change it up. beating ic's = perfect shutdown strategies, cuz ic's are not a top tier character.

i hope next time i play u that i lose :) it is very fun to see people improve

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
does that actually work???????????????????????????????
if ur talking about falco double jump camp, then... yeah a little bit but its not amazing, it is just annoying for puff to fight against LOL. reduces stress for falco cuz its not really a place where he can get gimped from.

ROFL spense ur location is amazing

then I would just plank with jigglypuff if you felt like platform camping. Like I've said, I really want to practice puff but I dont get the time to do so since my fox takes priority. I'll try it later on.

I was actually glad I DI'ed every single rest straight to the left or right from any puff user at that smashfest so I got my revenge Usmash every time. Now I just need to always be alert to DI the uthrow

I need some ICs practice too, but no one here plays good ICs so hmm. Whatever I dont really care too much about melee. I'll focus on brawl since thats been my strength since forever

Top Bottom