• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah, school's had me pretty busy the last few days. I'll have them up by tmw morning tho since i don't have any school

and yeah, i've played the first person tetris thing a few times before. It's pretty mind gamey lol

Man why is brawl so garbage? I played a bit yesterday on wifi vs. some kids and so many moves are unsafe even on hit. Meta knights tornado is so bad. Also no jabs combo since you can SDI all of them away or even towards -> punish with grab.

Though...I missed brawl's momentum cancels, not that having something like that wouldn't benefit anyone in melee other than jigglypuff and peach because all the characters are dead since they can't recover back to the stage.

Also Andre do you want to play wifi brawl later?

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
So I looked at a random thread about being technical here on smashboards.
oh, so youre finally trying to learn to be technical?
good for you, buddy!

I hear it's a pretty good way to play

and I guess I can help you out, adidas, might be a lil tough seeing im not close enough to you guys

And yeah, he's hella fun (pretty much the best in the game) but dont expect too much success at first until you get technicals down and learn applications to each mu
I would say to start by learning to fox trot and DD quite fluently, and practice shffls as fast as u can and alternate retreats/advances in between, both w/o and with hitlag there. feel free to ask anymore questions if you have them.

and as far as 'gentlemenning' and moonwalking. . . . . read a guide, watch a utube video or something for moonwalks, you dont really need that. . . . and for gentlemens, there' a bunch of ways to do it. . . I would say the easiest are the A,a,hold a+z and the A,a,pause a split second, (hold down cntrl stick 16.8 frames before) hold A method

and there are slight adjustments that need to be made for sheild/hit lag. . .
you just need a feel for the timing, really
a lot of this char is feel and you just have to play a lot with him to really understand timings and how long a pause really is when I say it
not sure sure how much you wanna get into the char, either, so what im saying may just be ramblings for the most part. . .

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Rofl no John it was a thread made by that pichu crazy dude and I enjoy reading those.

Also please take me to Wendy's I haven't had fast food in like 2 weeks.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
lol nice spense =D

and dammit joon, I was JUST biting into my turkey/roastbeef sandwich as I read your 2nd sentence
. . . were you still hungry??
and whats wrong with texting?

Foy

Smash Champion
Jerks. You never take me to Wendys.

And Joon get a longboard and longboard down to Sacramento. Its so easy going there. Have to walk all the way back.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
some of you dudeskies should come over and play melee with me and kenny. or maybe just with me since kenny has been playing mw2 and tales of symphonia.

also, yesterday i was watching continuum shift videos and it made me want to play that or sfiv again more. but ive still been in the mood to play melee a lot more lately.

tl;dr : i'm bored.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
feed him. dat ***** be hungry.

also, i will play melee even if only to please guests.

Foy

Smash Champion
Hey guys. Wanna come to NY and hang with me?
Kenny you would be a celebrity cause of you and your master of the wombo combo. Heard yo uwere the best m i rite?

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
some of you dudeskies should come over and play melee with me and kenny. or maybe just with me since kenny has been playing mw2 and tales of symphonia.

also, yesterday i was watching continuum shift videos and it made me want to play that or sfiv again more. but ive still been in the mood to play melee a lot more lately.

tl;dr : i'm bored.

Tales of Symphonia is the mad notes!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'll drive over to ceres in a few days and smash with you guys. I'm still not happy with how I do against marth

And I approve of the tales of symphonia kenny. It's a pretty good game

Nick work on your spacing. That's why you have trouble against ganon and marth. Marth is pretty difficult for puff though.

You do pretty well against the other characters because you can outspace them or trade hits at worst and manage some sort of edgeguard from there.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
black and white? didnt they JUST come out with a new one? or is it coming out in like 6 months-year?

and isnt that a step down, as far as the name of the version goes?

I mean, you had versions such as the silver, jade, gold,pearl, ruby, (some other gem/element), and now youre going black and white? what's the deal with that?? (in his best seinfeld voice)

so anywho . . . . I might come down to modesto in 2 weekends. . . practice up, foos!

Jpeg, the names were only announced. The game will be out in Japan by fall. Yeah I wonder why they did black and white. Gold version in Japan was "black." I remember I was at some random store and they had some import games from Japan and the cartridge for gold was black.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
man who could talk **** about pokemon

pokemon is the ****

also look at dat KKKmon being beaten down by Obamasnow

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i started a file on tales of symphonia, but i've been playing in it quite sluggishly. it's hard to get really into it because i've played the beginning before and it feels like a drag to sit through for now.

css is a hard game.

i approve of pokemon inducing race wars. john, being a white guy, you should know that white people are far better than gold, silver, diamonds, and pearls. black people just steal all of those things...

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
thanks john

jaime took rey to the third match, pretty close

mike was woopin on luciens shiek til he got gay counterpicked and lost the set

i beat jeff, which felt pretty good seeing as thats the main thing i wanted to do in smash for the longest time... even if he was having a major off day, it still felt pretty good!

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
thanks john

jaime took rey to the third match, pretty close

mike was woopin on luciens shiek til he got gay counterpicked and lost the set

i beat jeff, which felt pretty good seeing as thats the main thing i wanted to do in smash for the longest time... even if he was having a major off day, it still felt pretty good!
when/where have you been playing smash at lately jr? ive texted you a couple times to see if you wanted to play, if i could drive over or something but i never get responses from you anymore.

oh and nick, lemme know whenever youre gonna be able to come, just call or text me. i should be off until like friday. though, my marth isnt really good so it wont help you get better against them. but maybe it'll be fun to play nonetheless.

Top Bottom