• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

smash today? tomorrow?
c'mon sluts.
we gotta prepare for all these tournaments we don't go to.
i love living in modesto.

this one's kenny btw, but i guess it doesn't matter.

POOP
there! now it matters. keith wouldn't want people to think he said poop... or would he?

edit: SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH DON'T BE LAZY
Ask Nick. I can't go anywhere on my own except Andre's house, but he's busy. I don't think I'll be entering any tournaments until Merced's next one. I'll show up to the Modesto tournaments, but I definitely won't sign up for singles. Might play doubles since that seems to be the only way to get in some serious doubles games.

My mind might change about that if there's a larger turn-out though

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
pssh "ask nick" like that's possible...

keith went to a meeting at his work so i don't have a phone.

i really wanna play someone with my fox/falco right now.
i was playing anthony last night and i was feeling really smooth and in control.
(usually even if i win, i don't feel in control against anthony. I CAN'T READ HIM lol)

speaking of anthony, he hit the **** button a few times and his ultra meter stayed full for entire matches instead of one stock. i want him to be able to press it on command though. haha

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Idk if i'll be able to do anything today but i'll let you know later if i can. If the turn out for the next tournament is hella small again though, I'm probably gonna change the rules up a bit. I'll either lower the cost for the tourney so more people will be willing to enter, or try a unique tournament format that I just thought up with the few people who are willing to pay the $5 entry fee.

Idk if i'll be able to do anything today but i'll let you know later if i can. If the turn out for the next tournament is hella small again though, I'm probably gonna change the rules up a bit. I'll either lower the cost for the tourney so more people will be willing to enter, or try a unique tournament format that I just thought up with the few people who are willing to pay the $5 entry fee.
Pools rounds tournament? I think that would be pretty sick for both singles and doubles and entirely possible if there's only 8-16 people.

If HMWs is home by friday, we can all play then

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Uh yeah I guess we can play at my house, hopefully it's not that hot that day cause I don't really like playing in the garage. Man I wish I was comfortable or liked playing against more than 3 or 4 characters with marth, seems like anyone can couterpick any character against my marth and do good if it's not one of a select few characters.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Pools rounds tournament? I think that would be pretty sick for both singles and doubles and entirely possible if there's only 8-16 people.
Aite I was gonna spring the idea last minute at the tournament but I guess I'll say it now and see what everything thinks. Essentially it is what you suggested Adaias-- A pools tournament. And that would be fine IMO but then I realized there would be very little hype because there aren't any winners, losers, or grand finals. The solution? Well, idk quite yet. Throw out ideas if you guys have any but here's what I've thought up so far--

My idea was to have everyone in one large pool (assuming there's 8 or fewer people), because it would let everyone play more sets in the tournament and give a better representation of each player's skill level. After everyone has played all of their games, everyone is ranked according to their wins/losses. Then you have everyone play again where losing against your opponent kicks you out of the tournament (as shown below)--

-8th vs 7th (2/3)
-Winner of last match vs 6th (2/3)
-Winner of last match vs 5th (2/3)
-Winner of last match vs 4th (2/3)
-Winner of last match vs 3rd (2/3)
-Winner of last match vs 2nd (3/5)
-Winner of last match vs 1st (3/5, 2nd place guy must win 2 sets)

Sound good? Yes? No? Idk, just my thought on how to make a pools tournament more interesting towards the end.

Miztik

Smash Master
this is kenny.

i like the garage because we all fit in there, it's cooler, and we can have more than one set up.
(nick's tv's are ridiculously convenient).

on the other side, keith's brother works grave yard now so he'll prolly be sleeping in there till around 5pm, i'd assume.

it took me a second to understand what you meant, nick.
i get it now. it's like a big round robin, followed by an elimination winner-goes-on style tournament with seeds based on the results of the round robin. not bad. if there's eight or less in attendance, then i fully approve of this. no reason not to try it.

let's give it a try.

nick, what'd come up with in reguards to stages?
i'm willing to help you decide. haha

this is kenny.

i like the garage because we all fit in there, it's cooler, and we can have more than one set up.
(nick's tv's are ridiculously convenient).

on the other side, keith's brother works grave yard now so he'll prolly be sleeping in there till around 5pm, i'd assume.

it took me a second to understand what you meant, nick.
i get it now. it's like a big round robin, followed by an elimination winner-goes-on style tournament with seeds based on the results of the round robin. not bad. if there's eight or less in attendance, then i fully approve of this. no reason not to try it.

let's give it a try.

nick, what'd come up with in reguards to stages?
i'm willing to help you decide. haha
Yeah, I thought something like this would be perfect when we only have 8 people playing. I think everyone agrees on eliminating mute city for sure

Foy

Smash Champion
First person to fly out and play me gets a fly plane ticket back.

Excludes JPeG cause he is already coming out to see me.

I need to buy an external HD to hold my games. I've been loading wii games from my usb flash lol... external HDs are kind of expensive since you have to buy like at least 100 gb for about $80

Also how much are dvd-r disc packs nowadays? I have some discs left, but I'm going to need more.

I want to practice mewtwo a bit next week just to fool around with it and pretend I am as good as Taj with the mewtwo texture hack

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Also how much are dvd-r disc packs nowadays? I have some discs left, but I'm going to need more.
Cheaper than a Jackson. Consult Mr. Jefferson on this matter.

I want to practice mewtwo a bit next week just to fool around with it and pretend I am as good as Taj with the mewtwo texture hack
FACT: Textures make you want to play dumb characters. *Plays Plusle/Minun Ice Climbers*

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
I need to buy an external HD to hold my games. I've been loading wii games from my usb flash lol... external HDs are kind of expensive since you have to buy like at least 100 gb for about $80

my 1tb external hard drive was like 90 dollars... you can get them way cheaper than 80 for 100gb.

I was probably looking at something like a flash external HD or something. I know flash is a lot more expensive than typical stuff. I want flash for load speeds. Actually saying external flash HD is dumb, flash isn't the typical hard disk stuff. I don't know anything about hardware though

Anyways, I forgot that I don't have my memory card either so I can't play any extra characters. The captain america mods made me laugh quite a lot. Chant: USA USA USA and the victory music: **** yeah america blah blah blah.

I think I'll just buy DVD-R discs to save the most money

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
thats unfortunate anthony =(

im gonna be home for like a week tho hahahaha

and suuwo is the only one that calls me HMW in this thread hahha

should be legit in modesto hopefully

im gonna remember how **** hot it is there

eat sleep and play melee =)

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
I was probably looking at something like a flash external HD or something. I know flash is a lot more expensive than typical stuff. I want flash for load speeds. Actually saying external flash HD is dumb, flash isn't the typical hard disk stuff. I don't know anything about hardware though

Anyways, I forgot that I don't have my memory card either so I can't play any extra characters. The captain america mods made me laugh quite a lot. Chant: USA USA USA and the victory music: **** yeah america blah blah blah.

I think I'll just buy DVD-R discs to save the most money
you might have been thinking of SSDs but those are usually internal. for the most part they dont have "external" flash storage per se other than flash drives, but you could use an SSD externally if you wanted to. those are like 300 bucks for 40 or 60 gig though. only used for really high end pcs.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
wuddup sars?!
LOL cool sig about genesis.

you need to change your sig, bro.

keep it up to date like mine.

gigigigigigigigiigiguaahhhjh

But Kenny, those are falco lasers, those are decent for combos. I usually try to grab after powershielding a falco's laser unless they are far away. I usually grab after powershielding a laser since it's one of the easiest / fastest actions to take, but it looked like Axe already had his combo in mind before that powershield haha

Miztik

Smash Master
just letting you all know that me and kenny have some of the sickest matches ever so much **** better than M2K vs Shiz at FAST 1 hahaha

get at mah DK

kenny knows whats up

just letting you all know that me and kenny have some of the sickest matches ever so much **** better than M2K vs Shiz at FAST 1 hahaha

get at mah DK

kenny knows whats up
Just reminded me about the time I was playing against DK. I heard some stuff from people "oh he's going to get ****ed up by DK's combos" and some other stuff about not knowing the match-up, but none of that happened though I still lost most of the time. I highly doubt DK's uair combo is unescapable with proper SDI. I got out of it almost all the time, maybe because his reaction time wasn't fast enough, but still. I do know that with proper SDI / DI, it won't connect to Donkey Punch.

So...did you guys record any of this? I would like to see

Miztik

Smash Master
this **** is too hott for videos if we posted it on youtube i'd be like a girls gone wild commercial and to put little stars just so it can be shown on tv

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
HAHAHA
right when the combo starts, the words "SEXY" or "HOT BABES" will cover up the characters in big and colorful font.

adaias, you still lost to a donkey kong. get fu
cked up.

Light shielding is gay, **** why doesn't everyone light shield. I know it's bad at the edges, but it seems like a decent option for a lot of characters.

Next time I play DK, it'll be easy. I mean, he's not even a viable character, I definitely shouldn't lose against something like that.

You guys should definitely try a "censored" melee combo video. Wombo Combo: Modesto Edition

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
Just reminded me about the time I was playing against DK. I heard some stuff from people "oh he's going to get ****ed up by DK's combos" and some other stuff about not knowing the match-up, but none of that happened though I still lost most of the time. I highly doubt DK's uair combo is unescapable with proper SDI. I got out of it almost all the time, maybe because his reaction time wasn't fast enough, but still. I do know that with proper SDI / DI, it won't connect to Donkey Punch.

So...did you guys record any of this? I would like to see
if you're talking about mexican, lool

the combos are inescapable (if you're fox) trust me...

& mexican doesnt try in friendlies... dont judge off friendlies...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Next time I play DK, it'll be easy. I mean, he's not even a viable character, I definitely shouldn't lose against something like that.
that's what i kept saying.
mexican's pretty good though.
he's a lot better than DK is. haha
& mexican doesnt try in friendlies... dont judge off friendlies...
i don't play him a lot, but i agree with this.
there are times where i'm doing really well so i expect him to step it up and he just doesn't. LOL
then other times i can tell he's trying harder and he gets a bit gayer with the bairs and tricks me into getting grabbed. he's actually really fun to play in the fox/dk match up when we both feel like trying.
he doesnt have to try against scrubs like you jr
haha there's the miztik i missed.
not this giving advice and caring about smash bull****.
u DI all the way from dk's headbutt(hold the stick all the way in one direction

dk will only get like 2 or 3 tops

same thing with samus's up b

TRUST
but that *** always has a donkey punch charged and he knows when to bair to set up for a sub par edge guard. he also likes to wait for you to recover and grab you instead of edgeguard sometimes.

imagine if he was that good with like... a decent character. haha

Top Bottom