• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
I would imagine the ledge tech to airdodge does pay off if you manage to get back on the stage as you still have to figure out how to get back on the stage after you sideB to the ledge.

I would definitely not try doing that airdodge. With the side b you can just leave your directional input the same and start spamming B. For the airdodge you have to switch it to diagonally up and to the side. I've done airdodge straight up -> grab the ledge with floaty characters like marth, but that's about
it.
yeah well that's definitely some m2k **** which is why you see like no one else doing it. But why I say it could be more risky than illusion to ledge is because a lot of the time you are more safe on the ledge (with your few invincibility frames and lag resetted) than air dodging back onto the stage, being lagged from yourpost air dodge frames and landing lag. Either way is a ****ing pro recovery tecnique that I couldn't hope to be able to pull off consistently in a match that both have their (small) ups and downs

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i don't think it would be that hard... maybe now i'll start trying it... oh wait, i miss ledge techs -_-

edit: what's all this i hear about combo food?? i was asleep when keith tried to tell me about it...

i don't think it would be that hard... maybe now i'll start trying it... oh wait, i miss ledge techs -_-
ledge techs are easy. I can't do JC shine SHL though, but good thing those sort of things are not very useful.

Play against a level 9 falco. He primarily uses Dsmash as an edgeguard so you'll see it coming miles away. Just jump down and up to the ledge to make him use dsmash. SDI towards the ledge, tech, recover. Rinse and repeat until you have it down in your sleep. SDI towards the ledge whenever you jump from the ledge anyways, it's just a good habit. You need some good reflexes to make it work in real matches, but the moves that hit below the ledge are usually slow anyways.

****, why am I so bad at this game still? I need to play smash more often with real people. Kenny doesn't count because he's a lumpycpu

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lol dude, i think if you played me for more than five minutes, i could help you. i know i'm not great myself, but playing would not hurt your improvement one bit.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
hey we had two players who were ranked in norcal. haha that's a tournament, dammmit!!!!

hey we had two players who were ranked in norcal. haha that's a tournament, dammmit!!!!
The tournament should just be GF aka $10 MM between Jr and DP.

I don't really know what I can learn from playing Kenny. Maybe just keep playing against your peach. You should know that I don't have all that much trouble in match-ups against the characters he uses because I've played him more than anyone else (except maybe Andre). Let's play on counterpick stages, I am sure both of us can surely learn a lot from that

I want to play more sheik, falco, marth, and puff

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'm advertising for this next one a little better than before so hopefully we'll get a slightly better turnout lol

And I woke up this morning feeling like **** but I txted everyone about the tournament anyway cause I thought I'd feel better after a little more sleep. But I was apparently wrong and ended up pretty sick. So... my bad

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
good ****, nick.

adaias, you can learn from playing me. lol
we'll play whatever match up you want and if you're losing, we can figure out why aka what you need to work on.
if you're winning, then either i can learn from it, or we don't need to do that match up. lol like i doubt you'd learn from my captain, but my falco might be better.

as falco i have to think a lot becuase his movements aren't fluid for me.
i laser a lot and try not to fall into anyones baiting tactics.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i can't finnish that. that's just awful.

i can't watch youtube matches where the players are both worse than i am. haha

nick, if you start feeling better, come over and smash.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Are you guys running melee from a burnt disc or on the wii? I don't really want to keep making copies whenever I make changes. Also loading up GC games would be great.

edit: nvm saw something about it

TRIPLE 7s

The African bees have invaded the World Cup and the internet! (something everyone knows already)

So I'd like some suggestions for pokemon themes / remixes to put on pokemon stadium.

I'll smash as soon as my controller gets here. I got nothing in the mail today :(

I just realized how incredible the music is for the Diamond and Pearl during my search for some pokemon music to place on stadium. Gamefreak is priy gud

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
mangos edited melee's pokemon stadium theme is pretty legit. its just a metal version of the pokemon theme.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
smash today? tomorrow?
c'mon sluts.
we gotta prepare for all these tournaments we don't go to.
i love living in modesto.

this one's kenny btw, but i guess it doesn't matter.

POOP
there! now it matters. keith wouldn't want people to think he said poop... or would he?

edit: SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH DON'T BE LAZY

Top Bottom