• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
so after like 5 years i finally decided to get an avatar. random picture from 4chan that was already avatar sized.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
yeah, that was pretty much wasted

modesto is only open on certain weekends

and...HUNGRYBOX IS THE MOST LEGIT DINNER A MAN CAN HAVE

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
haha ****ing hungryboxes, they are pretty legit. idk how su knew about them but im digging the new lingo for frozen dinners.

edit: oh and adaias, yeah your avatar is legit everytime i see it i decide i want to play more when i see my psp. sucks though because black square tracklist is kinda boring after a while, i miss fever's tracklist, and i can only fit one of the two games on my psp at a time.. oh at AX there was a technika serius 17 edition or whatever cab, i really wanted to play but there were hella legit asian dudes beasting on it and hella people watching, didnt wanna suck in front of so many people lol.

so theyre also releasing technika 2 soon, as well as portable 3. cant ****ing wait.

yeah, that was pretty much wasted

modesto is only open on certain weekends

and...HUNGRYBOX IS THE MOST LEGIT DINNER A MAN CAN HAVE
Yeah I guess. Someone take me to Kenny's to play smash. I would play smash if I had legit transportation.

What time do you get up Kenny? One of these days I might just randomly pop up there if either of my parents feels generous enough to take me there.

I've never played technika, but I am a natural at these sort of games I guess. I think I started playing oblivion rocking night style 6B the second day I got djmax haha. I am revved up for djmax 3, I really want to play that. Technika 2 and DjMax3 will have similar soundtracks so I am hoping First Aid's music will be there.

Yeah Blacksquare was a disappointment for me. I pretty much only like Heart of Witch 6B and Nightmare 8B. The charts aren't very challenging in blacksquare either. DJ Max one has ****ing impossible charts that make it impossible to get 100% Judgement all the way even if you're godly good. I'm thinking the third game will be difficult like the first two since the "Metro Project" was aimed towards widening the audience by adding more anime pop songs and pop in general. DJ Max 3 should have the old trance / rock / etc songs that have a lot of notes in them

Edit: I am going to get a DJ Max 3 avatar

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
today keith woke up around 1pm and i woke up around 4pm.
it's completely random, but you can wake me up anytime haha.
i don't need sleep.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Yeah I guess. Someone take me to Kenny's to play smash. I would play smash if I had legit transportation.

What time do you get up Kenny? One of these days I might just randomly pop up there if either of my parents feels generous enough to take me there.

I've never played technika, but I am a natural at these sort of games I guess. I think I started playing oblivion rocking night style 6B the second day I got djmax haha. I am revved up for djmax 3, I really want to play that. Technika 2 and DjMax3 will have similar soundtracks so I am hoping First Aid's music will be there.

Yeah Blacksquare was a disappointment for me. I pretty much only like Heart of Witch 6B and Nightmare 8B. The charts aren't very challenging in blacksquare either. DJ Max one has ****ing impossible charts that make it impossible to get 100% Judgement all the way even if you're godly good. I'm thinking the third game will be difficult like the first two since the "Metro Project" was aimed towards widening the audience by adding more anime pop songs and pop in general. DJ Max 3 should have the old trance / rock / etc songs that have a lot of notes in them

Edit: I am going to get a DJ Max 3 avatar

yeah i think i'd call myself a natural at rhythm games as well. they also had a hella legit beatmania cab there too, but people were beasting even harder on that game even though the audience wasnt as big. i think im gonna swap black square and fever though today, so many more legit tracks on it. you play on psp or pc?

PSP. I first played dj max on the pc. That was back in like 06 when there was only djmax online. I had a chinese account hahaha. That game was even harder than all the ones on the psp. The psp games don't have SC Super Challenge tracks.

On the psp I have all the games that have come out minus the localization rehashes like fever (US) and Hot spot (JP). I never bought the trilogy game because it seemed like it was pretty much just the same stuff from 1, 2 and black square.

I kind of suck at beatmania because I can't work the turn table right. In my opinion I think beatmania is easier to play. The tracks are simple, you just have to have quick fingers. I guess you could make it more difficult by narrowing the judgement timing, but I'm not a big fan of beatmania. The songs for the most part seem to be those bland techno / trance garbage spit out by the same composers

I don't know why technika would have more people watching than beatmania unless it was because of the music. Beatmania too old school for people

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
well first of all the technika cab as a whole was way bigger, (and flashier) than beatmania, and kind of more centralized in the arcade area. second of all i think the people that were playing it were just way better at it.

but i agree old school djmax was way funner/more challenging that new age dj max's, but nonetheless any new game is fun because new fresh tracks = not the same old farming old songs.

oh yeah just remembered, when the hella pro asian dude was playing technika, some other asian dude was standing around next to the cab with a violin playing every song as the guy played the game, it was hella legit. i wonder where the nearest technika cab is to us here in modesto, i'd like to try it someday.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
im not going to play smash until i get my **** settled for san francisco

i really needa get on it

MOB

Smash Rookie
im going to add u clowns on brawl with the friend code.
dont know mine...just accept.
still waiting.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if wack is trying to figure out where im going to live for a school that my parents are gonna be paying hella money for then id rather be wack!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
lol it's all good andre

Hey Mob, come to the modesto tourney on the 18th. I'll money match you with my zelda (not sheik). You can't possibly lose

I'm going all zelda at the next tourney btw (unless i get horribly ***** in the first game of a set, then i'll switch hehe)

Who the **** is Mob?

Also guys give me some fake names for a new battlenet account. Not that my name links to anywhere. Though Suuwo does link me up. I don't use facebook or myspace or anything like that so I'm safe.

I mean like legit full names

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
This post is sort of just for my reference, but also for anyone else who wants to know I guess.

Here are the videos I still need to upload (in the order they will be uploaded)--

-The rest of the modesto tourney 2 vids (between 6 and 8 sets)
-The seriouslies at Keiths between me, kenny, and adaias (4 sets)
-The sets we did at kim's appartment (around 10 sets)

I'm gonna try to upload the rest of the tourney vids tonight, then finish the seriouslies tmw. The other vids will be up this weekend hopefully. Then I'm probably gonna release a Modesto Tourney 3 hype video (lol) and an AX highlights video

Keith, post the pics you took on the photobucket account. I think you're the only one who hasn't yet. how many did you take btw? I'm not actually sure if the account will have enough space to hold them all...

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah I should go all zelda or simply not use her at all. I'mma bust her out this next tourney. I haven't played as her much recently and it shows. She requires a hella different playstyle than fox-- you've gotta be really patient and take it slow. I'll get lots of friendlies using her before then and hopefully be up to par when the tournament rolls around.

DOTA vs Choknater and Mexican vs GKL going up now btw

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
And I have to ignore you like twice a day! You know how inconvenient that is?

Uh... lets smash this weekend maybe? And then again maybe sometime in the middle of next week. I'd like to go to at least 2 smashfests before the tourney lol. My zelda's rusty so I need to get in a bunch of matches before then. Plus you're leaving in 2 weeks or something so I've definitely gotta play you a few times before then.

Kaushik's coming back from paris the day before the tournament. I'm gonna force him to go (plus he lives a few blocks away from keith so I'm gonna force him to pick you guys up so I don't have to make the trip over there)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well the middle of next week, i'll be busy with ged registry and testing and ****.

idk. if you don't wanna smash, it's all good.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
yeah tomorrow night and saturday night i work, but from then after i should be doing nothing, again :(

but yeah, im gonna try to start uploading, you think i should upload all the video recordings of all the panels that i did? its gonna be annoying if photobucket doesnt let me upload .mov files, then i'll have to convert them all. but yeah i got some decent panel recordings so i would like to have them uploaded. im gonna see in a few mins if i can just copy them all from itunes to my computer instead of emailing them all one by one individually. theres only like 250 files on there though so im pretty sure not eveyone has uploaded yet, get a hold of su robert rj and spenser to get theirs uploaded.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Kim, RJ, and I have uploaded our pictures. Su started uploading stuff, but from what I can tell he only put up 5 pictures or so. Robert probably hasn't uploaded anything, and idk if spense has either actually. I'm not sure if either of them really took any pictures though. You and Su took most of them though I think, so it'll be cool to look through the album once all of those are in there.

~~~

I just watched me and spense play losers finals at the last modesto tourney. I killed spense 3 times in game 3. LOL, sorry about that spense. I was playing recklessly aggressive and doing stupid **** haha. By watching the videos though I started to pick up on how you react to certain situations, and I think I'll be able to play as a better teammate in the future because of it.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
so smash on sunday or you're a huge ******. (nothing in life matters but smash)

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
so i finally got to be able to just pull all the pictures and videos off my phone to my pc, only thing now is uploading them, which is somewhere between 4 and 6 gigs, so it'll be going all night lmao. try to access it in a little bit and see if you can access any of them that have already done. if not they should all be up by tomorrow lol.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
so i finally got to be able to just pull all the pictures and videos off my phone to my pc, only thing now is uploading them, which is somewhere between 4 and 6 gigs, so it'll be going all night lmao. try to access it in a little bit and see if you can access any of them that have already done. if not they should all be up by tomorrow lol.
Between 4 and 6 gigs? The account only has enough 500 MBs of space... we may need to create a few more accounts lmao

Yeah I just checked the account and it only uploaded a couple videos before the account ran out of memory. >:/

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
The rest of the modesto tourney 2 vids are going up now, and the seriouslies adaias, kenny, and I had are going up after that. The AX sets will be up after that though. There are some really good ones too.

For those who didn't know, we had a small tournament at Kim's apartment. We never actually did grand finals, but spenser won winners finals so i'll just say he won the tourney lol. Here are the results:

1. Kirbyraeg
2. GKInfinity
3. Sage
4. Jay=Out (RJ)
5. Archon05
5. Chokolait
7. Chaos (Robert)

*Click to view bracket*

Top Bottom